1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
3 eggs slightly beated
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 425F. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the potatoes and eggs. Mix well. Mix syrup, milk, salt, and vanilla. Ad the potato misture. Line a 9 inch pie pan with the pie crust. Put filling in pan and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325F and bake for 35 - 45 minutes.

I use light corn syrup and light brown sugar. I make my own pie crust but you don't have to. The recipe I use for pie crust is the recipe which I assume is still on the Crisco can. It takes a little more water than called for, though. If you make your own pie crust always use ice water which will make it more flaky.

1 pound of sweet potatoes boiled in their skins, then skins removed and the potatoes mashed will make just the right amount with a little bit left over.

Sweet Potato Pie

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs slightly beated
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 425F. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the potatoes and eggs. Mix well. Mix syrup, milk, salt, and vanilla. Ad the potato misture. Line a 9 inch pie pan with the pie crust. Put filling in pan and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325F and bake for 35 - 45 minutes.

I use light corn syrup and light brown sugar. I make my own pie crust but you don't have to. The recipe I use for pie crust is the recipe which I assume is still on the Crisco can. It takes a little more water than called for, though. If you make your own pie crust always use ice water which will make it more flaky.

1 pound of sweet potatoes boiled in their skins, then skins removed and the potatoes mashed will make just the right amount with a little bit left over.

Thanks sweetie.

Sweet Potato Pie

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs slightly beated
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 unbaked pie crust

Thanks sweetie.

Enjoy. We have. Try a dollop of whipped cream on top........ ;)

:)

just a suggestion..

use cream or half and half instead of the milk and try maple syrup instead of corn syrup.

:)

If you use the cream, you would need to cut the butter as the formula would be off. Maple syrup? Maybe for some, but not for me in this recipe,. I think I'm going to try a shoo fly pie with some of this molasses a patient brought me. I don't want it to go to waste and it will turn to sugar no more than I use.

Last edited:
here is the sweet potatoe pie recipe i use:

Sweet Potato Pie

Ingredients
1 (1 pound) sweet potato
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp clove
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Pecans
Whipped Cream

Directions
1. Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
2. Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Mash sweet potato to remove “strings” Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugars, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, ginger and vanilla. Stir in lemon juice. Add Flour. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
4. Top with pecans and whipped cream. Serve

no boiling...bake only let them get soft...slow bake.....you can do a bunch at one and use them as needed....but no boiling....

yeah, i was planning on baking instead of boiling them this time...... forgot to adjust the recipe before i posted it........

OH how I love sweet potato pie! And I'm happy to see that the recipes below do NOT include marshmallow. *gag*

I'm going out to dinner tonight and with my piece of steak I'll be enjoying a baked sweet potato. Mmmmmmm ... yummy!

OH how I love sweet potato pie! And I'm happy to see that the recipes below do NOT include marshmallow. *gag*

I'm going out to dinner tonight and with my piece of steak I'll be enjoying a baked sweet potato. Mmmmmmm ... yummy!

you might be thinking of sweet potato casserole.......

no boiling...bake only let them get soft...slow bake.....you can do a bunch at one and use them as needed....but no boiling....

I agree. Baking the sweet potatoes is the best way... as it decrees the water content...and concentrates the flavors and sugars.

Forum List

Back