Fox Reporter Makes Up Kerry Story, Gets Reprimanded Immediately

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
see the time and honesty difference between them and CBS? fox does it immediately, cbs takes two weeks and still tried to defend it. (fox news still spins stuff way too much for my liking on the news, but their commentary is the best you can find.)

http://www.latimes.com/news/politic...02,1,2205400.story?coll=la-elect2004-complete

THE RACE FOR THE WHITE HOUSE
Fox Posts Reporter's Kerry Spoof on Website

From a Times Staff Writer

The chief political correspondent for "Fox News" wrote a fictitious story Friday referring to Sen. John F. Kerry as a "metrosexual" who does manicures that was temporarily posted on the network's website.

In a piece titled "The Metrosexual and the Cowboy," correspondent Carl Cameron quoted Kerry as telling supporters at a rally in Tampa, Fla., "Didn't my nails and cuticles look great? What a good debate!"

At another point, Cameron quoted Kerry as saying, "I'm metrosexual — he's a cowboy." Metrosexual refers to young fashion-savvy urban men.

"Fox News" said the piece was a joke that accidentally ended up on the website for a period of time Friday. Later in the day, the website posted an editor's note apologizing for the piece.

"The item was based on a reporter's partial script that had been written in jest and should not have been posted or broadcast," the note read. "We regret the error, which occurred because of fatigue and bad judgment, not malice."

Fox spokesman Paul Schur said Cameron was "reprimanded," but would not say what discipline he faced.

"Carl Cameron made a stupid mistake and he has been reprimanded for his lapse in judgment," Schur said. "It was a poor attempt at humor and he regrets it."

The Kerry campaign declined to comment on the incident.

NATO AIR said:
see the time and honesty difference between them and CBS? fox does it immediately, cbs takes two weeks and still tried to defend it. (fox news still spins stuff way too much for my liking on the news, but their commentary is the best you can find.)

Not only that but Rather has still not stated unequivocally that the damn things were forged. And that stupid interview where the secretary was saying, "Well no, he or I didn't write this, but it is accurate anyway." What a farcical equation. Fictional but accurate? Fake but okay anyway? What was that interview about?

Talk about showing that you are not nor have you ever been a valid source of news. I will never watch another ABC news broadcast as long as that idiot works for them.

no1tovote4 said:
Not only that but Rather has still not stated unequivocally that the damn things were forged. And that stupid interview where the secretary was saying, "Well no, he or I didn't write this, but it is accurate anyway." What a farcical equation. Fictional but accurate? Fake but okay anyway? What was that interview about?

Talk about showing that you are not nor have you ever been a valid source of news. I will never watch another ABC news broadcast as long as that idiot works for them.

I'll add to that that CBS has yet to show the other side of the story. Plenty of people have come out and said the memos are not accurate, including the mans wife and son, but you would never know it by CBS.

As far as FOX and Cameron, it is pretty stupid to write something like that and put it somewhere it might accidently be put online. Yes, it does make me wonder how much of an "accident" it was that someone put it up. Anyway, as the original poster said, FOX wasted no time in apologizing, whereas CBS eventually got around to saying they were sorry...sort of...about most of what happened.

Palestinian Jew said:
Does anybody still deny that Fox leans to the right?

Too bad there aren't any unbiased news sources anymore.
Yeah, butthead! dontcha get it? Your fav sources have not only been spinning, they've been lying. Now it's been documented.

A holE! Here comes FOX, they not only have been presenting both sides, when they have a reporter spinning, they hang him out to dry. Tell Fin CBS and the cabal that spoke up in their defense! FU!

Kathianne said:
Yeah, butthead! dontcha get it? Your fav sources have not only been spinning, they've been lying. Now it's been documented.

A holE! Here comes FOX, they not only have been presenting both sides, when they have a reporter spinning, they hang him out to dry. Tell Fin CBS and the cabal that spoke up in their defense! FU!

Yeah thanks. Its great how you make the assumption that I support the left leaning organizations simply because I support Kerry. I for one am able to make up my mind not on party line or what I am spoonfed by Fox News, but thanks for the info about CBS being biased, news to me. :rolleyes:

I mainly watch Fox News just because it is more entertaining and has better production than the other cable news outlets, and from what I've seen there is a definite rightwing bias. It isn't as pronounced as CBS or NBC news, but it is still there.

For example, on their debate coverage, they showed more Kerry reaction shots than Bush's because they wanted to get Kerry looking bad and did not want to show Bush looking annoyed or aloof. Also, Greg Palkot, Hannity, Gibson, Snow, Cavuto, the Fox&Friends, that blonde whose name starts with an E, and Brit Hume all lean to the right. Those are quite a few anchors that have varying degrees of bias for one news network that claims to be biased.

Now we add to that Carl Cameron who is the person that does most of their campaign coverage, as they have even nicknamed him "Campaign Carl". So how can one trust a news source that has reporters that are inclined to support the right?

Forum List

Back