Foxconn - The Fear Factory

Why is it political? We need to free business from regulation like China does?

Oh, but American companies freed from all those pesky regulations would never ever, ever consider lessening workplace protections for their bottom lines.

Why do you think Apple outsources its production?

No rational individual, left or right, wants NO regulation.... the point is to have appropriate regulation.

Funny..... what is funnier is that Apple are the darling of the left wing.... guess where their products are built? Yep, at the Foxconn factory.

I guess morals are flexible for the left.

Personally, I don't buy products produced at Foxconn. It's why I have a BlackBerry. Decent firm, decent working conditions.... ethics.... learn the meaning, Chrissie.

Chris and Ethics?.....that would mean he would have to be honest.....not going to happen.....

Why is it political? We need to free business from regulation like China does?

Oh, but American companies freed from all those pesky regulations would never ever, ever consider lessening workplace protections for their bottom lines.

No rational individual, left or right, wants NO regulation.... the point is to have appropriate regulation.

So show us on the doll where the regulation touched you inappropriately.

Funny..... what is funnier is that Apple are the darling of the left wing.... guess where their products are built? Yep, at the Foxconn factory.

Personally, I don't buy products produced at Foxconn. It's why I have a BlackBerry. Decent firm, decent working conditions.... ethics.... learn the meaning, Chrissie.

So no CONZ use Apple products?

Apple is to computing what Starbucks is to coffee.

Certainly not the best product, but the best MARKETED product.

Hey, moron. Who ran HP when they offshored their business to FOXCONN? That's right....Carly Fiorina. What party did she run for senate with again? Oh and what did she do with all those jobs? That's right...she sent them to India, saying that no American had a right to them.

So you wanna talk about the tenuous ties to the left of Apple or you wanna talk the CONCRETE TIES to the right of HP?
Yet another clumsy fail from the right. And why HP is currently failing.

Oh and I have a bit of personal knowledge of how WONDERFUL FOXCONN products are after I had to troubleshoot a prototype motherboard from them. Turns out there was a short in the printed circuit board. Golly...lets look at it under microscope to see if it can be repaired....nope....what the hell is that? Why....it's algae. Algae has caused the short. FOXCONN WASHES THEIR PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS IN THE FUCKING RIVER!

How the FUCK are we supposed to compete with a country that washes it industrial waste in rivers? Do YOU want to drink that water?

I don't own a single HP or Apple product because I don't like how they conduct their business....besides....HP products are shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-pTQWu6g]Soldiers HP Printer Problem Now Resolved No Thanks to HP - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and one more thing, dumbass....they make all the parts for your blackberry in China and then SHIP them to Canada where they are assembled.
http://www.alibaba.com/suppliers/blackberry-made-in-china-supplier.html

Gee....looks like you fucking failed yet again, huh?

Last edited:

You know there are thousands of items that were/are produced by Foxconn, right?

They are mainly used for computer parts such as motherboards and all the other internals.
And don't forget products such as Playstation, Xbox, etc.

Foxconn manufactures products for companies including:

(country of headquarters in parentheses)

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[36]
Amazon.com (United States)[37]
Apple Inc. (United States)[38]
Cisco (United States)[39]
Dell (United States)[40]
Hewlett-Packard (United States)[41]
Intel (United States)[42]
Microsoft (United States)[43]
Motorola Mobility (United States)[40]
Nintendo (Japan)[44]
Nokia (Finland)[38]
Samsung Electronics (South Korea)[45]
Sony (Japan)[46]
Toshiba (Japan) [47]
Vizio (United States)[48]

Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. i know exactly who uses Foxconn for production. You see BlackBerry's name on that list? No. Hence, I stick with RIM.... whose factories are in Poland, Canada and Mexico.

You might want to read this Forbes article:

Do You Know Who Manufactured Your Blackberry? - Forbes

So no CONZ use Apple products?

Apple is to computing what Starbucks is to coffee.

Certainly not the best product, but the best MARKETED product.

Hey, moron. Who ran HP when they offshored their business to FOXCONN? That's right....Carly Fiorina. What party did she run for senate with again? Oh and what did she do with all those jobs? That's right...she sent them to India, saying that no American had a right to them.

So you wanna talk about the tenuous ties to the left of Apple or you wanna talk the CONCRETE TIES to the right of HP?
Yet another clumsy fail from the right. And why HP is currently failing.

Oh and I have a bit of personal knowledge of how WONDERFUL FOXCONN products are after I had to troubleshoot a prototype motherboard from them. Turns out there was a short in the printed circuit board. Golly...lets look at it under microscope to see if it can be repaired....nope....what the hell is that? Why....it's algae. Algae has caused the short. FOXCONN WASHES THEIR PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS IN THE FUCKING RIVER!

