Foxfyre's Law?????????

There is a perfectly legitimate reason to reference Bush and the Bush years and the GOP-in-power years...

...the right wants to put that power structure (albeit with a few new names) back in place as soon as possible.

There is absolutely every justification for reminding people of 'what was' in a discussion with those who want 'what was' once again to be 'what is'.

George Bush is going to run for president again?:cuckoo:

We will bring up BOOOSSHHH as long as Bush is blamed for Obama's shortcomings. Obama is the least responsible president in history, childishly blaming his predecessor for every failure he has in fixing whatever it was he claimed he was going to fix.

I added that in parentheses specifically so I wouldn't hear the Bush isn't running again B.S.

Apparently I didn't dumb it down enough for you.

That's silly. You guys can try it, but we'll (the libs) will just laugh at you. Bush was the last president and ran this country for 8 years that were highly tumultuous and controversial. To say that we can no longer bring him up without it being an instant "fail" is silly. Hell, the Bush Administration still falls under the category of current events (though he is no longer President).

Furthermore, the implication of "Godwin's Law" was that Hitler was so terrible and the Nazi's so evil that comparing any current happening to them is unnecessarily hyperbolic and generally only done to smear and not debate. That same can't really be said about Bush (no matter how much I hate him).

So I guess you righties have decided that all those righties who brought up Clinton for 8 years were what?

Assholes? Idiots? Clueless fuck-for-brains retards?

what description most aptly describes those conservatives of the Bush years?

lol

What's funniest is that the same crowd who defended Bush literally down to the last bullet now have decided they don't want anything to do with him.

Ummm, I think some of ya'll need to re-read the OP. I don't think you've quite grasped the concept we're shooting for here or the reason for it.

But I'm gonna go take my Sunday afternoon nap. Ya'll see what you can work out. I shall return.

So I guess you righties have decided that all those righties who brought up Clinton for 8 years were what?

lol

How many times did Bush blame Clinton for his problems? I seem to recall the answer is zero.

But Foxfyre is right: This is just deflection.
I vote for "BUshwhacked!"
So every time a thread comes up critical of Obama and his eunuchs scream "but Bush..." we can just say "Bushwhacked!" and that ends the thread.
I'm down with that.

So what term or word would be useful to identify such arguments when they inevitably crop up just to save us time?

The Bush Dawg Law

I posted before reading the entire thread :redface:

But I like Bushwacked and Bush-Dawg'ed.

of course, Bushwacked has fewer special characters...

Last edited:

lol

Thread killa!

Kind of makes Liability's liability Liability.:lol:

Those little plays on words work better when they actually -- you know -- make sense.

Putting your word-play handicap to the side, let's address your typically dishonest thesis du jour.

As I correctly and sagaciously noted earlier, it CAN be valid and instructive to point to some failing or failings of a prior Administration from time to time.

But you partisan hacks of the loopy left do it all the time because, being the intellectually dishonest poseurs you often are, you are unable to accept any personal responsibility.

Did folks during the Bush years occasionally point to precedent of prior Administrations (like Bubba's) when the dishonest criticism came from the loopy libtards? Sure. Why not?

And to whatever extent you loopy dishonest liberoidals dislike some of the right's criticism of the Obmessiah, it would be equally fair of you to point to precedent set by the W Administration.

But that's not what you guys do.

We are all here. We see and read the shit you say instead. Your fraudulent pretenses therefore cannot work. And this is why you and poseurs like you are such failures. You transparent phonies can never figure out why you are so easily and readily dismissed.

Carbuncle = FAIL, once again.

Ho hum.

Thread killa!

Kind of makes Liability's liability Liability.:lol:

Those little plays on words work better when they actually -- you know -- make sense.

Putting your word-play handicap to the side, let's address your typically dishonest thesis du jour.

As I correctly and sagaciously noted earlier, it CAN be valid and instructive to point to some failing or failings of a prior Administration from time to time.

But you partisan hacks of the loopy left do it all the time because, being the intellectually dishonest poseurs you often are, you are unable to accept any personal responsibility.

Did folks during the Bush years occasionally point to precedent of prior Administrations (like Bubba's) when the dishonest criticism came from the loopy libtards? Sure. Why not?

And to whatever extent you loopy dishonest liberoidals dislike some of the right's criticism of the Obmessiah, it would be equally fair of you to point to precedent set by the W Administration.

But that's not what you guys do.

We are all here. We see and read the shit you say instead. Your fraudulent pretenses therefore cannot work. And this is why you and poseurs like you are such failures. You transparent phonies can never figure out why you are so easily and readily dismissed.

Carbuncle = FAIL, once again.

Ho hum.

Hey, it's not Foxfyre's (or anyone else's) fault "you guys" didn't try to think of a clever phrase for blaming Clinton.
You missed that boat.
Enjoy your swim.

:eusa_whistle:

Cried Bush Corollary

Just Popped a Busch

Jumped the Bush

Lost in the Bush

Botta Bing Botta Bush

Every thing including the Bush's sink

Nice Bush

Hiding in the Bushes

The other day a thoughtful member--I can't remember which one but I will acknowledge his contribution if he steps forward--suggested that we need some kind of Godwin-ist law as related to references to George W. Bush on internet discussion boards.

As most of you know, somebody named Godwin recognized a phenomenon now known as Godwin's Law. Loosely defined it goes like this:

Godwin's Law Definition

"As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler steadily increases." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that {thread} is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an {upper bound} on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely recognised codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

I believe there is a comparable law that has been identified regarding former President George W. Bush:

As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparsion involving George W. Bush steadily increases.

No matter what the topic be it fishing or animal husbandry or fashion or cooking or sports or motorcylcle racing, sooner or later somebody will mention that George W. Bush was an (expletive).

No matter how heinous or dastardly the offense--gunning down civilians in a mall or molesting children--the perpetrator isn't as bad as George W. Bush who "lied and people died."

No matter what assinine policy or proposal some member of Congress comes up with or whatever stupidity or ponzi scheme some celebrity commits, at least he or she isn't George W. Bush who "started two wars" (presumably single handedly.)

No matter how badly some idea backfired or what pain is created, it is far better than George W. Bush who is responsible for the deaths of a gazillion innocent Iraqis and Afghanistanis.

No matter how badly some national crisis is bundled, it isn't worse than George W. Bush who doomed thousands of people to die in Katrina.

Anyhow, you get my drift.

So what term or word would be useful to identify such arguments when they inevitably crop up just to save us time?

Foxes immediacy of deflection law

Okay, you guys have been busy this afternoon and evening.

So keeping Save's (cough) list as a backup reserve, here are the suggestions so far:

Foxfyre's Law
Boooooooosh
Foxfyre's "W" Corollary to Godwin's Law
A Bushwhack
Bush Lov'n Nazi
The Dubya Directive
Bushshit
Bushtwaddle (actually I sort of like this one)
Fox's Law of W (but would they relate that to Fox News?)
A Bushwack (different spelling)
The Bush Dawg Law
Honore's Law
Fox's Law of Immediacy of Deflection (FLOIOD - I kind of like that too. Pronounced Flow - ee--odd :))

As we didn't really arrive at a consensus, I think I'll immodestly go with Foxfyre's "W" Law for now until we do reach a consensus.

Forum List

Back