FOX NEWS....You'll SHUT UP, EAT FECAL MATTER and LIKE IT

And BTW - Beef has been tainted with shit for almost 10 years now.
ABC is waaaaaaaaaaaay behind the curve.

I buy all our meat at a local butcher that guarantees all Beef/Pork/Chicken is born/breed/slaughtered within 50 miles of the store. They also guarantee no antibiotics, all grass fed beef and no hydrogen saline solutions.

If you eat beef/prk/chicken from a grocery store - you have been eating shit for years.

Anyone who thinks their food is sterile, or ever has been sterile, is deluded.

Bugs crawl ALL over your vegetables. They shit on your carrots. Bug shit all over those lettuce leaves.

Oh Lordy, how stupid can we be.

Jamie Oliver did a piece on this in his "Food Revolution" series. What's happening is the meat industry takes what used to be sold for pet foods, grinds it fine, and treats it with an ammonia compound. The FDA allows them to add up to 15% of it to ground beef, and still label it as hamburger. Just so you know what you're putting into your family when you buy those cheap hamburger patties at Walmart.

Personally, when I can, I'll buy whole cuts of chuck and round, grind it myself (I like a bit of fat in my burgers), and use the leftover gristle and bones for stock. I admit I often take the lazy route, and buy ground round or ground chuck. At least I still know there's no pink slime added. I can at least tell in my burgers, that I'm not getting all those tiny hard bits that I get at most fast food places.

Last edited:

I buy all our meat at a local butcher that guarantees all Beef/Pork/Chicken is born/breed/slaughtered within 50 miles of the store. They also guarantee no antibiotics, all grass fed beef and no hydrogen saline solutions.

If you eat beef/prk/chicken from a grocery store - you have been eating shit for years.

Bugs crawl ALL over your vegetables. They shit on your carrots. Bug shit all over those lettuce leaves.

I don't think anyone thinks it is sterile.
That is not what anyone is talking about.

So, what you're saying is that you LIKE eating shit and agree with FOX NEWS' decision to advocate for you eating shit?

I don't eat red meat anyway. The FDA advocates for you eating shit, why should Fox News be any different?

You should put a limit on your cry wolf threads. People will start to not even read them instead of making fun of you.
Well crap! If it don't affect you, then why bother right? I mean it's not like millions of Americans are eating this stuff.
Typical CON. Doesn't think we're the UNITED States. We're all in this together, moron.

Oh and if the FDA and FOX are the same, then provide the link to the FDA article where they defend the use of ammonium hydroxide to treat the shit meat and call it a "bonus"?

As for my threads, fuck you.
I'll do whatever the hell I want.

Just because you don't LIKE reading them doesn't meant that they aren't RELEVANT and SALIENT.
I've done NOTHING but show CONZ to be liars and wanting to make America eat shit. AND I've backed up my assertions with unassailable facts. Something NO CON on ANY OF MY THREADS has done. NOT ONE SUBSTANTIATED ARGUMENT or REFUTATION of my contentions. NOT ONE!

Apparently you LIKE eating shit and LIKE being LIED into war and conned out of 4 TRILLION DOLLARS, but my mama didn't raise anyone so stupid.

Questions and Answers about Ammonium Hydroxide Use in Food Production
Q: How is it used in food processing?

A: Ammonium hydroxide and other ammonia-containing compounds are used extensively in food processing. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations affirm ammonium hydroxide as safe (“generally recognized as safe” or GRAS) for use as a leavening agent, a pH control agent, and a surface-finishing agent in food with no limitation other than current good manufacturing practice. 21 C.F.R. § 184.1139. See also National Academy of Sciences, Food Chemicals Codex, 5th Ed. (2004), p. 24.

Q: Has FDA determined that use of ammonium hydroxide in food processing is safe?

A: Yes. FDA affirmed ammonium hydroxide as GRAS in 1974 after extensive review of the scientific literature and a rulemaking process. Ammonium hydroxide was one of 235 substances that were subjected to a full safety review by the Select Committee on GRAS Substances (SCOGS), an independent committee of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) that reported its findings to FDA. The SCOGS report to FDA concluded that:

“Ammonia and the ammonium ion are integral components of normal metabolic processes and play an essential role in the physiology of man…. the Select Committee concludes that: There is no evidence in the available information on…. ammonium hydroxide….. that demonstrates, or suggests reasonable grounds to suspect, a hazard to the public when [it is] used at levels that are now current or that might reasonably be expected in the future.” Select Committee on GRAS Substances (SCOGS) Review, Report No. 34, 1974.

