Fox renewed O’Reilly contract despite knowing of allegations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ray From Cleveland, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,942
    NEW YORK (AP) — The Fox News Channel says the company knew a news analyst planned to file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Bill O’Reilly when it renewed the popular personality’s contract in February.

The New York Times reported Saturday the company renewed the TV host’s contract after he reached a $32 million settlement with the analyst.

In a statement, 21st Century Fox defended its decision because it said he had settled the matter personally. It also said O’Reilly and the woman had agreed the financial terms would be kept confidential.

The company says O’Reilly’s new contract had added protections that allowed Fox to dismiss him if other allegations surfaced.

O’Reilly was ousted months later when it was revealed Fox had paid five women a total of $13 million to keep quiet about harassment allegations.

Fox renewed O’Reilly contract despite knowing of allegations

So it looks like the Big O will be coming back to haunt liberals. Perfect timing nearing Halloween. And if you're like me who only watched FOX for the O'Reilly show, you can look forward to watching your favorite political commentary show.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. I suspect Harvey Weinstein will be producing movies before O’Reilly is hosting a show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,296
    Is that the news analyst now in jail for filing false sexual harassment complaints?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,942
    Why would he sign a contract if he wasn't getting his show back; why would Fox make such a contract?

His show was number one for many years in cable television news. It only makes sense for them to repair the damage.

5. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,942
    That I'm not sure of. The story didn't go into that detail.

But it's times like this when I believe we need a Loser Pays All law in this country. Sue anybody you like, but if you lose the case, you are legally responsible for the financial losses of the person you tried to sue. I get so sick of famous wealthy people always settling suits out of court to just make the situation go away. It's time we started to hold these people responsible for the damage they've done to others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Reread the story, I think your timing is off. I believe they are referring to a contract he signed months ago, before he was kicked off the air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,942
    It is confusing; I had to read it several times myself. But I believe they are talking about both contracts. Here is what one paragraph said:

The New York Times reported Saturday the company renewed the TV host’s contract after he reached a $32 million settlement with the analyst.

So it seems (by this sentence) that this is something new. Saturday is today so I don't know what other Saturday they would be talking about.

8. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,595
    He settled a sexual harassment lawsuit again him.........for 32 million. Wow! The woman must of had the goods on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,595
    No, that's the contract he signed shortly before he was fired because more allegations against him became public.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Windparadox

Windparadox VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +902
    `
    `

Fox has always been a T's & A's network.