Foxconn plant in Wisconsin! ................................Careful what you wish for?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
People so excited about a new Foxconn plant in Wisconsin. There is a lot to think about. Anyone know much about Foxconn? And how manufacturing today works?

First on Foxconn:

1 Million Workers. 90 Million iPhones. 17 Suicides. Who’s to Blame?

17 suicides? Mmmm, is that good?
Republicans are quick to point out, "But that's lower than the national rate". Course, I worked at the same company for 37 years and no one committed suicide while at work. Leave it to the GOP to see the "bright spot".

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg
Suicide prevention nets. BAM!

So where does the land in Wisconsin come from?

Mount Pleasant property owners are being asked to option their land for Foxconn

Foxconn will demand staggering government incentive package to land in Wisconsin

“Free land, subsidies, tax abatements, money to support research and development – anything that can be of value," Tangen said, echoing views expressed elsewhere among Asian analysts. Chinese authorities even subsidize minimum-level wages, which already are unimaginably low by American standards.

What is their record on building plants in the US?

Foxconn announces U.S. manufacturing plant in Wisconsin

In 2013, Foxconn said it would invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new factory in Pennsylvania, but that facility was never completed. Foxconn has another small operation in Pennsylvania.

Wisconsin state Senator Jennifer Shilling, a Democrat, questioned whether there is "legislative appetite for a $1 (billion) to $3 billion corporate welfare package... The bottom line is this company has a concerning track record of big announcements with little follow-through."

Obviously, with high tech, comes education. What is Wisconsin's history on education.

Scott Walker Takes A National Risk With State Education Cuts - NBC News

Scott Walker cut school funding more than any governor, Greater Wisconsin Committee claims

Gov. Scott Walker savages Wisconsin public education in new budget

So there it is. I hope the people of Wisconsin well, but I look at what Trump and Pence did with Carrier and the debacle that has turned out to be and I wonder if the GOP leadership is setting the people of Wisconsin up for the same kind of debacle but on a massive scale?

Democrats are completely against manufacturing in the United States. They will fight to keep Foxcomm from building here. They can build in Mexico, China, anywhere but here.

So am I to interpret this that we're supposed to be suicidal, since Foxcomm is moving here?

Nope. We're ecstatic about this news. They're also building the plant near several large metropolitan areas, which means many minorities will be given good-paying jobs.

Why do Democrats like minorities to be poor?

People so excited about a new Foxconn plant in Wisconsin. There is a lot to think about. Anyone know much about Foxconn? And how manufacturing today works?

First on Foxconn:

Republicans are quick to point out, "But that's lower than the national rate". Course, I worked at the same company for 37 years and no one committed suicide while at work. Leave it to the GOP to see the "bright spot".

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Foxconn will demand staggering government incentive package to land in Wisconsin

“Free land, subsidies, tax abatements, money to support research and development – anything that can be of value," Tangen said, echoing views expressed elsewhere among Asian analysts. Chinese authorities even subsidize minimum-level wages, which already are unimaginably low by American standards.

In 2013, Foxconn said it would invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new factory in Pennsylvania, but that facility was never completed. Foxconn has another small operation in Pennsylvania.

Wisconsin state Senator Jennifer Shilling, a Democrat, questioned whether there is "legislative appetite for a $1 (billion) to $3 billion corporate welfare package... The bottom line is this company has a concerning track record of big announcements with little follow-through."

Obviously, with high tech, comes education. What is Wisconsin's history on education.

Scott Walker cut school funding more than any governor, Greater Wisconsin Committee claims

So there it is. I hope the people of Wisconsin well, but I look at what Trump and Pence did with Carrier and the debacle that has turned out to be and I wonder if the GOP leadership is setting the people of Wisconsin up for the same kind of debacle but on a massive scale?
If it was a Democrat in the Governor's mansion you'd be singing his praises for bringing Foxconn to Wisconsin.......... :lol:

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Maybe the nets could have saved a few of the people who had dirt on the Clintons?

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

If it was a Democrat in the Governor's mansion you'd be singing his praises for bringing Foxconn to Wisconsin.......... :lol:

A Democrat would never do a deal like that. He would have exported jobs to China. The Governor we had before Walker lost quite a few job in this state.

