Fox News

Get a load of this from The Ed Schultz Show yesterday:

ANDREW NAPOLITANO, SR. JUDICIAL ANALYST, FOX NEWS: It is the height of stupidity to extend unemployment benefits. Americans need to get back to work.

I don‘t want to sound harsh, I don‘t want to demean or offend those who have had to suffer through losing a job, but the problem with unemployment benefits is they encourage people not to take jobs, and they take money from the productive sector and give it to the unproductive. As I‘ve said again and again, if you subsidize something, you‘ll get more of it. Subsidizing unemployment leads to more unemployment.

What?? Is he kidding?? :lol: That doesn't even make sense!! Most mature adults want to work and feel productive with their lives. Not to mention making a living!! It just figures this idiot works at Fox.

Try researching the outcomes of countries where they have unlimited or very long term unemployment benefits.... like the UK... where they now have families where no one has worked for three generations.

Stupid bitch.

Try researching the third world countries where unemployment insurance is all but non-existent.

Why? To what end? With all you do to turn us into a Third World Country, why do we need to even look outside? All we need to do is wait.

ANDREW NAPOLITANO, SR. JUDICIAL ANALYST, FOX NEWS: It is the height of stupidity to extend unemployment benefits. Americans need to get back to work.

I don‘t want to sound harsh, I don‘t want to demean or offend those who have had to suffer through losing a job, but the problem with unemployment benefits is they encourage people not to take jobs, and they take money from the productive sector and give it to the unproductive. As I‘ve said again and again, if you subsidize something, you‘ll get more of it. Subsidizing unemployment leads to more unemployment.

What?? Is he kidding?? :lol: That doesn't even make sense!! Most mature adults want to work and feel productive with their lives. Not to mention making a living!! It just figures this idiot works at Fox.

Try researching the outcomes of countries where they have unlimited or very long term unemployment benefits.... like the UK... where they now have families where no one has worked for three generations.

Stupid bitch.

Try not to give me advice because your view of the world and what goes on around you is seriously delusional. Not only that, I would never listen to what you have to say about anything. You are a known liar and miserable, angry bitch.. So buzz off.

He's not kidding, it's absolutely true. I personnally know people that are currently receiving unemployments benefits and some are filing in two different states and have no plans to stop until it runs out. Which looks like it will be a long, long time before that happens.

I had a young woman apply for a job and the job paid ten bucks an hour. She told me that she needed at least twelve because that's basically what she gets from unemployment insurance. I told her I could only pay ten to start but after 6 months we would revisit her salary and could possibly make adjustments. Needless to say, she declined the job and opted to stay on unemployment.

He's not kidding, it's absolutely true. I personnally know people that are currently receiving unemployments benefits and some are filing in two different states and have no plans to stop until it runs out. Which looks like it will be a long, long time before that happens.

I had a young woman apply for a job and the job paid ten bucks an hour. She told me that she needed at least twelve because that's basically what she gets from unemployment insurance. I told her I could only pay ten to start but after 6 months we would revisit her salary and could possibly make adjustments. Needless to say, she declined the job and opted to stay on unemployment.

I believe you, I really do. But there are also people that deserve help and should not be punished because of the actions of somebody else. There needs to be a new set of rules put in place that will catch and eliminate the deadbeats. Didn't Bill Clinton do that at one time?? I seem to remember something he did along those lines.

Thanks for the response, Lonestar!! It's so nice to have a normal conversation. :)

Stupid bitch.

You are the stupid bitch!!! Why don't you try learning more about your own country instead of concerning yourself with what other countries are doing?? But then, why would you care?? You don't even live in the United States. So I don't think you have any input on this topic that I would be interested in. Buzz off.

Either that, or you need to get out more. How many years of unemployment enough for you???

I don't understand your comments. However, I want to say that I never, ever collected unemployment in all the years that I was part of the work force.

Rinata, the government's own data suggest that people on UE generally do not look for jobs until right before their UE is set to expire. Therefor logic dictates that just giving open ended UE is a recipe for disaster. THat is ALL the Judge, who is a brilliant man btw, was saying.

Rinata, the government's own data suggest that people on UE generally do not look for jobs until right before their UE is set to expire. Therefor logic dictates that just giving open ended UE is a recipe for disaster. THat is ALL the Judge, who is a brilliant man btw, was saying.

If I were smart enough to figure this out, I'd run for office!! :lol: But alas, I'm not.

What I want is for people to get help when they really need it. And for the deadbeats to be weeded out and get their asses out there to try and find a job. Because I really don't understand the mentality of people that don't want to work.

And I think anybody that requires help must be able to prove that they have applied for jobs every single day and that they have been turned down. When you are out of work, looking for a job every single day IS your job.

Now that's what I want. If somebody could pull it off, I'd be happy.

I believe you, I really do. But there are also people that deserve help and should not be punished because of the actions of somebody else. There needs to be a new set of rules put in place that will catch and eliminate the deadbeats. Didn't Bill Clinton do that at one time?? I seem to remember something he did along those lines.

Thanks for the response, Lonestar!! It's so nice to have a normal conversation. :)

The only sure way to stop the abuse is to stop the practice. I'm in favor of eliminating all welfare programs.

Forum List

Back