Fox Wars

Who cited Krauthammer?

And, he's not a journalist by the way.

I did. Check out the OP.
Duh. I read the OP and forgot you had Krauthammer's column in it.

The point is still valid, Krauthammer's not a journalist and doesn't claim to be.

It is true that Krauthammer was not trained as a journalist, but I think it is a stretch to say that he is not one given his prolific writings including his much quoted syndicated column and the impeccable research and journalism that he puts into it. He is also a Pulitzer Prize winner with a very impressive, bipartisan bio:

MyHeritage.org: Biography of Charles Krauthammer

I did. Check out the OP.

The point is still valid, Krauthammer's not a journalist and doesn't claim to be.

It is true that Krauthammer was not trained as a journalist, but I think it is a stretch to say that he is not one given his prolific writings including his much quoted syndicated column and the impeccable research and journalism that he puts into it. He is also a Pulitzer Prize winner with a very impressive, bipartisan bio:

MyHeritage.org: Biography of Charles Krauthammer

Yes that was my view. It appears Curvelight (whoever he or she may be) disagrees. As to why, we may never know.

Who cited Krauthammer?

And, he's not a journalist by the way.

I did. Check out the OP.

The point is still valid, Krauthammer's not a journalist and doesn't claim to be. And Curvelight would rather attack people than actually read what they say then see if he/she agrees with it, and why.

Very narrow, closed minded wouldn't you say tigerbob?

Yes, probably. Or possibly just juvenile.

I'm not a defender of any media outlet. You assume that an explanation equals support. It is no wonder you struggle with news programs.

And, just for a point of fact: The kool aid is only drunk by the left - Jim was a friend of the left, not the right so the kool aid label doesn't work. Idiot.

You're a partisan hack.

The metaphor is a common one, and is not the property of the right.

You seriously need to come back to reality and come out of your little right-wing bubble.

And, yes, what you wrote does in fact "equal support", and is not just providing an "explanation".

(I notice you didn't make any defensive statements about MSNBC, now did you?)

I seriously love it when I see someone write dozens of posts supporting Right-wing politicians and media sources, or write dozens of posts bashing the left without any criticism for the right, and then claim to be "independents" or "not right-wingers".

Just like Bill O'Reilly claimed to be an "Independent" for all those years, while he was supporting the right.

Who are you trying to convince exactly? Yourselves?

Your point appears to be well made, but in the numbers from that ratings link is something I find rather sad.

5PM: Glenn Beck– 2,676,000 viewers
6PM: Special Report with Bret Baier– 2,032,000 viewers
7PM: The Fox Report w/ Shep –1,899,000 viewers
8PM: The O’Reilly Factor – 3,124,000 viewers
9 PM: Hannity –2,866,000 viewers
10 PM: On The Record w/ Greta Van Susteren —2,374,000 viewers

Of all the programming over this 6 hour period, the least watched show on Fox News is.....the news.

When did watching the raw news and making up one's own mind become so much less important that watching the news opinion shows and being told what the news means and what the story behind the news 'really' is?

I haven't checked, but I suspect the same is true for other cable news channels. I'm prepared to be corrected if anyone else would care to look it up.

No wonder the left and right can hardly stand to be in the same room with each other.

YES!!! Exactly!

Which is why I absolutely HATE both MSNBC and FoxNews. They are truly the worst offenders at spouting opinion and then tying it in with a couple of "real news" shows to make themselves look like they have some sort of integrity.

You get exactly what I'm saying.

Baier's show is straight news. The only interviews are with reporters. There is NO opinion anywhere in it, ever. It used to be Bret Hume's news show. It focuses on political news, mostly out of D.C.

Since apparently you didn't get what I was saying, watch the Jon Stewart link above.

He spells it out succinctly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Now, on to Rather.

You continue to assert he was "fired" after only one month after his faked Booooosh service documents, even after it's been shown to you in this thread that's not accurate. So, you're giving the definite impression you don't want to be an honest participant in discussion.

LOL, I love this.

This has to be the most-used tactic of the Right-Wing talking heads.

Argue a semantic point, pretend it's a valid falsehood, and then try to use it to invalidate the entire argument.

Priceless.

And so typical.

Give an example of a "straight" news report that offered opinion. I understand that after some reportage has been made guest are called upon to give an analysis of the subject, but most often than not, Fox offers both conservative and liberal perspectives.

Watch the Jon Stewart clip I posted above.

He did his homework.

Forum List

Back