Fox tips the balance again.

Your Honor,

I present to you Exhibit A:

He inherited 2 regional Australian newspapers from his father. How outrageous! A kid inheriting the family business... albeit a pretty small one.

and Exhibit B:
It means that after inheriting two small nondescript newspapers, Murdoch turned those into a media empire and is a self-made mad. The parasitic class at OWS just want everything for nothing. They are having fun at the expense of New York. They get to take drugs, drink, have lots of anonymous sex in the filth they produce and no one can touch them. This is the life!

You will note how the subjects both attempt to vaguely push the meme that the newspaper business that the mogul inherited by birth, not from his own hard earned work, are somehow "mom 'n' pop" shops, or in some far away remote 2-bit third-world country, not one of the world nations of the Western Civilization. The goal here, you see, is to pretend that the mogul didn't have much to begin with, just like the regular Joes, and then was able to turn his 2-bit mom'n'pop business into a world media conglomerate...you know, like a good self-made billionaire media mogul.

When the whole world and/or any one with an ounce of common sense knows that the Benefactor started of with a well established powerhouse of a media business in those newspapers he inherited.

Your Honor...I rest my case.

I knew about Murdoch's inheritence YEARS ago when he little SOB horned into NYC....but you'd think our resident neocon/teabagger parrots would at least do a simple google to check out something rather than just pull it out of their posteriors. To call The Sunday Mail is the equivalent of the local PennySaver speaks of gross ignorance or a tremendous personal dishonesty or a desperate need to defend the GOP agenda and beliefs above all else...or in the case of the neocon/teabagger/oather/birther/libertarian clowns we deal with here, a combination of all three. Sad, but not unexpected

This morning I was watching "Good Day New York" on Channel 5, which is part of the FOX network. The co-host were interviewing a guy who is part of the on-going occupation of Wall St., and were (of course) repeating the media standard line by questioning the man as to why there is no set goals or leadership to advocate such goals. During his response, the man pointed out that it's about all types of people pointing out that nothing is being done about the economic inequality and subsequent crimes perpetrated by Wall St./banking giants (individuals and corporations)....and that you had leaders from various backgrounds join in. He stated that Al Sharpton "a self made man from the streets like me" was joining.....at which time co-host Greg Kelly interjected (twice) that like Al Sharpton, Rupert Murdoch is a self made man.

:confused: Come again?

Rupert Murdoch INHERITED HIS FATHER'S OWNERSHIP OF TWO NEWSPAPERS IN THE U.K. (Australia). He did NOT start out in the copy room of some local city paper and work his way up to mogul.

Al Sharpton grew up doing the preacher circuit for his particular brand of religion. Big difference.

I saw this as just another Fox flunkie pushing the "class warfare" line that's heard from the neocon/teabagger pundits in the media. By trying to equate Murdoch as a successful "every man", co-host Greg Kelly pushes the subliminal context that the Wall St. protesters are just "jealous" of "successful people".

Typical Fox BS....but not unexpected.

Hate to point out the obvious (I lie) but when Murdoch inherited those tow papers in Australia he had been working as an editor for a different paper in another country. He then built those tow papers into a media empire that makes idiots like you froth at the mouth. If that is not a self made man I have never heard of one.

Hate to point out your painfully obvious regurgitation of a false premise (I lie), but his editorial work for a London tabloid DID NOT lead up the ladder of hard work to being head of one of Australia's leading news paper The Sunday Mail.....he INHERITED that when his father died.

Murdoch, the son of Sir Keith Murdoch (1886–1952), a famous Australian war correspondent and publisher, studied at Worcester College, Oxford (M.A., 1953), and briefly worked as an editor on Lord Beaverbrook's London Daily Express, where he first gained practical experience in the sensationalist journalism that would be a major influence early in his career as a publisher. His father having died, he returned to Australia in 1954 to take over his inheritance, the Sunday Mail and The News, both of Adelaide

No one is denying Murdoch's personal success....but to keep trying to push this BS that he's a "self made man" is just that...BS. Only a complete idiot would believe that an editor of a tabloid becomes the overnight owner of TWO major newspapers based solely on his merit and salary. But then again, in the desperate attempt to defend the neocon/teabagger status quo and legends, a Quantum Windbag will blow any smoke necessary. Carrry on.

The ows are just a bunch of spoiled kids that want great pay w/o the education or effort it takes to get it.

