FOX NEWS....You'll SHUT UP, EAT FECAL MATTER and LIKE IT

Jamie Oliver did a piece on this in his "Food Revolution" series. What's happening is the meat industry takes what used to be sold for pet foods, grinds it fine, and treats it with an ammonia compound. The FDA allows them to add up to 15% of it to ground beef, and still label it as hamburger. Just so you know what you're putting into your family when you buy those cheap hamburger patties at Walmart.

Personally, when I can, I'll buy whole cuts of chuck and round, grind it myself (I like a bit of fat in my burgers), and use the leftover gristle and bones for stock. I admit I often take the lazy route, and buy ground round or ground chuck. At least I still know there's no pink slime added. I can at least tell in my burgers, that I'm not getting all those tiny hard bits that I get at most fast food places.

I remember watching him show the kids what chicken nuggets looked like before they were formed. They still ate it (when he did the same thing on his British show, the kids refused to eat it after they saw what it was).

Corporate brainwashing is more endemic in the US.

And if you're a Rastafarian, you just smoke dat shit, mon!

It's been many years since I've smoked much of the shit. I'll admit to a rare reunion over the years. I still know shit when someone is selling it.

Apparently not...

0bama is selling you a load of it and you're buying it by the truckload....

No he's not. He's certainly working under shitty conditions to at least deliver his promises. Sometimes that involves dealing with bullshit.

It's been many years since I've smoked much of the shit. I'll admit to a rare reunion over the years. I still know shit when someone is selling it.

Apparently not...

0bama is selling you a load of it and you're buying it by the truckload....

No he's not. He's certainly working under shitty conditions to at least deliver his promises. Sometimes that involves dealing with bullshit.

Wow... you downed an entire 55 gallon drum of the Kool Aid huh?

:badgrin:

And all of this hoopla from a bunch of elitist from DC and New York that drink coffee made from coffee beans that were digested and pooped out by monkeys. They also eat whale eggs and pigeons for cryin out loud.

Last edited:
Only FOX NEWS actually defended that company's right to feed you shit, didn't they?

Now all you have to do is show that I did something worse.

Good luck!
Decepticon, I took nutrition and nutritional microbiology. Vegetables have as much "fecal matter" as you call it on it, and so do breads, cream desserts, and dairy products. Few foods are exempt except spices, which inhibit the growth of bacteria in most cases.

Unless you sprayed your counter with disinfectant 20 seconds ago, the next crop of fecal bacteria are already beginning to land and grow again.

"Dangerous" bugs are everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.

Since you have lived around these little unseen parasite/monsters your entire life, your very presence here tells me your immune system is still intact and fully functional.

Worrying people about the cleanliness of their food is not a good idea. If people got a good education at home, they know how to clean dishes, wash down sinks and counters and enjoy a wide variety of foods.

If Americans give up beef and other vital foods from the basic 4/basic 7 food groups, you won't win another Olympic gold medal period.

You're better off to throw out poisonous substitutes for dairy products, meat, and throw leftovers older than 3 days old away.

The report that no food in a food group is safe is a disservice to the country.

Cook foods to their nutritionally-recommended heat and time. That kills all the bacteria. Even a bubble boy can eat a healthy diet if the food is cooked and stored properly.

What do we do then fb and I love that I'm talking to a pro here...giant recall mega recall ecoli burgers that you would trust their name brands in a heart beat. President's Choice. The best. I mean the best of the best...now I know why I've done a run on immodium ad for the past year....Every pay day we bought e coli burgers high end to boot.....

seriously, what does a company do to prevent this. We're talking President's Choice, they are a most admirable company...we all got blindsided with this e coli.

What do we do? I like rare so I'm screwed from the get go :lol: I'm going to die. But apart from that, what do we do?

Cook it to death?
Never eat rare meat. If the temperature doesn't go above 155-185 inside and out, you're at risk. If it is a strange color (green or gray) or if it smells weird, odd, tainted or rotten, run, do not walk, to the door.

I hate to tell you this, tinydancer, but in Oregon a decade or two ago, a Rajhnahish and his followers took over a town in a remote area of the state. A severe food toxin sickened some people. It was traced to a spray bottle of the Rajhnaheesh's secretary-in-charge-of-business. She poisoned the city's best people so her candidates could win. She had set up a lab preserving her poisonous little friends in a medium in a jar in the fridge. She sprayed it on the salads in the local restaurant. 751 people fell ill, 50 went to the hospital.
1984 Rajneeshee bioterror attack

Tinydancer, when I hear of bio outbreaks of one food or another, I toss all I have out, fresh or frozen, and resort to other foods for 30 days.

I don't know about today's cdc, but several years ago when I was more active into public food health, they had an online place to go for recent food warnings--salmonella, etc.

