Fox reality is no longer available.

FOX reality is whatever the GOP and Tea Baggers tell them to make it.

Celebrities such as yourself come along...rarely.

The shear brilliance that you evince. I actually thought Fox was pretty good until I read the revelation in your post...thanks so much.

But you must work harder to spread the news, 'cause there are some folks who don't know what you - and now I- know, about Fox.

Check this out:
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

Read more: Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox News had its best January in the history of the network, and was the only cable news network to grow year-to-year.
FNC also had the top 13 programs on cable news in total viewers for the fifth month in a row, and the top 13 programs in the A25-54 demographic for the first time in more than five years.
• FNC grew in double digits in both total viewers and the A25-54 demographic from January 2009. In prime time, it was up 22% in total viewers and 51% in the demo. CNN was down 34% and 37% and MSNBC down 26% and 38%. In total day, FNC was up 16% and 28%. CNN was down 34% and 41% and MSNBC down 28% and 39%. Last January all networks performed while with the Inauguration coverage. This month, the big political event was Scott Brown’s victory in Massachusetts, which FNC dominated in the ratings.
• Special Report with Bret Baier/Brit Hume was #1 for the 100th consecutive month.
• Fox Report #1 for 100th consecutive month.
• Sean Hannity had his best month ever (since it launched as Hannity).
. Still Rolling: Fox News Has Its Best January Ever | Mediaite

Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O
March 30, 2010

Just-released ratings for the first quarter of 2010 show that CNN is in a precipitous free-fall, its prime-time hosts losing half their audience. Larry King, the septuagenarian who has been hosting a CNN show for 25 years, dropped from 1.34 million viewers for the first quarter of 2009 to 771,000 for the same period this year.
True, last year was all the hoopla over the inauguration of a new president. But this year saw plenty of action too--the earthquake in Haiti, the epic battle over healthcare overhaul. Ratings on MSNBC plunged too. Conservatives are hailing the ratings news as more evidence of a "liberal media death spiral."
Meanwhile Fox News, which broke records last year, continues to grow. Greta Van Susteren's show was up 25%. Bill O'Reilly, whose show commands the biggest audience in prime time with 3.65 million viewers, was up 28%. And Glenn Beck, that conspiracy-fueling tinderbox for the Right? His audience was up 50% from last year.
Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Keep up the fine work, Jimbo.

LMAO!

That is what one of the channels on my satellite TV program guide says.

Hust loving it.

Jeeze US. You can't get FOX????

You and your lady are more than welcome to come to my house and watch it. Its on there all the time. Hell. We can have beer, chips, dip and peanuts. PARTYTIME

Let me know dude???? LOL

Last edited:

Celebrities such as yourself come along...rarely.

The shear brilliance that you evince. I actually thought Fox was pretty good until I read the revelation in your post...thanks so much.

But you must work harder to spread the news, 'cause there are some folks who don't know what you - and now I- know, about Fox.

Check this out:
Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.
A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.
Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

Read more: Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox News had its best January in the history of the network, and was the only cable news network to grow year-to-year.
FNC also had the top 13 programs on cable news in total viewers for the fifth month in a row, and the top 13 programs in the A25-54 demographic for the first time in more than five years.
• FNC grew in double digits in both total viewers and the A25-54 demographic from January 2009. In prime time, it was up 22% in total viewers and 51% in the demo. CNN was down 34% and 37% and MSNBC down 26% and 38%. In total day, FNC was up 16% and 28%. CNN was down 34% and 41% and MSNBC down 28% and 39%. Last January all networks performed while with the Inauguration coverage. This month, the big political event was Scott Brown’s victory in Massachusetts, which FNC dominated in the ratings.
• Special Report with Bret Baier/Brit Hume was #1 for the 100th consecutive month.
• Fox Report #1 for 100th consecutive month.
• Sean Hannity had his best month ever (since it launched as Hannity).
. Still Rolling: Fox News Has Its Best January Ever | Mediaite

Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O
March 30, 2010

Just-released ratings for the first quarter of 2010 show that CNN is in a precipitous free-fall, its prime-time hosts losing half their audience. Larry King, the septuagenarian who has been hosting a CNN show for 25 years, dropped from 1.34 million viewers for the first quarter of 2009 to 771,000 for the same period this year.
True, last year was all the hoopla over the inauguration of a new president. But this year saw plenty of action too--the earthquake in Haiti, the epic battle over healthcare overhaul. Ratings on MSNBC plunged too. Conservatives are hailing the ratings news as more evidence of a "liberal media death spiral."
Meanwhile Fox News, which broke records last year, continues to grow. Greta Van Susteren's show was up 25%. Bill O'Reilly, whose show commands the biggest audience in prime time with 3.65 million viewers, was up 28%. And Glenn Beck, that conspiracy-fueling tinderbox for the Right? His audience was up 50% from last year.
Fox News, 1, CNN, MSNBC, White House O | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Keep up the fine work, Jimbo.

