FOX News

last night fox showed dole ahead of hagan....50 % to 47%...other networks had hagan well ahead by the same time. some with numbers as high as 60% for hagan....

fox is neither fair nor balanced...but then are any news medias?

It will be interesting to see if they grow up and change as a media outlet. Their obvious bias and their slanted news is losing viewers and in the end it is money that talks.

i dont think any of them are fair or balanced....come on...they are all slanted....i flipped between major election coverage and was appalled by it. i dont care for hologram reporters or major fancy boards that do this and how that...i want the news ..simple and direct...not accessorized...when our armed forces are in the news..they clean up the words...the men are yelling...."get the fuck down" but on the news the fuck goes away...not in canada...so why here? why are we afraid of reality? any reality?

anyone fronting money for a news network is going to want to influence the news...it can be done by selection of reporters and commentators ... you dont put bill oreilly on and expect him to be fair ..now do you...anytime you expect to learn from "talking heads" you will be disappointed...are these people there to inform you...or get ratings?

dependance of americans on "talking heads" shows how truly lazy most americans are.
it is much easier to fall at the feet of one of the "pundits" than research an issue. plus if you research the issues and the political parties reactions to issues...you will be horrified by the fact that neither party is responding to the needs of the people..

I was watching CNN but my husband (a registered, lifelong republican) was watching FOX in our den area and he came out at one point and said to me, "Boy, you should see how grim the Fox casters are reporting this....."

Now this was earlier in the night....maybe around 10pm.

So, i did not see it Ravi, but my husband did....and i do believe him....

One thing i can say though, is that if Obama had been losing, i can guarantee you those newscasters at MSNBC with their obvious slant, would have had grim faces themselves....

So, knowing the slant of FOX, I suppose it is understandable....

care

I think the opinion parts of the news are obviously slanted in all MSM but Fox tends to present 'news' that is slanted or ignores 'news' that doesn't coincide with their viewpoint. If some important event is going on in the world and you switch to them, you find the event must fit in or it is not even presented.

I was watching CNN but my husband (a registered, lifelong republican) was watching FOX in our den area and he came out at one point and said to me, "Boy, you should see how grim the Fox casters are reporting this....."

One thing i can say though, is that if Obama had been losing, i can guarantee you those newscasters at MSNBC with their obvious slant, would have had grim faces themselves....

care
I was watching around 10 as well, before the election was called but certainly when things were going south for the Repubs. They tried making a few jokes, but their faces...OMG. I almost felt for them.

:eusa_angel:

It will be interesting to see if they grow up and change as a media outlet. Their obvious bias and their slanted news is losing viewers and in the end it is money that talks.

Why do you not give the same criticism to CNN or MSNBC. Or are you so blind that you honest believe that those outlets are unbiased?

Last edited:

care

I completely agree...if it had been McCain winning MSNBC would've been painful to watch with the droopy look on Keith Olberman's face :tongue:

I wonder if Sean Hannity will make good on his promise to quit now that Obama won?

I have to admit, even as I switched between networks... Wolf Blitzer was almost unable to contain his glee. Keith Olbermann had to be taken off the air because he was too chocken up on MSNBC. Juan Williams on FOXNEWS started crying as well. Carl Rove, amazingly, was quite classy and made comments about electing obama shows the world why america is such an amazing country...

Democrats didn't win last night. Republicans didn't lose. America won.

I completely agree...if it had been McCain winning MSNBC would've been painful to watch with the droopy look on Keith Olberman's face :tongue:

I wonder if Sean Hannity will make good on his promise to quit now that Obama won?

I can't wait... t minus 3 hours for Rush Limbaugh. Let the gloating begin. :D

Anyone watch the election results on FOX last night? Such grim faces those boys had.

Come on, they weren't that bad. Rove had a smile on his face the whole time, and Kristol pretty much did as well.

It's not like they all didn't already know what the outcome was going to be. Obama had it in the bag for at least the last week or two.

Shit, Rove himself almost picked the map perfectly. I think he was off on only one state.

I will say though, Fred Barnes definitely wasn't happy about it.

Last edited:
last night fox showed dole ahead of hagan....50 % to 47%...other networks had hagan well ahead by the same time. some with numbers as high as 60% for hagan....

fox is neither fair nor balanced...but then are any news medias?

what the hell are you talkin about?

Fox declared Hagen winner over dole like 20-30 min prior to CNN

Fox is going to be mor enjoyable to watch not being they can nitpick every part of the government since it is all left...kinda like what MSNBC has done

They kept cutting to Megan Kelly is a tight skirt...

Id bet she kept that largely male auduience
from touching their 'remotes'

care

I agree. No question that if things had been reversed, MSNBC would have been pretty somber.

Forum List

Back