GRAS status means that a substance is generally recognized, among experts qualified by scientific training and experience to evaluate their safety, as safe for its intended use. See generally 21 C.F.R. § 170.30.

Ammonium hydroxide is also recognized as safe by other countries’ and international food safety agencies. The Joint Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) of the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO) also recognizes ammonium hydroxide as safe for use in a wide variety of foods. Ammonium hydroxide is approved for use in food in most countries including the European Union.

Q: In what foods is ammonium hydroxide used in processing?

A: The list of foods in which ammonium hydroxide is used as a direct food additive is extensive and includes baked goods, cheeses, chocolates, other confectionery (e.g., caramel), and puddings. Ammonium hydroxide is also used as an antimicrobial agent in meat products.

Ammonia in other forms (e.g., ammonium sulfate, ammonium alginate) is used in condiments, relishes, soy protein concentrates/isolates, snack foods, jams and jellies, and non-alcoholic beverages.

The World Health Organization has listed hundreds of food types that may be processed using ammonium hydroxide when used in accordance with good manufacturing practices. These include dairy products, confections, fruits and vegetables, baked goods, breakfast cereals, eggs, fish, beverages such as sports drinks and beer, and meats.

I wash my veggies. I don't wash ground beef. I also don't make my burgers medium rare, unless I grind it and trim it myself.

Oh Jesus... another chicken little liberal.. of course only shouting that the sky is falling when it is something about Fox or Rush or the RNC or whatever...

The fact is NO food will be sterile with zero chance of any contamination... but companies have an interest NOT to want to have illegal contamination or unhealthy food.... and for the most part, most companies do better than what an average person can or will do at home...

This belongs in the rubber room

TV news loves a health scare. Think deadly Tylenol. Killer tomatoes. Mad Cow Disease. Alar in apples. And lots more. Sometimes, as with Tylenol, they are legit and important. Other times, like Alar, they are entirely bogus.

Yet every time, the template is the same. Someone gets sick and the ravenous media tear at the company or industry for not being safe.

This time, however, ABC News has turned that idea on its head in its usual quest for tabloid headlines. It’s going after a company, Beef Products, Inc., for making a product that's not only already safe, it's one we’ve all been eating for years.

But that hasn't stopped ABC and reporter Jim Avila. The network's news division has decided to declare open war on … beef. So far, they’re winning. In a series of 10 stories in just about two weeks, ABC has so demonized the company and its products that Safeway, SUPERVALU and Food Lion just stopped buying it. Ditto Kroger and Stop & Shop.

The meat, often called "lean finely textured beef, is made up of beef that is just harder to get at, so the meat isn’t lost. It’s treated to get rid of the fat and included with the rest of the ground beef. The USDA declares it healthy, but it is less expensive. As an added bonus, it is treated tiny amounts of ammonium hydroxide to make it safer to eat.

How ABC News Smeared A Stellar Company With 'pink Slime' | Fox News

And here's what an MD said about pink slime, the ingredient FOX NEWS is defending in it's "news" piece.

In a study titled "Fast food hamburgers: what are we really eating?" pathologists at the Cleveland Clinic dissected burgers from eight different fast food chains to find out what was, or wasn't, inside. Published in the Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, the paper begins with "Most consumers presume that the hamburger they eat is composed primarily of meat." But what did they find?

Similar to a previous dissection they had performed on hot dogs, the researchers discovered waste and by-products including connective tissue, nerve tissue, cartilage, bone, and in a quarter of the samples, Sarcocystis parasites. But surely these "fillers" were the minority, right? Unfortunately not. After crunching the numbers, the researchers found that the amount of actual meat (muscle flesh) in the burgers ranged from 2.1 percent to 14.8 percent. Instead of fries, perhaps fast food cashiers should be asking, "Do you want meat with that?"

In addition to reducing quality, cutting corners also tends to reduce safety, which is why the pink slime in question is injected with ammonia hydroxide: to kill the Salmonella and E. coli (read: fecal matter) that it's often contaminated with. Instead of addressing the contamination issue itself, the meat industry employs a cheap "technofix" to turn what was once considered waste into slimy profits.