My high school valedictorian was not homecoming queen either. What's your point?

The Pew Research Center for the People and the Press has published a new study that measures the public’s knowledge of national and international news. The results are not likely to surprise anyone but Fox viewers, who come in at the bottom of the list (they probably don’t know that there is a list – or what a list is). And, although I’m not surprised to see the Daily Show/Colbert Report place high on the list, it is a bit of a jolt to see them at the very top. It would not likely shock Stephen Colbert, and not just because he would have felt it in his gut. While still with the Daily Show he explained why their audience reportedly got much of their news from the comedy program.

“Stephen Colbert, a Daily Show correspondent, has said that he doesn’t believe that viewers learn anything from the show. He contends that, if they weren’t already knowledgeable about political and social affairs, they wouldn’t get the jokes.”

That, of course, is true, and may help to explain these new statistics.

Knowledge Levels By News Source:
News Source High Mod Low
Daily Show/Colbert Report 54 25 21
Major Newspaper websites 54 26 20
News Hour w/Jim Lehrer 53 19 28
O’Reilly Factor 51 32 17
National Public Radio 50 29 21
Rush Limbaugh 50 29 21
News magazines 48 27 25
TV News websites 44 33 23
Daily newspaper 43 31 26
CNN 41 30 29
Google, Yahoo, etc. 41 35 24
Network evening news 38 33 29
Online news blogs 37 26 37
Local TV news 35 33 32
Fox News 35 30 35
Network morning shows 34 36 30

These results confirm previous studies that showed Fox viewers as being, not only the least informed, but also more likely to hold beliefs about news that were demonstrably false. You might think that the quantity and frequency of these studies would have some effect on how the rest of the media deals with Fox. They are simply not to be taken seriously. And their viewers are not an audience that is open to diverse points of view. They are too focused on their fabrications of reality.

While I have not seen a study that confirms this, I don’t believe that Fox viewers are misinformed because of Fox. I believe that they self-select the news source that comports with their prejudices. Anyone who suggests that such an audience presents an opportunity for progressives to convey an alternate view is ignoring the deep-seated, built-in biases that attract an audience to Fox in the first place. Consequently, Democrats would have absolutely nothing to gain by appearing on a Fox-sponsored debate.

The study also makes some good points in support of the position that a decentralized and diverse media universe promotes greater knowledge. The study reports that…

“people who use more news sources know more than those who use fewer sources.”

Some of this may seem obvious, but the Republican majority commissioners at the Federal Communications Commission still have to be convinced. They are presently conducting public hearings to determine whether media ownership caps should be loosened or repealed. This, despite the fact that numerous studies have agreed with the Pew Center’s conclusions. In October of 2006, the Benton Foundation released a set of studies that…

“…make clear that media consolidation does not create better, more local or more diverse media content. To the contrary, they strongly suggest that media ownership rules should be tightened not relaxed.”

And even the FCC’s own research concurred in a report that was buried, and ordered destroyed, by then FCC Chairman Michael Powell. [You can help persuade the FCC not to allow more consolidation by contacting them through the FreePress-sponsored StopBig Media campaign].

The importance of having varied and independent sources for news has never been clearer. The myopia of Fox and it’s audience is both frightening and depressing. If we ever hope to address the larger issues that face our country and our world, we will need an informed and energized citizenry. But the effect of corporate media megaliths works in diametric opposition to that goal. They are, in fact, producing a nation steeped in ignorance and division, and this study is just another nail in that coffin. Those of us who see through the veil must continue to fight for a truly free press, the keystone of democracy and the only path to true liberty.

The Pew Center has an online version of the survey that you can complete and compare your score with the rest of the survey group.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

News Corpse Daily Show/Colbert Viewers Most Informed – Fox, Not So Much

Last edited:
LMAO!

Hust loving it.

You and your lady are more than welcome to come to my house and watch it. Its on there all the time. Hell. We can have beer, chips, dip and peanuts. PARTYTIME

Let me know dude???? LOL

Fox Reality Channel is not Fox. It was a low budget 24-7 reality cable channel. It was replaced on Directv with Nat Geo Wild today...

LMAO!

Hust loving it.

Let me know dude???? LOL

Fox Reality Channel is not Fox. It was a low budget 24-7 reality cable channel. It was replaced on Directv with Nat Geo Wild today...

Fox reality Channel? That's got to be the king of all oxymoron's.

Let me know dude???? LOL

Fox reality Channel? That's got to be the king of all oxymoron's.

My thoughts exactly.

LMAO!

Hust loving it.

Let me know dude???? LOL

Thanks for the invite. I get several Fox channels, It is just that Fox Reality is no longer available. Was it ever?

LMAO!

Hust loving it.

Let me know dude???? LOL

It was a Fox channel.
I guess it was just not "Fox" enough for you?

Forum List

Back