How the FUCK are we supposed to compete with a country that washes it industrial waste in rivers? Do YOU want to drink that water?

I don't own a single HP or Apple product because I don't like how they conduct their business....besides....HP products are shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxv-pTQWu6g]Soldiers HP Printer Problem Now Resolved No Thanks to HP - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and one more thing, dumbass....they make all the parts for your blackberry in China and then SHIP them to Canada where they are assembled.
Blackberry Made In China Suppliers - Reliable Blackberry Made In China Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

Gee....looks like you fucking failed yet again, huh?

yep link to Forbes article here:

You know there are thousands of items that were/are produced by Foxconn, right?

They are mainly used for computer parts such as motherboards and all the other internals.
And don't forget products such as Playstation, Xbox, etc.

Foxconn manufactures products for companies including:

(country of headquarters in parentheses)

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[36]
Amazon.com (United States)[37]
Apple Inc. (United States)[38]
Cisco (United States)[39]
Dell (United States)[40]
Hewlett-Packard (United States)[41]
Intel (United States)[42]
Microsoft (United States)[43]
Motorola Mobility (United States)[40]
Nintendo (Japan)[44]
Nokia (Finland)[38]
Samsung Electronics (South Korea)[45]
Sony (Japan)[46]
Toshiba (Japan) [47]
Vizio (United States)[48]

Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. i know exactly who uses Foxconn for production. You see BlackBerry's name on that list? No. Hence, I stick with RIM.... whose factories are in Poland, Canada and Mexico.

You might want to read this Forbes article:

I've already read it.

Difference, for me, between RIM and most others is that they do not produce at Foxconn. RIM is about the best - that I have researched - when it comes to ethics. As the Forbes article says...

In all fairness, it’s becoming extremely difficult for any company to not set up manufacturing facilities in China if it wants to stay competitive and, most likely, all mobile phone providers have the same issue as RIM.

The difference, to me, is what companies... I could not find any suggestion that the companies they source from are in any way as bad as Foxconn. And, at least I care enough to try... which is more than many here can say.

Yeah, Apple evangelists like the darling Pinko Slime of Politics, your MessiahRushie. All he does is rave about Apple and FoxCONn.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: Sixty thousand of these people live and work at the factory. "Many of the people at 'Foxconn City' work six days a week, twelve hours a day, and they earn less than US$17 per day. It may sound inhumane by American standards, but these jobs are in high demand in China -- so much so that Jennifer Rigoni, former worldwide supply demand manager for Apple, told the New York Times that Foxconn 'could hire 3,000 people overnight.'" That's how many people want to work there.

March 19, 2012
RUSH: Now, here's what I did. Before I knew any of this, I arranged, as I always do (and I secured them; I got it) a huge supply of the new iPads, and they are at the engraver as we speak. They're being engraved with the EIB logo and the Rush Limbaugh signature, much as the previous iPad 2s that we had that were engraved.

These are the ones just released last Friday. What I'm gonna do... We did this when we started out on Facebook. We're going to give one of these new iPads away every day starting tomorrow

Yeah, Apple evangelists like the darling Pinko Slime of Politics, your MessiahRushie. All he does is rave about Apple and FoxCONn.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: Sixty thousand of these people live and work at the factory. "Many of the people at 'Foxconn City' work six days a week, twelve hours a day, and they earn less than US$17 per day. It may sound inhumane by American standards, but these jobs are in high demand in China -- so much so that Jennifer Rigoni, former worldwide supply demand manager for Apple, told the New York Times that Foxconn 'could hire 3,000 people overnight.'" That's how many people want to work there.

March 19, 2012
RUSH: Now, here's what I did. Before I knew any of this, I arranged, as I always do (and I secured them; I got it) a huge supply of the new iPads, and they are at the engraver as we speak. They're being engraved with the EIB logo and the Rush Limbaugh signature, much as the previous iPad 2s that we had that were engraved.

These are the ones just released last Friday. What I'm gonna do... We did this when we started out on Facebook. We're going to give one of these new iPads away every day starting tomorrow

Just a couple of small points:

1. The thread ain't about Rush.

2. I don't listen to Rush so it's quite hard for me to be a disciple of the MessiahRushie, as you call him. You clearly know far more about Rush than I do.... since you seem able to quote him verbatum at a moment's notice.

Obsessed much? :lol:

You make yourself look so silly.... I wonder how you are not embarrassed by your bullshit?