So what do the meat pushers do when cheap chemicals won't do the trick, and their products leave the processing plant contaminated with fecal bacteria? Do they shut down the plant? Order a recall? No. They shift responsibility onto the consumer. "Raw meats are not idiot-proof," a USDA poultry microbiologist said. "They can be mishandled and when they are, it's like handling a hand grenade. If you pull the pin, somebody's going to get hurt." In other words, if you get sick from contaminated meat, it's your fault.

But just how often is meat contaminated? This month the CDC released their latest national meat survey in response to this question. They tested more than 5,000 samples of retail meat products straight off the shelves in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. What they found could hardly have been more disturbing: 90 percent of pork chops, ground beef and ground turkey, and 95 percent of chicken breasts, were contaminated with fecal bacteria. No wonder an Alabama poultry science professor was quoted in a meat industry journal as saying, "it's too expensive not to sell salmonella-positive chicken."
Michael Greger, M.D.: Pink Slime: All About the Green

So Fox News tells you to eat the filler treated with chemicals and filled with fecal matter and says that the chemicals used to kill the SHIT that's in it, is a BONUS.

Wow.
You guys really watch this stuff and BELIEVE what they tell you?
I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be told it's OK to eat SHIT.

We're smarter than that shit. Holy toledo.You just got this crap now?

We figured it years back :lol:

You know, depcon--you do raise an interesting point.

How many of you guys would eat this "Pink Slime" if you never had it before?

How many of you would continue eating it AFTER you were told that the government and companies have allowed it for years under a certain name?

Finally, what if it was something else that you may become upset over. Like Treated Feces intentionally used to expand the food supply? Would you eat it? If you found out that such a thing was going on for years, would you continue to eat it?

Hey, the choice is yours, right? Or was it?

You know, depcon--you do raise an interesting point.

How many of you guys would eat this "Pink Slime" if you never had it before?

How many of you would continue eating it AFTER you were told that the government and companies have allowed it for years under a certain name?

Finally, what if it was something else that you may become upset over. Like Treated Feces intentionally used to expand the food supply? Would you eat it? If you found out that such a thing was going on for years, would you continue to eat it?

Hey, the choice is yours, right? Or was it?

I have been saying to people for years to watch "FOOD, INC"
You will never eat the same again.

I wash my veggies. I don't wash ground beef. I also don't make my burgers medium rare, unless I grind it and trim it myself.

I'm doing bleach again. Sheesh here we go one more time. Having been south of Walkerton, you would understand my concerns. Yeah, Walkerton as in Ontario.

You know what though souls, let's try to figure this out and see where we can protect each other.

We're a good crew here at USMB let's help each other.

It's the CONZ!!!! CONZ!!!! CONZ!!!

Full

CONZ!!

Im waiting for rachel carson to opine......................for the good of the people and mother gaia

uninformed hysterical vigilance saves lives !!!

TV news loves a health scare. Think deadly Tylenol. Killer tomatoes. Mad Cow Disease. Alar in apples. And lots more. Sometimes, as with Tylenol, they are legit and important. Other times, like Alar, they are entirely bogus.

Yet every time, the template is the same. Someone gets sick and the ravenous media tear at the company or industry for not being safe.

This time, however, ABC News has turned that idea on its head in its usual quest for tabloid headlines. It’s going after a company, Beef Products, Inc., for making a product that's not only already safe, it's one we’ve all been eating for years.

But that hasn't stopped ABC and reporter Jim Avila. The network's news division has decided to declare open war on … beef. So far, they’re winning. In a series of 10 stories in just about two weeks, ABC has so demonized the company and its products that Safeway, SUPERVALU and Food Lion just stopped buying it. Ditto Kroger and Stop & Shop.

The meat, often called "lean finely textured beef, is made up of beef that is just harder to get at, so the meat isn’t lost. It’s treated to get rid of the fat and included with the rest of the ground beef. The USDA declares it healthy, but it is less expensive. As an added bonus, it is treated tiny amounts of ammonium hydroxide to make it safer to eat.

And here's what an MD said about pink slime, the ingredient FOX NEWS is defending in it's "news" piece.

In a study titled "Fast food hamburgers: what are we really eating?" pathologists at the Cleveland Clinic dissected burgers from eight different fast food chains to find out what was, or wasn't, inside. Published in the Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, the paper begins with "Most consumers presume that the hamburger they eat is composed primarily of meat." But what did they find?

