Fox "trumps" Bush, announces SCOTUS nominee

G

Gabriella84

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/07/19/fox_trumps_bush_scotus_nominee_is_definitely_clement.php#more

There was a major and very revealing slip of the tongue on Your World w/Neil Cavuto today (July 19, 2005).

At 4:06 p.m. ET, Donald Trump came on for a telephone interview about what he's looking for in a Supreme Court nominee. Bear in mind, Bush will announce his pick to replace Justice Sandra Day O'Connor tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET.

There's how the exchange between Cavuto and Trump began:

Cavuto: "Who do you want, or what do you want to see, specifically, out of the future Supreme Court justice?"

Trump: "Well, first of all, I think it was a great choice from a lot of standpoints, including the fact that it was a woman..."

Cavuto interrupts: "Well, it's not definite, to be fair Donald. The speculation is that it could be this Judge Clement but it might not be."

Trump: "Oh, well, I had heard that it was. But I only heard it from you, so that's all the news that's fit to print."

Comment: Two minutes earlier Brit Hume said that any discussion about the nominee being Clement was way out of line and pure speculation.

Now you tell me Fox doesn't have close ties to the White House.

Gabriella84 said:
http://www.newshounds.us/2005/07/19/fox_trumps_bush_scotus_nominee_is_definitely_clement.php#more

There was a major and very revealing slip of the tongue on Your World w/Neil Cavuto today (July 19, 2005).

At 4:06 p.m. ET, Donald Trump came on for a telephone interview about what he's looking for in a Supreme Court nominee. Bear in mind, Bush will announce his pick to replace Justice Sandra Day O'Connor tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Cavuto: "Who do you want, or what do you want to see, specifically, out of the future Supreme Court justice?"

Trump: "Well, first of all, I think it was a great choice from a lot of standpoints, including the fact that it was a woman..."

Cavuto interrupts: "Well, it's not definite, to be fair Donald. The speculation is that it could be this Judge Clement but it might not be."

Trump: "Oh, well, I had heard that it was. But I only heard it from you, so that's all the news that's fit to print."

Comment: Two minutes earlier Brit Hume said that any discussion about the nominee being Clement was way out of line and pure speculation.

"Speculation about a replacement focused much of Tuesday on another woman: Edith Clement, a judge on the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New Orleans, Louisiana.

But three informed sources told CNN on Tuesday evening that president would not choose Clement. One source said she was one of the finalists and confirmed she had met with Bush this past weekend. "

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/19/scotus.main/index.html

Gabriella84 said:

Well, ABC is reporting it isn't her. So I guess tonight when we watch, we will all learn who was right. People have been speculating all day. Furthermore, one expects all news outlets to have their contacts in the White House. That goes without saying. Gimme a break.

Wow, I guess CNN is becoming a bastion of Right Wing policy wonks! Or maybe it is all speculation anyway and nobody knows except Bush and his advisors whom he has picked.

Fair enough then. All networks have their sources inside the Bush White House. But only Fox gets into bed with him.

No kidding Mr. P. It is always better to get the news from the Horses mouth than from another source (especially if it is another source on the horse).

Gabriella84 said:
Fair enough then. All networks have their sources inside the Bush White House. But only Fox gets into bed with him.
laura%20bush.jpg

Have you SEEN Laura Bush? I'd get in bed too :p

:hitit:

Oh please cp. I bet Laura gets as much from Dubya as Hillary gets from Bill.

Gabriella84 said:
Oh please cp. I bet Laura gets as much from Dubya as Hillary gets from Bill.

And by what evidence do you infer such a thing? Even after being spanked by Gem on another thread you still cannot get yourself to stop stooping?

It appears that Fox isn't in "bed" with the Administration any more than MSNBC or CNN is. ABC was the one that broke the right story, one hour before the actual announcement. Does that mean they are in bed with the Administration?

Forum List

Back