Fox tips the balance again.

He inherited 2 regional Australian newspapers from his father. How outrageous! A kid inheriting the family business... albeit a pretty small one.

probably a lot more than Sharpton inherited.
Yes, Murdoch is a self made man, but he came from a little better back ground.

From a couple of little newspapers in Australia to a global media empire. Yea, I'd say that qualifies as 'self made'. But I am more interested in when Australia became part of the UK. :lol: Was it before or after the 1,000 countries suddenly appeared on the globe? Inquiring minds need to know.

Don't hate your fellow Americans. Being a success is a good thing. Don't be jealous and bitter. That only leads to hate and violence. God has a plan for us all. Stay true to him and he will stay true to you. Some Politicians are now just preying on human weakness. They are promoting this Class Envy/Class Warfare stuff to get and hang onto power. It's not healthy for our nation. Turning American against American is just wrong. A house divided will surely fall.

You say don't hate your fellow Americans but have no problem supporting people who go after union workers, and the so called "moochers". And Fox is right up there promoting class warfare, running a story on makers and moochers is a prime example of that.
So please take your hypocritical bullshit somewhere else.

Last edited:
He inherited 2 regional Australian newspapers from his father. How outrageous! A kid inheriting the family business... albeit a pretty small one.

probably a lot more than Sharpton inherited.
Yes, Murdoch is a self made man, but he came from a little better back ground.

From a couple of little newspapers in Australia to a global media empire. Yea, I'd say that qualifies as 'self made'. But I am more interested in when Australia became part of the UK. :lol: Was it before or after the 1,000 countries suddenly appeared on the globe? Inquiring minds need to know.

Maybe he is confused because they share a monarch. I don't know.

This morning I was watching "Good Day New York" on Channel 5, which is part of the FOX network. The co-host were interviewing a guy who is part of the on-going occupation of Wall St., and were (of course) repeating the media standard line by questioning the man as to why there is no set goals or leadership to advocate such goals. During his response, the man pointed out that it's about all types of people pointing out that nothing is being done about the economic inequality and subsequent crimes perpetrated by Wall St./banking giants (individuals and corporations)....and that you had leaders from various backgrounds join in. He stated that Al Sharpton "a self made man from the streets like me" was joining.....at which time co-host Greg Kelly interjected (twice) that like Al Sharpton, Rupert Murdoch is a self made man.

:confused: Come again?

Rupert Murdoch INHERITED HIS FATHER'S OWNERSHIP OF TWO NEWSPAPERS IN THE U.K. (Australia). He did NOT start out in the copy room of some local city paper and work his way up to mogul.

Al Sharpton grew up doing the preacher circuit for his particular brand of religion. Big difference.

I saw this as just another Fox flunkie pushing the "class warfare" line that's heard from the neocon/teabagger pundits in the media. By trying to equate Murdoch as a successful "every man", co-host Greg Kelly pushes the subliminal context that the Wall St. protesters are just "jealous" of "successful people".

Typical Fox BS....but not unexpected.

anyone comparing al sharkskin to anything other than an elocutionary murderer on a scale comparable with hitler and all around steaming pile of :poop:should have their head examined, so yea, Fox blew it.

great catch:rolleyes:

Unfortunately Class Envy/Class Warfare works. The Democrats are turning American against American. It's an awful 'Divide & Conquer' strategy. Look for them to ratchet this stuff up much more as the Election draws nearer. Anything to hold on to power i guess. It's very sad.

:lol:

Laughable to say the least.

The right brays on and on about Unions, Public employee benefits, the Poor not paying income tax, people on welfare and food stamps and people on SSI.

Then..when anything is mentioned about the outrageous behavior of the the top tier in this country..it's class warfare.

Amazing.

no not really, whats laughable is the overabundance of shallowness you possess as opposed to any scintilla of critical thinking....

This morning I was watching "Good Day New York" on Channel 5, which is part of the FOX network. The co-host were interviewing a guy who is part of the on-going occupation of Wall St., and were (of course) repeating the media standard line by questioning the man as to why there is no set goals or leadership to advocate such goals. During his response, the man pointed out that it's about all types of people pointing out that nothing is being done about the economic inequality and subsequent crimes perpetrated by Wall St./banking giants (individuals and corporations)....and that you had leaders from various backgrounds join in. He stated that Al Sharpton "a self made man from the streets like me" was joining.....at which time co-host Greg Kelly interjected (twice) that like Al Sharpton, Rupert Murdoch is a self made man.

Rupert Murdoch INHERITED HIS FATHER'S OWNERSHIP OF TWO NEWSPAPERS IN THE U.K. (Australia). He did NOT start out in the copy room of some local city paper and work his way up to mogul.

Al Sharpton grew up doing the preacher circuit for his particular brand of religion. Big difference.

I saw this as just another Fox flunkie pushing the "class warfare" line that's heard from the neocon/teabagger pundits in the media. By trying to equate Murdoch as a successful "every man", co-host Greg Kelly pushes the subliminal context that the Wall St. protesters are just "jealous" of "successful people".

anyone comparing al sharkskin to anything other than an elocutionary murderer on a scale comparable with hitler and all around steaming pile of :poop:should have their head examined, so yea, Fox blew it.

Anyone who would compare Sharpton to Hitler is just well a moron and a major pile of shit.

Don't hate your fellow Americans. Being a success is a good thing. Don't be jealous and bitter. That only leads to hate and violence. God has a plan for us all. Stay true to him and he will stay true to you. Some Politicians are now just preying on human weakness. They are promoting this Class Envy/Class Warfare stuff to get and hang onto power. It's not healthy for our nation. Turning American against American is just wrong. A house divided will surely fall.