January 23, 2012

March 19, 2012

2. I don't listen to Rush so it's quite hard for me to be a disciple of the MessiahRushie, as you call him. You clearly know far more about Rush than I do.... since you seem able to quote him verbatum at a moment's notice.

You make yourself look so silly.... I wonder how you are not embarrassed by your bullshit?

I wonder how embarrassed you are after saying apple is a darling of the left that been proven to be bullshit

January 23, 2012

March 19, 2012

Why should his post be any more embarrassing than your claiming that Apple is the "darling of the left"? He proved you were wrong to make such a blanket claim (a blanket claim, I might add, that you would censure were it made by a "lib" to a "con").

Workers are paid 31 cents an hour.

They work 35 hour shifts and sleep 10 to a room.

And if they try to form a union, they are sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Sounds like a Republican paradise
!

If only Americans would stop being such spoiled pussies and just compete with China.
If not a Republican paradise, then definitely a CON$ervoFascist Utopia.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: As I say, they leave out one crucial factor here and that's unions, to help explain why manufacturing in America can't compete with the way the ChiComs do it.

Let me give you a fascinating statistic that will put this in perspective. The primary manufacturing company for Apple's products is called Foxconn, Hon Hai Precision Industry, and they make electronic gadgets for practically everybody. Apple is one of their largest customers. They have, at one factory, 230,000 employees. One factory: 230,000 employees. Most of them live in dormitories on the site of the factory. There's a hospital, there are kitchens. This place goes through... I wish I could remember. The tonnage of pork and rice every month this place goes through to feed its employees is astounding. They have 230,000 employees in one factory. They work six days a week, 12 hours a day. They earn the equivalent of 17 US dollars a day, and they are plum jobs in China.

Workers are paid 31 cents an hour.

They work 35 hour shifts and sleep 10 to a room.

And if they try to form a union, they are sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Sounds like a Republican paradise
!

If only Americans would stop being such spoiled pussies and just compete with China.
If not a Republican paradise, then definitely a CON$ervoFascist Utopia.

January 23, 2012
RUSH: As I say, they leave out one crucial factor here and that's unions, to help explain why manufacturing in America can't compete with the way the ChiComs do it.

Let me give you a fascinating statistic that will put this in perspective. The primary manufacturing company for Apple's products is called Foxconn, Hon Hai Precision Industry, and they make electronic gadgets for practically everybody. Apple is one of their largest customers. They have, at one factory, 230,000 employees. One factory: 230,000 employees. Most of them live in dormitories on the site of the factory. There's a hospital, there are kitchens. This place goes through... I wish I could remember. The tonnage of pork and rice every month this place goes through to feed its employees is astounding. They have 230,000 employees in one factory. They work six days a week, 12 hours a day. They earn the equivalent of 17 US dollars a day, and they are plum jobs in China.

LOL Still whining about Rush.

How many times did he own you on a subject?

January 23, 2012

March 19, 2012

Why should his post be any more embarrassing than your claiming that Apple is the "darling of the left"? He proved you were wrong to make such a blanket claim (a blanket claim, I might add, that you would censure were it made by a "lib" to a "con").

Apple is one of the few major corporations (and one of the wealthiest - $96 billion in the bank)... who attract no criticism from the left. What does that tell you? That the left like Apple - because Apple (and Jobs before he died) donate to and support the Dems.

EdTheDumbAss didn't prove jack shit other than he is so obsessed with Rush Limbaugh that he cannot post without quoting him.

Apple are a shit company, with shitty ethics who happen to produce popular products. I won't buy their products - because the company is unethical. I make an effort to buy from ethical companies.

Morals are not flexible. Hence the outrage over Foxconn's policies.

Unless you're not outraged. Then, I concede you are correct: morals are indeed flexible.

Conservatives hate the notion of labor unions. They fear unions and claim that today's labor union is not needed because modern employers are so fair and true and concerned with worker's health and safety and the cleanliness of the environment.

Conservatives fail to understand that Foxconn is not treating their employees right. They see Foxconn's policies as fair and equatable and 'competitive'.

So what is the Conservative policy concerning a vibrant, inclusive Middle Class in America? If companies 'competed' as Foxconn does, would the American Middle Class benefit? Or would the Middle Class standard of living erode? Certainly the stockholders and executive suite at companies who behave like Foxconn would see a Golden Age in profitability.

But how sustainable is that profitability when the customer base is erased down to the standard of living of the average worker in Asia?

So show us on the doll where the regulation touched you inappropriately.

i lol'd pretty hard. :lmao:

Forum List

Back