Similar to a previous dissection they had performed on hot dogs, the researchers discovered waste and by-products including connective tissue, nerve tissue, cartilage, bone, and in a quarter of the samples, Sarcocystis parasites. But surely these "fillers" were the minority, right? Unfortunately not. After crunching the numbers, the researchers found that the amount of actual meat (muscle flesh) in the burgers ranged from 2.1 percent to 14.8 percent. Instead of fries, perhaps fast food cashiers should be asking, "Do you want meat with that?"

In addition to reducing quality, cutting corners also tends to reduce safety, which is why the pink slime in question is injected with ammonia hydroxide: to kill the Salmonella and E. coli (read: fecal matter) that it's often contaminated with. Instead of addressing the contamination issue itself, the meat industry employs a cheap "technofix" to turn what was once considered waste into slimy profits.

So what do the meat pushers do when cheap chemicals won't do the trick, and their products leave the processing plant contaminated with fecal bacteria? Do they shut down the plant? Order a recall? No. They shift responsibility onto the consumer. "Raw meats are not idiot-proof," a USDA poultry microbiologist said. "They can be mishandled and when they are, it's like handling a hand grenade. If you pull the pin, somebody's going to get hurt." In other words, if you get sick from contaminated meat, it's your fault.

But just how often is meat contaminated? This month the CDC released their latest national meat survey in response to this question. They tested more than 5,000 samples of retail meat products straight off the shelves in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. What they found could hardly have been more disturbing: 90 percent of pork chops, ground beef and ground turkey, and 95 percent of chicken breasts, were contaminated with fecal bacteria. No wonder an Alabama poultry science professor was quoted in a meat industry journal as saying, "it's too expensive not to sell salmonella-positive chicken."

So Fox News tells you to eat the filler treated with chemicals and filled with fecal matter and says that the chemicals used to kill the SHIT that's in it, is a BONUS.

Wow.

You're on a roll today asswipe! Keep on keeping' on!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now all laughing aside, I know what is in "food" yeah right.

Nothing short of terrifying. You'd be amazed and if you were a true gardener you'd be screaming your ass off.

Whoa geeze, it's scary.

thread title should be,...

Decepticon....I EAT FECAL MATTER and LIKE IT

Only FOX NEWS actually defended that company's right to feed you shit, didn't they?

Now all you have to do is show that I did something worse.

Good luck!
Decepticon, I took nutrition and nutritional microbiology. Vegetables have as much "fecal matter" as you call it on it, and so do breads, cream desserts, and dairy products. Few foods are exempt except spices, which inhibit the growth of bacteria in most cases.

Unless you sprayed your counter with disinfectant 20 seconds ago, the next crop of fecal bacteria are already beginning to land and grow again.

"Dangerous" bugs are everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.

Since you have lived around these little unseen parasite/monsters your entire life, your very presence here tells me your immune system is still intact and fully functional.

Worrying people about the cleanliness of their food is not a good idea. If people got a good education at home, they know how to clean dishes, wash down sinks and counters and enjoy a wide variety of foods.

If Americans give up beef and other vital foods from the basic 4/basic 7 food groups, you won't win another Olympic gold medal period.

You're better off to throw out poisonous substitutes for dairy products, meat, and throw leftovers older than 3 days old away.

The report that no food in a food group is safe is a disservice to the country.

Cook foods to their nutritionally-recommended heat and time. That kills all the bacteria. Even a bubble boy can eat a healthy diet if the food is cooked and stored properly.

Last edited:

Wow.

You're on a roll today asswipe! Keep on keeping' on!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Actually they got busted on water for content so they decided to up the ante on fat to make the pound weight work.

so now they are shooting fat back into the weight.

Oh Jesus... another chicken little liberal.. of course only shouting that the sky is falling when it is something about Fox or Rush or the RNC or whatever...

The fact is NO food will be sterile with zero chance of any contamination... but companies have an interest NOT to want to have illegal contamination or unhealthy food.... and for the most part, most companies do better than what an average person can or will do at home...

This belongs in the rubber room

There's a difference between sterile and safe. Do you not want the FDA to order recall of food that caused high incidence of salmonella and e-coli poisoning. As for the pink slime, it's probably safe, but I think is worthy of long term study since they're using chemical treatment of meat labeled as hamburger, but I choose not to put that into my, or my families body, no matter how cheap those Walmart frozen burgers are. Besides, they taste like shit and smell like shit. It's a good thing I didn't step in it.

Forum List

Back