None of them are taking personal responsibility, just blaming Wall St.

I'd be embarrassed to have anyone in my family involved in this non-sense.

Obviously you're totally ignorant as to the make up of the people participating in the protests. They are senior citizens who got screwed out of their retirement...they are college grads who GOT the grades and are now looking at debt with NO job prospects....they are parents, spouses, long time employees who saw their jobs outsourced overseas....and ALL of them have watched Wall St. and it's banking buddies in management making out like bandits, and then bitch that they may have to give up some tax breaks and loopholes.

If I were YOU, I'd be embarassed to voice your ignorance in public.

Utter fucking nonsense.

If you're referring to the Limbaugh-esque BS you're about to regurgitate, then I whole heartedly agree.
I just went from one job to another. It took me a whole month to find it.

Good for you....where do you live? where you fired? down sized? Left for better pay?what's the unemployment rate in your area? what's your field of expertise? What was the job? In the same field as the old one? Are you saying that because YOU got a job that everyone else that doesn't have one isn't trying?

There's jobs, it's just that those whiny bitches won't take anything they can find.

Spoken like a true willfully ignorant neocon/teabagger parrot....you got yours, so everyone else is just a slacker looking for a handout. Obviously, the reports of major downsizings by various corporations and industries, the official reports spotlighted by Congress and the Senate showing how companies are NOT opening their doors to higher people, and the 9% unemployment rate verified by the unemployment insurance rates reported by ALL press regardless of political affiliation is lost on your closed mind.

Your lack of information and vast wealth of propaganda, must make it hard to carry on an honest conversation.

An apt projection of yourself, bunky.
:cuckoo:

No, you're not nuts...just a pathetic liar and BS artist. Bottom line: my story stands based on FACTS easily verified in the current news. All YOU'VE got is some personal claim and some ass backwards assessments as to what's going on in the REAL world. Carry on.

The ows are just a bunch of spoiled kids that want great pay w/o the education or effort it takes to get it.

None of them are taking personal responsibility, just blaming Wall St.

I'd be embarrassed to have anyone in my family involved in this non-sense.

Sure they are.:lol:

Stop getting your info from Fox.

You guys talk about class warfare, I think the right is more involved in class warfare than anyone else. The problem is, you are going after people just like you.

Dont be dim.

I listen to what they say on camera, on msnbc, abc and fox.

They are all a bunch of spoiled kids, or whiny adults that want other people to take care of them.

No genius, THEY WANT MORE JOBS TO BE AVAILABLE....THEY WANT THE RAT BASTARDS ON WALL ST. AND THEIR BANKING BUDDIES TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST SOCIETY (THEFT), AND THEY WANT TO STOP BEING USED BY THE WEALTHY TO PAY FOR THEIR LARGESSE AND ERRORS I.E., UNION BUSTING, LOPSIDED TAX BREAKS AND LOOPHOLES.

I got that from listening to MSNBC, ABC, NPR, WBAI.....seems YOU need to get your head out of Limbaugh's fat ass, clean out your ears, and EXPAND YOUR COGNITIVE REASONING AND LISTENING SKILLS.

What the hell does that bolded part mean? Anybody?

I forgot how willfully ignorant and purposely obtuse you can be, Cali-Girl. Let me dumb it down for you: Murdoch was born into the American equivalent of upper middle-class....the next best thing to being "old money". So he had ADVANTAGES from birth...he did NOT have to work his way up the ladder or beat his brains to get a scholarship. So the comparison to Sharpton as a "self made man" is a crock. Got that, bunky?

Actually, LackyTiberal, I was wonder when Australia became part of the UK.

Twit.

Actually, you're just another dumb bunny neocon/teabagger who doesn't have the guts to admit you're wrong as you continually pull stuff out of your ass and try to pass it off as "facts". The chronology of the posts shows I readily conceded my geographical error....which DOES NOT disprove the FACTS regarding my opening or subsequent posts.

Grow the fuck up, Cali-Girl and stop making an ass of yourself...even I am beginning to feel embarassed for you.

Still waiting for TackyLiberal to explain what 'in the UK (Australia)' means. Australia is not in the UK.

I stand corrected. Now, do YOU have the cojones to deal with the FACTS that back up my opening posts point regarding the idiotic comparison of Murdoch to Sharpton as "self made men"?