You say don't hate your fellow Americans but have no problem supporting people who go after union workers, and the so called "moochers". And Fox is right up there promoting class warfare, running a story on makers and moochers is a prime example of that.

Fox News covers various angles of all issues. You chose only that one angle to focus on. But that's ok with me. That's how you feel. I was just saying how wrong it is for Politicians to promote such jealousy & bitterness towards fellow Americans. It is a deliberate 'Divide & Conquer' agenda. We don't need to turn on each other. That's not the right way to go. Hating a fellow American because he or she is more successful than you will only lead to more hate & violence in this country. I really do hope more Americans turn to God in the future. God Bless and have a good day.

Anyone who would compare Sharpton to Hitler is just well a moron and a major pile of shit.

you are incapable of comprehension it appears, its not hard, try reading what I said slowly, maybe 3 times, you'll get it.

Fox News covers various angles of all issues. You chose only that one angle to focus on. But that's ok with me. That's how you feel. I was just saying how wrong it is for Politicians to promote such jealousy & bitterness towards fellow Americans. It is a deliberate 'Divide & Conquer' agenda. We don't need to turn on each other. That's not the right way to go. Hating a fellow American because he or she is more successful than you will only lead to more hate & violence in this country. I really do hope more Americans turn to God in the future. God Bless and have a good day.
Hating Americans because they are not as successful as you also leads to more hate. ;)

Telling them it is their own fault they are not rich(you buddy Cain) is just as much class warfare as anything that has been said by the OWS. Comparing people who make more, and pay more taxes to the middle class and lower middle class, and calling them makers and takers is class warfare.

you are incapable of comprehension it appears, its not hard, try reading what I said slowly, maybe 3 times, you'll get it.
Yeah, I got what you are saying. You are still a pile. ;)

And why is it we always have to turn to God?

I still think it is weird that people who support candidates who preach about small government always want America to turn to God.

I still think it is weird that people who support candidates who preach about small government always want America to turn to God.

why?

what does gov. size have to do with religion:eusa_eh:

its no different than say turning to the X/Nibiru/ELEnin Brown Dwarf Timeline dogma.....:eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Only a complete willfully ignorant, neocon/teabagger kiss ass would call inheriting the ownership of TWO newspapers as a "pretty small inheritance".

As usual, Cali-Girl doesn't know WTF she's talking about....I would suggest she do a little research on Australia's The Sunday Mail and The News circulation history...but turth and facts are toxic to folk like Cali-Girl.

My opening post stands.

Unfortunately Class Envy/Class Warfare works. The Democrats are turning American against American. It's an awful 'Divide & Conquer' strategy. Look for them to ratchet this stuff up much more as the Election draws nearer. Anything to hold on to power i guess. It's very sad.

How is pointing out the TRUTH "class warfare/class envy"? Or has the last 30 years of Reaganomics has resulted in a booming economy, infrastructure and a growing middle class and someone forgot to tell all those out of work Americans? Evidently, the bogus lie that the Fox News toadie told you was swallowed without question. That's pathetic.

For fuck's sake.

This is exactly as retarded as all the bullshit that Conservatives blame on the "liberal media".

FOX is just a company, not a conspiracy. Rupert Murdoch doesn't oversee the local FOX affiliate's morning show - the host was just sucking up to his boss. There's no "secret plot" by FOX to undermine the OWS protesters - they're in it for the money, nothing else.

Fox is owned by Murdoch, run by conservative Roger Ailes....both of whom have a staunch hard line conservative agenda that is no secret.

The protest against Wall St. has been met with an onslaught of negative speculation and anti-protest hype/exaggeration by the Fox News punditry from day one.....no "balance" in that reporting. A matter of history, a matter of fact that can be easily verified via a simple internet research of videos and such.

The host interjected his "boss" unnecessarily. There was NO NEED to do so, but there was a NEED by the host to be contrary to the guest pointing to Al Sharpton as a positive part of the protest. That he used a totally absurd comparison would ONLY fly on Fox News and the willfully ignorant loyal audience of neocon parrots and teabaggers. There is NO MONEY to be made in trying to denounce and degrade and dismiss the Wall St. occupation.

For fuck's sake, stop making excuses for Fox News!

The ows are just a bunch of spoiled kids that want great pay w/o the education or effort it takes to get it.

None of them are taking personal responsibility, just blaming Wall St.

I'd be embarrassed to have anyone in my family involved in this non-sense.

Obviously you're totally ignorant as to the make up of the people participating in the protests. They are senior citizens who got screwed out of their retirement...they are college grads who GOT the grades and are now looking at debt with NO job prospects....they are parents, spouses, long time employees who saw their jobs outsourced overseas....and ALL of them have watched Wall St. and it's banking buddies in management making out like bandits, and then bitch that they may have to give up some tax breaks and loopholes.

If I were YOU, I'd be embarassed to voice your ignorance in public.

What the hell does that bolded part mean? Anybody?

I forgot how willfully ignorant and purposely obtuse you can be, Cali-Girl. Let me dumb it down for you: Murdoch was born into the American equivalent of upper middle-class....the next best thing to being "old money". So he had ADVANTAGES from birth...he did NOT have to work his way up the ladder or beat his brains to get a scholarship. So the comparison to Sharpton as a "self made man" is a crock. Got that, bunky?

Forum List

Back