FOX stands by Laura Ingraham despite Hoggs and Media Matters efforts

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
YAY!! Excellent statement put out by FOX.

"Fox News is standing by its embattled host Laura Ingraham, who has seen advertisers flee her show over a tweet aimed at Parkland, Fla., school shooting survivor David Hogg.

"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts," Jack Abernethy, co-president of Fox News, said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. "We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."

Whoopsies here's the link:

Fox News states support for Laura Ingraham despite advertiser fallout

"Fox News is standing by its embattled host Laura Ingraham, who has seen advertisers flee her show over a tweet aimed at Parkland, Fla., school shooting survivor David Hogg.

"We cannot and will not allow voices to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts," Jack Abernethy, co-president of Fox News, said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. "We look forward to having Laura Ingraham back hosting her program next Monday when she returns from spring vacation with her children."

I no longer get Fox but still basically support them. Short of advertisers telling these creeps to go pound salt (which doesn't appear likely to happen soon), the next best thing is for an employer to stand by their employee. Until such fascist efforts stop proving effective, the little leftist commies will continue to try to silence all voices that oppose them. I suppose if one were so disposed, the good thing to do would be to contact the sponsors who DIDN'T jump on Ingraham and THANK THEM.

Great news! The great conservative Christian businessman Mike Lindell of My Pillow fame says he's also going to keep running his commercials on FOX.

So she hasn't lost enough advertisers to make her unprofitable, yet.

It looks like I’ll finally be able to sleep tonight.

Last edited:

I've already noted the advertisers who bailed. I've also already made my choice to do business elsewhere clear to those chickenshit assholes who bailed out of fear of some snot-nosed, spoiled brat.
This works both ways, and guess which of us is (and has been) earning a regular paycheck? Here's a hint: not Hogg-breath.

I've already noted the advertisers who bailed. I've also already made my choice to do business elsewhere clear to those chickenshit assholes who bailed out of fear of some snot-nosed, spoiled brat.
This works both ways, and guess which of us is (and has been) earning a regular paycheck? Here's a hint: not Hogg-breath.
How devastating for them.

When Brian Stelter of CNN makes this statement it speaks volumes about a genuine concern by many in the media. The boycott sword cuts both ways.

CNN’s Brian Stelter warns: Laura Ingraham boycott pushed by David Hogg part of ‘dangerous’ trend

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Monday, April 2, 2018

Unrelenting calls for advertisers to drop Fox News host Laura Ingraham has network competitor Brian Stelter worried.

The host of “Reliable Sources” told viewers over the weekend that a “dangerous” mindset appears to have taken root in America in which boycotts are the primary means of settling contentious issues. His comments came after Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg refused to accept her apology for mocking his college application rejections.

Mr. Hogg, 17, used Twitter and subsequent interviews to pressure advertisers into leaving “The Ingraham Angle.” Multiple companies, including pharmaceutical giant Bayer AG, acquiesced to Mr. Hogg’s calls.

“Are ad-boycotts the right answer here?” Mr. Stelterasked a panel of guests on Sunday. “I’m personally pretty wary of this. I think it’s dangerous to see these ad boycott attempts happening more and more often in this country. My view is let’s not shut down anyone’s right to speak. Let’s meet their comments with more speech. Lets try to respond that way.”

Brian Stelter, CNN host, warns Laura Ingraham boycott pushed by David Hogg part of ‘dangerous’ trend

Hardly a ringing endorsement

Ingraham is doomed

Fox still shows Hannity

All you need to know

Hardly a ringing endorsement

Ingraham is doomed
You know what happens right after they say they have "full confidence"....:71:

Periodically the left tries it's boycott of Hannity. It hasn't worked yet. The world is filled with advertisers.

How devastating for them.
Yep! Just one drop, that's all I am. But I am not the only drop.

Forum List

Back