I'm a details person.... factually accurate details. Lesson: The United Kingdom: the countries of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Great Britain: the countries of England, Scotland and Wales. Not rocket science..... or maybe it is. It seems many Americans are incapable of grasping that fairly straightforward fact.

Now, to address your "point". Murdoch inherited two fairly successful newspapers and turned them into a global media empire. So, he is a 'self made man', if you want to quibble over that, fine. Personally, I don't give a shit about Murdoch or Sharpton's 'success'.... I have zero respect for either.

Once again, Cali-Girl displays not only willful ignorance, but a insipid stubborness regarding her ignorance.

The Sunday Mail is a standard MAJOR paper in Australia...90 years and standing. I knew this from years ago, but dumb toots like Cali-Girl could have easily googled such. I'll break my rules and do her homework for her just this once:

Murdoch, the son of Sir Keith Murdoch (1886–1952), a famous Australian war correspondent and publisher, studied at Worcester College, Oxford (M.A., 1953), and briefly worked as an editor on Lord Beaverbrook's London Daily Express, where he first gained practical experience in the sensationalist journalism that would be a major influence early in his career as a publisher. His father having died, he returned to Australia in 1954 to take over his inheritance, the Sunday Mail and The News, both of Adelaide
Rupert Murdoch Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

No one is denying Murdoch's successes, but a "self made man" isn't handed TWO successful newspapers to start building his empire.
Like all ignorant neocon/teabagger blowhards, once Cali-Girl is proven wrong, she suddenly states that she doesn't care about the very subject she so ardently sounds off about. But again, only a complete idiot would try to make The Sunday Mail the equivalent to a local Penny Saver.

But that's our Cali-Girl...who's beating the dead horse of my error in putting Australia in the UK despite my conceding and admitting such. Probably the only orgasm the little fool will have this year. Carry on.

How's that obsession working for ya champ?

If you are addressing me, please explain how telling the truth and pointing out lies RE: Fox News and the Wall St. occupation an "obsession"? Unless you can prove me wrong, it would seem that YOU are obsessed with just being contrary to anything I post. Carry on.

Anyone reading your manic, endlessly repetitive, one-note screeching on this thread alone can see the obsessive rantings of a defective mind at work.

No one has a gun to your head to read the thread, toodles..much less post this response....so obviously you're obsessed in grinding some axe with me.

So since you've got NOTHING of worth to add to the subject matter of the thread, I'll just dump your dopey ass in the bin and let you grind your axe to the delight of similar limited mindsets. Adios!

This morning I was watching "Good Day New York" on Channel 5, which is part of the FOX network. The co-host were interviewing a guy who is part of the on-going occupation of Wall St., and were (of course) repeating the media standard line by questioning the man as to why there is no set goals or leadership to advocate such goals. During his response, the man pointed out that it's about all types of people pointing out that nothing is being done about the economic inequality and subsequent crimes perpetrated by Wall St./banking giants (individuals and corporations)....and that you had leaders from various backgrounds join in. He stated that Al Sharpton "a self made man from the streets like me" was joining.....at which time co-host Greg Kelly interjected (twice) that like Al Sharpton, Rupert Murdoch is a self made man.

:confused: Come again?

Rupert Murdoch INHERITED HIS FATHER'S OWNERSHIP OF TWO NEWSPAPERS IN THE U.K. (Australia). He did NOT start out in the copy room of some local city paper and work his way up to mogul.

Al Sharpton grew up doing the preacher circuit for his particular brand of religion. Big difference.

I saw this as just another Fox flunkie pushing the "class warfare" line that's heard from the neocon/teabagger pundits in the media. By trying to equate Murdoch as a successful "every man", co-host Greg Kelly pushes the subliminal context that the Wall St. protesters are just "jealous" of "successful people".

Typical Fox BS....but not unexpected.

Hate to point out the obvious (I lie) but when Murdoch inherited those tow papers in Australia he had been working as an editor for a different paper in another country. He then built those tow papers into a media empire that makes idiots like you froth at the mouth. If that is not a self made man I have never heard of one.

Hate to point out your painfully obvious regurgitation of a false premise (I lie), but his editorial work for a London tabloid DID NOT lead up the ladder of hard work to being head of one of Australia's leading news paper The Sunday Mail.....he INHERITED that when his father died.

No one is denying Murdoch's personal success....but to keep trying to push this BS that he's a "self made man" is just that...BS. Only a complete idiot would believe that an editor of a tabloid becomes the overnight owner of TWO major newspapers based solely on his merit and salary. But then again, in the desperate attempt to defend the neocon/teabagger status quo and legends, a Quantum Windbag will blow any smoke necessary. Carrry on.