• Banned

Lower than the national average in the US

What Einstein thought this BS up?
No. Lower than the national average in China. Years ago, I posted a thread about the suicides at Foxcom in China and some right winger here at the USMB said so what. The suicides at the company are lower than the country's national average.

You need to read what you just wrote, why the hell are you quoting suicide rates at a company that are lower than national averages? And what does suicides in China have to do with suicides in the US?

The average suicide rate in China is around 14 per 100,000....suicides at the company are 17 per 1,000,000

Stupid

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

A Democrat would never do a deal like that. He would have exported jobs to China. The Governor we had before Walker lost quite a few job in this state.
Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few. More and more of those jobs are automated. A US worker can't compete with wages of $173 a month. Maybe you could, but no one else.
The majority are short term construction. After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin since the GOP cut so much from education.

Have you right wingers ever heard the words "big picture"? Do you know what that means?

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few. More and more of those jobs are automated. A US worker can't compete with wages of $173 a month. Maybe you could, but no one else.
The majority are short term construction. After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin since the GOP cut so much from education.

Have you right wingers ever heard the words "big picture"? Do you know what that means?

So are you saying that it's better to have no jobs at all? I don't see the problem here, with Foxcomm moving to Wisconsin.

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

So are you saying that it's better to have no jobs at all? I don't see the problem here, with Foxcomm moving to Wisconsin.

He's just annoyed it's under republicans and not demoquacks

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Right winger......? Me? Hack on, it's all you know........ :lmao:

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Still don't understand do you? The jobs at the factory itself will be few.

Oh no! A few jobs. Awful, just awful!!!

More and more of those jobs are automated.

Corporations pay taxes. Just awful!

After that, they will need technicians and engineers. But those will be coming from outside of Wisconsin

Jobs for Americans? Just awful!

since the GOP cut so much from education.

Yeah, screw those teachers unions.

It means that we can laugh at your whining.

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

No. He is just stating facts that you don't like. But that isn't a problem, because you nutters will just make up your own alternative facts.

No. He is just stating facts that you don't like. But that isn't a problem, because you nutters will just make up your own alternative facts.

Alternative facts? How is the OP's statement a "fact" that the suicide rate will rise in Wisconsin because of the new plant?

The plant hasn't even been built yet.

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

I guess we are now importing factories from overseas. Soon the other governments will own us. WI is a good state for them, they never increases their min wage, and Walker probably gave them a huge deal. Let them have the sweatshop.

No. Lower than the national average in China. Years ago, I posted a thread about the suicides at Foxcom in China and some right winger here at the USMB said so what. The suicides at the company are lower than the country's national average.

You need to read what you just wrote, why the hell are you quoting suicide rates at a company that are lower than national averages? And what does suicides in China have to do with suicides in the US?

The average suicide rate in China is around 14 per 100,000....suicides at the company are 17 per 1,000,000

Stupid
Dum Dum. I can't believe anyone is so stupid I have to explain this. But I guess we found that stupid idiot. So I'll try.

In the general population of a country, you have suicides for many reasons. Pain, disability, unhappy, depression, old age, loneliness, failure, discovery you committed a crime. The list is endless and goes on and on. Young people working and getting paid normally doesn't lead to suicide. Do I have to explain why?

First on Foxconn:

ff_joelinchina4_f.jpg

Gawd, you must be more stupid than that other one.

You may not understand this analogy, but I will try.

If you need a car and buy a good car, then you made a good deal.

If you need a car and buy a lemon, you've been tricked. The car has been misrepresented. BUT YOU STILL NEED A CAR. The need doesn't go away just because of a bad deal.

So what would be a good deal for the state of Wisconsin? A good car or a lemon. Remember, the lemon is still a car. It's just a bad deal.

Now try to think it through. Perhaps visit some of those links I posted. Learn something of value.

Stupid
Dum Dum. I can't believe anyone is so stupid I have to explain this. But I guess we found that stupid idiot. So I'll try.

In the general population of a country, you have suicides for many reasons. Pain, disability, unhappy, depression, old age, loneliness, failure, discovery you committed a crime. The list is endless and goes on and on. Young people working and getting paid normally doesn't lead to suicide. Do I have to explain why?

Don't bother, you're all over the crazy map, Derp. I'm sure somehow or someway you have a point but keep it, you give me a headache

Forum List

Back