Fox reporter get smacked by prez

Why is the President of the United States arguing about what a reporter said? How undignified can a man be?

i have to admit that it's idiotic to think that any president wants gas prices to go up in an election year. but i guess when either party is desperate to regain the white house, they'll say whatever it takes.

But that's his energy policy and tha'st what he and his SecEnergy said.

if you're the president, do you want gas prices going up during an election year?

The question should be why is an election year any different than a non-election year?

Obama doesn't want the price to go up or down this year, but it will and he refuses to do anything about it, so it doesn't matter enough to him regardless what he says.

This is what you get, when this administration is trying to force an alternative to fuel that isn't there yet.
The ones that they are trying to push is too expensive, or doesn't work at all.
We will get there, but that technology is maybe 15 to 20 years away.
In the mean time we still need coal, natural gas and oil but this group refuses to see this.

i have to admit that it's idiotic to think that any president wants gas prices to go up in an election year. but i guess when either party is desperate to regain the white house, they'll say whatever it takes.

if you're the president, do you want gas prices going up during an election year?

Yes, if I am a Progressive Statist, and can pass the blame to the opposition.

If you feel you can convince the electorate that it is not your fault and there is "no silver bullet", why not?

And what is he doing?

Letting everyone know he doesnt want prices to go up but there is no silver bullet.

Yet....

if you recall...

When the last president was hounded by congress and the media to do something about it...he made some calls to Saudi Arabia and other oil produicing countries and viola! Prices went down.

But there is no silver bullet...so dont blame me......is what Obama says.

And morons believe him.

The question should be why is an election year any different than a non-election year?

Obama doesn't want the price to go up or down this year, but it will and he refuses to do anything about it, so it doesn't matter enough to him regardless what he says.

He throws and punches like a girl too. :razz:

Btw, this Iranian nuke situation is about to blow up.

Iran is getting help from Russia. Russia installed a highly sophisticated air-defense network.

Why?

Why isn't Obama telling Russia to butt-out?

Why is Obama talking about negotiating with terrorist regimes? Iran has helped kill thousands of our troops. Why negotiate with them and buy them more time? If they get a nuke it will soon end up in one of our cities. They can blackmail us simply with the threat of a nuke. They can shut down oil moving through the Straits of Hormuz. Who's gonna stop them. They've got a nuke.

Last edited:
He uses the word "folks" a lot.
He's an elitist from Chicago. He should be referring to us as his "servants."

it is his stated desire, and that of his energy secretary. Did he suddenly change his mind on January 1st?

a president would say that we are going to drill in the US, open up ANWAR, drill offshore and flood the world market with cheap oil, you bet the price would drop, overnight.

Really???? You really think we have enough supply to "flood the world market with cheap oil".

Do you have ANY links, articles, video ANYTHING to support that position?

And tell me again. Why do oil companies want to sell USA oil cheaper to US customers than to world market customers.

Only one problem there, Obama stated in the past he WANTS gas to go up to do exactly what the reporter asked, to supposedly ween us off gas. He said it in 2008 and has designed policies to increase the price of gas at the pumps in the US. With regulations preventing drilling, with regulations preventing the use of coal shale, by canceling the pipe line from Canada, with regulations to close oil and gas power stations that generate electricity.

He WANTS prices to go up, he just doesn't want to be blamed for it during an election cycle.

Sometimes if you say what you write out loud, you might decide to write something that makes sense. Try it.
He did, you are just too stupid to understand it. Like you have ever written anything that made sense.

Doesn't it seem strange that the president of the United States spends time attacking individual citizens who don't agree with him? I don't recall any other president attacking individuals the way Barry Hussein does.

You are suffering from Obama Derangement Syndrome.

I suggest seeing a doctor.

You are suffering a lack of intelligence.

I suggest seeing a school teacher.

a president would say that we are going to drill in the US, open up ANWAR, drill offshore and flood the world market with cheap oil, you bet the price would drop, overnight.

Really???? You really think we have enough supply to "flood the world market with cheap oil".

Do you have ANY links, articles, video ANYTHING to support that position?

And tell me again. Why do oil companies want to sell USA oil cheaper to US customers than to world market customers.

They don't.

Next stupid question.

Thanks to Obama's spending and his monetizing the debt it effects prices everywhere. Add to that the fact that China is consuming more and more and buying more. As our consumption goes down the price can still go up as China makes up the difference in world wide consumption.

Try again. Why will the oil companies sell oil drilled in the USA, cheaper to US customers than they could sell that oil on the world market.

You know the answer; THey won't sell it cheaper. They will make more money on that oil cause of reduced transportation cost. But cling to the idea that all we need to do is drill more here and then magically the oil companies will relent and sell gas to US customers cheaper.

Bull shit they will. And you know it.

And the idea that this is all because we monitize debt and allowed the value of the dollar to decline is not quite the entire story. But it does go well with demonizing Obama.
I didn't say it was all about monetizing the debt. That is just one of many factors. Oil prices are based on a world market. The only way that would change is if our governmet nationalized our oil industry. Maxine Waters let that cat out of the bag.

The solution is to increase the value of the dollar or nationalize domestic oil. Guess which one Obama would rather do? He'd rather take over Big Oil. This is all leading up to that.
What happens when the value of the dollar increases. Let me help answer that. Our exports become more expensive on the world markets. That won't be much help for jobs. And there is much more American produced export product than oil. You seem to be willing to let our entire export economy take a beating instead of reigning in the oil futures commidity traders.

But you have been better than most in addressing a question. But one you dodge is this; why would the oil companies sell US drilled oil cheaper than they could sell it on the world markets? Why would they do that? Simple question.

Forum List

Back