In the past month, I have passed by on refrigerated fruit at a fast food chain twice (2 different locations) because the first taste told me the food had been stored over 3 days in the refrigerator and had the accompanying taste.

A little paranoia is healthy considering how some people get one food poisoning attack, and they're dead in 5 years. All it takes is one food handler with an unbandaged, open cut on his finger to deliver salmonella poisoning to a hundred people an hour.

I also look for hairnets and plastic gloves changed frequently by cooks. That's a good place to eat. If the plastic gloves stay on while counting cash and then goes back to the food without changing, that's when I head straight for the door.

Hair can harbor about 30 or 40 of the worst food pathogens.

If someone serves me milk that tastes like beer, I'm outta there, and I never go back to slobber inn. You're lucky if you live in an area of 5 or 6 small towns if you have 1 restaurant that is fastidious about food safety, presentation, and discarding stale foods. The majority of them are in it for a profit and consider stale food I wouldn't serve my dog ok to serve my family. That earns them my never, ever return award.

Last edited:
TV news loves a health scare. Think deadly Tylenol. Killer tomatoes. Mad Cow Disease. Alar in apples. And lots more. Sometimes, as with Tylenol, they are legit and important. Other times, like Alar, they are entirely bogus.

Yet every time, the template is the same. Someone gets sick and the ravenous media tear at the company or industry for not being safe.

This time, however, ABC News has turned that idea on its head in its usual quest for tabloid headlines. It’s going after a company, Beef Products, Inc., for making a product that's not only already safe, it's one we’ve all been eating for years.

But that hasn't stopped ABC and reporter Jim Avila. The network's news division has decided to declare open war on … beef. So far, they’re winning. In a series of 10 stories in just about two weeks, ABC has so demonized the company and its products that Safeway, SUPERVALU and Food Lion just stopped buying it. Ditto Kroger and Stop & Shop.

The meat, often called "lean finely textured beef, is made up of beef that is just harder to get at, so the meat isn’t lost. It’s treated to get rid of the fat and included with the rest of the ground beef. The USDA declares it healthy, but it is less expensive. As an added bonus, it is treated tiny amounts of ammonium hydroxide to make it safer to eat.

How ABC News Smeared A Stellar Company With 'pink Slime' | Fox News

And here's what an MD said about pink slime, the ingredient FOX NEWS is defending in it's "news" piece.

In a study titled "Fast food hamburgers: what are we really eating?" pathologists at the Cleveland Clinic dissected burgers from eight different fast food chains to find out what was, or wasn't, inside. Published in the Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, the paper begins with "Most consumers presume that the hamburger they eat is composed primarily of meat." But what did they find?

Similar to a previous dissection they had performed on hot dogs, the researchers discovered waste and by-products including connective tissue, nerve tissue, cartilage, bone, and in a quarter of the samples, Sarcocystis parasites. But surely these "fillers" were the minority, right? Unfortunately not. After crunching the numbers, the researchers found that the amount of actual meat (muscle flesh) in the burgers ranged from 2.1 percent to 14.8 percent. Instead of fries, perhaps fast food cashiers should be asking, "Do you want meat with that?"

In addition to reducing quality, cutting corners also tends to reduce safety, which is why the pink slime in question is injected with ammonia hydroxide: to kill the Salmonella and E. coli (read: fecal matter) that it's often contaminated with. Instead of addressing the contamination issue itself, the meat industry employs a cheap "technofix" to turn what was once considered waste into slimy profits.

So what do the meat pushers do when cheap chemicals won't do the trick, and their products leave the processing plant contaminated with fecal bacteria? Do they shut down the plant? Order a recall? No. They shift responsibility onto the consumer. "Raw meats are not idiot-proof," a USDA poultry microbiologist said. "They can be mishandled and when they are, it's like handling a hand grenade. If you pull the pin, somebody's going to get hurt." In other words, if you get sick from contaminated meat, it's your fault.

But just how often is meat contaminated? This month the CDC released their latest national meat survey in response to this question. They tested more than 5,000 samples of retail meat products straight off the shelves in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. What they found could hardly have been more disturbing: 90 percent of pork chops, ground beef and ground turkey, and 95 percent of chicken breasts, were contaminated with fecal bacteria. No wonder an Alabama poultry science professor was quoted in a meat industry journal as saying, "it's too expensive not to sell salmonella-positive chicken."
Michael Greger, M.D.: Pink Slime: All About the Green

So Fox News tells you to eat the filler treated with chemicals and filled with fecal matter and says that the chemicals used to kill the SHIT that's in it, is a BONUS.

Wow.
You guys really watch this stuff and BELIEVE what they tell you?
I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be told it's OK to eat SHIT.

Escherichia coli is not fecal matter it is a bacterium that is found in the lower intestine of every warm blooded mammal on Earth, including you. If it didn't exist you would need to take a vitamin K supplement just to survive.

Forum List

Back