Foxconn - The Fear Factory

Workers are paid 31 cents an hour.

They work 35 hour shifts and sleep 10 to a room.

And if they try to form a union, they are sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Sounds like a Republican paradise!

A kinder, gentler Foxconn...
:eusa_shifty:
Foxconn Pledges Labor Improvements in China
March 30, 2012 - Taiwan manufacturing giant Foxconn has agreed to improve conditions at its China-based factories, where workers assemble popular devices for iconic U.S. technology giant Apple and several other high-tech companies.
The company said it will increase the employees' wages, reduce their overtime hours and upgrade their living conditions. Foxconn announced the changes after the U.S.-based monitoring group Fair Labor Association (F.L.A.) released a report Thursday detailing dozens of violations of Chinese labor laws and regulations, such as forcing employees to work more than 60 hours a week -- well above the maximum 49 hours mandated by Chinese law, and sometimes for several days straight -- without being properly compensated.

The report was the result of a survey of over 35,000 workers at three large Foxconn plants. The company employs more than one million Chinese workers to assemble popular Apple products such as the iPad and iPod. F.L.A. President Auret van Heerden said the agreement between Apple and Foxconn could lead to similar changes at Chinese factories that build products for other U.S. technology companies such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and Dell.

"Given that Foxconn and Apple have now decided to raise the bar and rather dramatically improve conditions for workers, other factories are going to start losing workers," said van Heerden. "Workers are going to choose to go work at Foxconn -- [where] you work less and you get the same money and you get time to spend it -- so other factories will have to raise their offer in order to be able to attract and retain workers. "So in that sense, we are going to see this ripple through the entire electronic sector," he said. "And Apple and Foxconn will set the bar that everyone else will have to meet."

Apple called for the investigation after several employees at Foxconn plants committed suicide in 2010. It was not immediately clear what effect the Foxconn deal will have on products assembled for its other digital vendors, which include Amazon, Nintendo, Sony and Intel.

Source

Sure, I bet they will look closely at how to reduce their profits by raising employee pay and hours. I have a neato bridge for sale too.

If only Americans would stop being such spoiled pussies and just compete with China.

FoxConn is definitely a bad employer who is trying to get away with as much as they can.

They are breaking work hour laws (China has them) and other laws.
$2 an hour and up to 40 hours of work shouldn't be bad in China considering their wages.
But with this extra free time, they will need entertainment of some sort.

They are Human beings too and deserve to be treated as so.

Funny..... what is funnier is that Apple are the darling of the left wing.... guess where their products are built? Yep, at the Foxconn factory.

I guess morals are flexible for the left.

Personally, I don't buy products produced at Foxconn. It's why I have a BlackBerry. Decent firm, decent working conditions.... ethics.... learn the meaning, Chrissie.

Funny..... what is funnier is that Apple are the darling of the left wing.... guess where their products are built? Yep, at the Foxconn factory.

Personally, I don't buy products produced at Foxconn. It's why I have a BlackBerry. Decent firm, decent working conditions.... ethics.... learn the meaning, Chrissie.

You know there are thousands of items that were/are produced by Foxconn, right?

They are mainly used for computer parts such as motherboards and all the other internals.
And don't forget products such as Playstation, Xbox, etc.

Foxconn manufactures products for companies including:

(country of headquarters in parentheses)

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[36]
Amazon.com (United States)[37]
Apple Inc. (United States)[38]
Cisco (United States)[39]
Dell (United States)[40]
Hewlett-Packard (United States)[41]
Intel (United States)[42]
Microsoft (United States)[43]
Motorola Mobility (United States)[40]
Nintendo (Japan)[44]
Nokia (Finland)[38]
Samsung Electronics (South Korea)[45]
Sony (Japan)[46]
Toshiba (Japan) [47]
Vizio (United States)[48]

Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You know there are thousands of items that were/are produced by Foxconn, right?

They are mainly used for computer parts such as motherboards and all the other internals.
And don't forget products such as Playstation, Xbox, etc.

Foxconn manufactures products for companies including:

(country of headquarters in parentheses)

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[36]
Amazon.com (United States)[37]
Apple Inc. (United States)[38]
Cisco (United States)[39]
Dell (United States)[40]
Hewlett-Packard (United States)[41]
Intel (United States)[42]
Microsoft (United States)[43]
Motorola Mobility (United States)[40]
Nintendo (Japan)[44]
Nokia (Finland)[38]
Samsung Electronics (South Korea)[45]
Sony (Japan)[46]
Toshiba (Japan) [47]
Vizio (United States)[48]

Foxconn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. i know exactly who uses Foxconn for production. You see BlackBerry's name on that list? No. Hence, I stick with RIM.... whose factories are in Poland, Canada and Mexico.

Apple a darling of the left? christ woman you will say ANYTHING no matter how stupid it is

Last edited:
Them thar Chinkineez should be happy to get thirty six hour shifts ! These fuckin Marksizmz here only want to let us work 12. Gawd Blass Chiner !

So Ipads would only cost 23% more if made here vs in China?

Someone somehwere is making mega bucks off the backs of those workers.

Foxconn has a new game called angry Skynet.

Apple a darling of the left? christ woman you will say ANYTHING no matter how stupid it is

It is a darling of the left.... the right are quite keen on Apple too.... anyone who buys their products is supporting Foxconn's atrocious working conditions. Those conditions are hardly 'news'.... it's been a problem for years.... and yet idiots still line up to buy the latest crap from Apple... no matter how unethical they are.

So Ipads would only cost 23% more if made here vs in China?

Someone somehwere is making mega bucks off the backs of those workers.

Foxconn has a new game called angry Skynet.

Apple are making mega bucks off the backs of those workers. Take a look at their latest declared profits. There was not a peep from the left wing about that..... $96 billion in the bank..... and on the back of those poor workers. How can anyone who owns an Apple product not feel ashamed? I don't know.

Forum List

Back