FOX News vs the State Run Media

Every news center/agency is going to have bias... because they have to play to audiences.. have something that the other agencies/centers/channels do not have to get people to tune in, read, etc...

Fox is not leaning the way the CNN's, CBS's, MSNBC's, etc are... and many people can openly say that commentary wise, talk show wise, etc, Fox does lean right... But you will never get a lefty to admit the obvious leanings of their news sources (especially the likes of huffo puffo, msnbc, etc).. and that is where the problem is

Exactly.

"Lefties" who attack FOX as a source rather than a topic at hand are using a common cop-out.

So are "righties" who attack any non-FOX source as being "state run media".

It sounds like it needs to be clarified as to whether you are talking about the NEWS or the talking heads? There is a huge difference.

The NEWS is reported pretty much the same at the 3 cable news stations. The "information" that comes from the talking heads is vastly different.

I'm mostly concerned with whether there is any merit to the lefty belief that they can simply marginalize an opinion they don't like by saying someone got it off of FOX, or Beck, etc.

Is there any credibility to that?

It sounds like it needs to be clarified as to whether you are talking about the NEWS or the talking heads? There is a huge difference.

The NEWS is reported pretty much the same at the 3 cable news stations. The "information" that comes from the talking heads is vastly different.

I'm mostly concerned with whether there is any merit to the lefty belief that they can simply marginalize an opinion they don't like by saying someone got it off of FOX, or Beck, etc.

There is no credibility to that...and lefties don't do it. Fox often says things that are true. They often say things that are false. They often say things that are half truth. They often leave out information that is important. Lefties realize this are weirded out by the fact that many righties do not.

There is no credibility to that...and lefties don't do it. Fox often says things that are true. They often say things that are false. They often say things that are half truth. They often leave out information that is important. Lefties realize this are weirded out by the fact that many righties do not.

In fact the left does it constantly. Perhaps YOU don't but most others do. I started this thread because a lefty accused me of getting my information off of FOX. When i shot that down, he went to Glen Beck. I imagine he would have gone through every right wing talking head, web site, and TV news program if I'd have let him.

What you say about FOX might be true, can you give an example?

MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC all do the same; truth, lies, half truths and omissions. You don't hear a conservative trying to marginalize them by saying "You must have heard that on MSNBC".

Why is that I wonder.

In fact the left does it constantly. Perhaps YOU don't but most others do. I started this thread because a lefty accused me of getting my information off of FOX. When i shot that down, he went to Glen Beck. I imagine he would have gone through every right wing talking head, web site, and TV news program if I'd have let him.

MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC all do the same; truth, lies, half truths and omissions. You don't hear a conservative trying to marginalize them by saying "You must have heard that on MSNBC".

Why is that I wonder.

Examples? Just turn it to channel 35.

And...that last claim......ridiculous.

IMHO, you're not completely truthful there. How many times have CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and their affiliates buried stories that might show Oblamer in a bad light. Then on the other side, how many times have the above stations blown conservative views out of proportion or gone after the Tea Party? I wonder if Obama can see Russia from the steps of the White House?

Why is that I wonder.

That's the problem, the left always claims that FOX lies, but when pressed, they can never come up with anything.

And the last claim is 100% true and provable.

State run media?
Just what is that?
ABC, NBC, CBS, etc?
How are they any more or less state ran than FOX?

If you are going with liberal vs con stance well FOX was state ran during the Bush administration was it not?

State run media?
Just what is that?
ABC, NBC, CBS, etc?

Because the Obama Administration controls them to a certain degree, in some cases directly, in other cases simply by being the object of their worship.

FOX is Obama's enemy. They are the only outlet that will consistantly air something that reflects negatively on Obama.

Obama and the Democrat Party is the "state".

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
There have been too many topics started simultaneously by too many people about the most inane shit on here not to conclude there is a lot of orchestration on the part of the loonier right wing media/information networks.

Obama's 54 Christmas trees. The cost of Obama's trip to Hawaii. As if that is why our country has a $16 trillion debt, and not all that defense and entitlement spending, of which the GOP refuses to cut defense in any significant way. No, it has to be all those goddam Christmas trees.

I swear, some days it is like there are firebells mounted by the computers of some of the piss drinkers here to alert them of the latest missive to strew as quickly and widely as possible.

The past few days, it has been the "tax increase on 77 percent of all Americans". Shit, just google that and be amazed at the orchestrated dissemination.

About 22,400,000 results

And what is it that you think people should be discussing?

Why is that I wonder.

That's the problem, the left always claims that FOX lies, but when pressed, they can never come up with anything.

And the last claim is 100% true and provable.

No! It isn't that I cannot come up with something. It is that there is something every day. It isn't debatable. They do those things every day at FOX. The examples have been shown here ad nauseum.

There are blogs dedicated to this. You are either sheltered or you are willfully ignorant.
http://www.newshounds.us/

You can prove tha conservatives don't try to "marginalize" info that is cited from MSNBC? Really?

Last edited:
Once again, in a last aptain Ahab-like dying effort, a losing leftie lashed out in frustration with the claim that I get my information from FOX News. After I informed him that I don't watch FOX News, he attacked me for listening to Glenn Beck, which I informed him that I do not and I get my information from the Orlando Sentinel, USA Today, and the internet (mostly here). I have had this experience here on the USMB many times. The lefties use it as if it makes a point of some kind.

I know that at least two of the Major outlets of the State-Run Media have had to apologise publically for lying or falsifying information that they claim was news, but has FOX?

I have on occasion listened to Rush, and Neal Boortz, and Sean Hannity but it is rare because I'm usually at work during the times they are on, and although I have heard them omit details sometimes when they are making statements, I have never heard them lie.

So, I started this thread to discuss why FOX is so demonized by the left (I have my opinons on the matter) and to get to the bottom of the question of whether being accused of listening to FOX or Rush or Hannity, or Beck, is something to be concerned about or if the lefties are just trying to marginalize them because they don't like to hear the truth.
It's really very simple the majority of media in this country leans left FOX does not it leans right Fox does not follow the narrative put out by most of the other media so they must be demonized for not doing so.The sad truth is there are far to many in the country who have no interest in hearing the other side of a issue.

State run media?
Just what is that?
ABC, NBC, CBS, etc?

Because the Obama Administration controls them to a certain degree, in some cases directly, in other cases simply by being the object of their worship.

FOX is Obama's enemy. They are the only outlet that will consistantly air something that reflects negatively on Obama.

Obama and the Democrat Party is the "state".

Do you understand why this comment makes you seem crazy?

Once again, in a last aptain Ahab-like dying effort, a losing leftie lashed out in frustration with the claim that I get my information from FOX News. After I informed him that I don't watch FOX News, he attacked me for listening to Glenn Beck, which I informed him that I do not and I get my information from the Orlando Sentinel, USA Today, and the internet (mostly here). I have had this experience here on the USMB many times. The lefties use it as if it makes a point of some kind.

I know that at least two of the Major outlets of the State-Run Media have had to apologise publically for lying or falsifying information that they claim was news, but has FOX?

I have on occasion listened to Rush, and Neal Boortz, and Sean Hannity but it is rare because I'm usually at work during the times they are on, and although I have heard them omit details sometimes when they are making statements, I have never heard them lie.

So, I started this thread to discuss why FOX is so demonized by the left (I have my opinons on the matter) and to get to the bottom of the question of whether being accused of listening to FOX or Rush or Hannity, or Beck, is something to be concerned about or if the lefties are just trying to marginalize them because they don't like to hear the truth.
Because the left hates anyone for spreading the truth. They lie and blame others for their own shortcomings.

Yes, a great deal.

Forum List

Back