Where did I say it did?

What I said was that he was working for someone else when his father died. He inherited two papers in Adelaide, the capital of South Australia (which is a state). He then built those two papers into a major media empire by making them profitable and expanding his holdings to other papers in Australia, and then the UK. It was what he did after he inherited them that make him a self made man, not the fact that he inherited them. If he had been like you those papers would have been dead by now and no one would have heard of Murdoch.

I stand corrected. Now, do YOU have the cojones to deal with the FACTS that back up my opening posts point regarding the idiotic comparison of Murdoch to Sharpton as "self made men"?

I'm a details person.... factually accurate details. Lesson: The United Kingdom: the countries of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Great Britain: the countries of England, Scotland and Wales. Not rocket science..... or maybe it is. It seems many Americans are incapable of grasping that fairly straightforward fact.

Now, to address your "point". Murdoch inherited two fairly successful newspapers and turned them into a global media empire. So, he is a 'self made man', if you want to quibble over that, fine. Personally, I don't give a shit about Murdoch or Sharpton's 'success'.... I have zero respect for either.

Once again, Cali-Girl displays not only willful ignorance, but a insipid stubborness regarding her ignorance.

The Sunday Mail is a standard MAJOR paper in Australia...90 years and standing. I knew this from years ago, but dumb toots like Cali-Girl could have easily googled such. I'll break my rules and do her homework for her just this once:

No one is denying Murdoch's successes, but a "self made man" isn't handed TWO successful newspapers to start building his empire.
Like all ignorant neocon/teabagger blowhards, once Cali-Girl is proven wrong, she suddenly states that she doesn't care about the very subject she so ardently sounds off about. But again, only a complete idiot would try to make The Sunday Mail the equivalent to a local Penny Saver.

But that's our Cali-Girl...who's beating the dead horse of my error in putting Australia in the UK despite my conceding and admitting such. Probably the only orgasm the little fool will have this year. Carry on.

You're 'probably' an overly emotional whiner.

Truthfully, I don't give a rat's ass what Murdoch inherited - it's not my business. However, you seem to have an unhealthy interest in other people's lives. How sad.

Where did I say it did? More to the point, WHY did you say that if you weren't trying to infer something? The bogus right wingnut claim that Murdoch is a "self made man" does not hinge on his employment record when a hefty and life changing inheritance gives him wha a TRUE "self made man" would have to WORK years for. And since Sharpton DID NOT inherit a simliar situation, the comparison by the Fox Noise joker is laughable at best.

What I said was that he was working for someone else when his father died. A moot point....see above.
He inherited two papers in Adelaide, the capital of South Australia (which is a state). Again, a moot point...see above response. He then built those two papers into a major media empire by making them profitable and expanding his holdings to other papers in Australia, and then the UK. Not quite, my little bag of wind. The Sunday Mail was already a successful paper BEFORE Murdoch was born. It was The News of which he turned into a tabloid and international success story, thus "building" his empire with the steady cash cow of two established papers, one of which he changed. It was what he did after he inherited them that make him a self made man, not the fact that he inherited them. Ahhh, and here is where the standard policy of the neocon/teabagger comes in...if the FACTS and established DEFINITIONS don't fit the narrative, change them! Naa-unnh, my little Windbag....the time honored definition of a self made man is one who makes his own money, creates his own items. Murdoch INHERITED the latter....what he did afterwards is a credit to his innovations and business savvy, but by no means on God's green Earth was his success 100% due to his "self making".

If he had been like you those papers would have been dead by now and no one would have heard of Murdoch.

Your silly little personal attack aside, YOU just can't accept the FACTS when they don't fit your narrative. Again for the mentally impaired....Murdoch DID NOT go off to make his fortune, but rather he INHERITED THE BEGININGS OF ONE. No one doubts his success, but to claim he made it all on his own...a "self made man" is the blatherings of insipidly stubborn fools and the (willfully?) ignorant. Carry on.

Truthfully, I don't give a rat's ass what Murdoch inherited - it's not my business. However, you seem to have an unhealthy interest in other people's lives. How sad.

Ahhh, the final gasp by a defeated neocon/teabagger toadie! Riddle me this, Cali-Girl...if you don't give a rat's ass about the subject at hand, then why devote so much time and effort in trying to disprove what I wrote? Why do you stubbornly keep parroting the same old Limbaugh lines when you KNOW you've been logically and factually proven wrong? Are you having a psychotic break? Fucking stupid? Stubborn AND Fucking stupid? Or do you just have an axe to grind with me personally? Tell you what, if you truly don't care, then STFU, put me on IA and save yourself the trouble. But if you don't, then my assessments of you are pretty much on target, and I won't have to waste any more time on you on this thread. Adios, muchacha!

• Thanks
Reactions: CT9
There is no evil conspiracy here. Fox News has been proven to be more fair & balanced than Liberal Media outlets. Just take a look at the number of Liberal/Socialist commentators they have on air. Someone posted the list earlier. Maybe they could post it again? And Murdoch is an incredibly successful businessman. I don't see how anyone could deny that.

Ahhh, the final gasp by a defeated neocon/teabagger toadie! Riddle me this, Cali-Girl...if you don't give a rat's ass about the subject at hand, then why devote so much time and effort in trying to disprove what I wrote? Why do you stubbornly keep parroting the same old Limbaugh lines when you KNOW you've been logically and factually proven wrong? Are you having a psychotic break? Fucking stupid? Stubborn AND Fucking stupid? Or do you just have an axe to grind with me personally? Tell you what, if you truly don't care, then STFU, put me on IA and save yourself the trouble. But if you don't, then my assessments of you are pretty much on target, and I won't have to waste any more time on you on this thread. Adios, muchacha!

The only thing I questioned - and rightly - was your comment that Australia is in the UK. Twit.

There is no evil conspiracy here. Fox News has been proven to be more fair & balanced than Liberal Media outlets. Just take a look at the number of Liberal/Socialist commentators they have on air. Someone posted the list earlier. Maybe they could post it again? And Murdoch is an incredibly successful businessman. I don't see how anyone could deny that.

As you can see by this link, Paulitician is just some clown with an axe to grind who just regurgitates right wingnut talking points and mantras just to be part of the conversation and push along the right wingnut presence. Just ignore this clown, folks.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4267872-post42.html

The only thing I questioned - and rightly - was your comment that Australia is in the UK. Twit.

The chronology of the posts makes Cali-Girl out to be a bald faced LIAR. And if that weren't enough, there was this from the previous response:

But that's our Cali-Girl...who's beating the dead horse of my error in putting Australia in the UK despite my conceding and admitting such. Probably the only orgasm the little fool will have this year. Carry on

Say goodnight Gracie....shows over for you. :razz:

Last edited:
Sure they are.:lol:

Stop getting your info from Fox.

You guys talk about class warfare, I think the right is more involved in class warfare than anyone else. The problem is, you are going after people just like you.

Dont be dim.

They are all a bunch of spoiled kids, or whiny adults that want other people to take care of them.

No genius, THEY WANT MORE JOBS TO BE AVAILABLE....THEY WANT THE RAT BASTARDS ON WALL ST. AND THEIR BANKING BUDDIES TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE CRIMES AGAINST SOCIETY (THEFT), AND THEY WANT TO STOP BEING USED BY THE WEALTHY TO PAY FOR THEIR LARGESSE AND ERRORS I.E., UNION BUSTING, LOPSIDED TAX BREAKS AND LOOPHOLES.

I got that from listening to MSNBC, ABC, NPR, WBAI.....seems YOU need to get your head out of Limbaugh's fat ass, clean out your ears, and EXPAND YOUR COGNITIVE REASONING AND LISTENING SKILLS.
Wow, you take moran to a whole knew level.

Wall St. didn't steal, obama GAVE them billions. The rest is the whiny bullshit I was talking about.

Dont be dim.

Wow, you take moran to a whole knew level.

Wow, if you're attempting to insult someone, try improving your spelling skills for a better impact.
Wall St. didn't steal, obama GAVE them billions. The rest is the whiny bullshit I was talking about.

Are you truly this ignorant of what went on in the last 12 years, or are you just some insipidly stubborn neocon/teabagger hack?

Stop, take your two thumbs out of your ass and THINK! Why was the Wall St./banker bailouts necessary? Then do some honest research and see when all this crap started (hint: 8 years of GW Bush).

But I suspect you're just some dumb kid who'll repeat his neocon/teabagger nonsense ad nauseum while refusing to look at any facts that will contradict your beliefs. Carry on.

Forum List

Back