Fox News Vp Says Fake Attack Story Will Kill Mccain Campaign

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Fox VP: Hate crime hoax means McCain’s campaign is ‘over, forever linked to race-baiting.’»

Following the Drudge Report’s lead yesterday, news organizations picked up the story of a McCain campaign volunteer in Pittsburgh named Ashley Todd, who said that a black man mugged her, sexually assaulted her, and scratched a “B” into her cheek because she had a McCain bumper sticker on her car. The police quickly pointed out “inconsistencies” in her story. Todd has now confessed that she made up the story. On his blog yesterday, Fox News Executive VP John Moody, who is a Pittsburgh native, wrote that the incident’s credibility was inextricably tied to McCain’s campaign:

This incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.

Yesterday, before Todd had confessed, the McCain campaign put out a statement about the incident, saying, “We’re shaken up by this. It’s sick and disgusting.”

Think Progress Fox VP: Hate crime hoax means McCain’s campaign is ‘over, forever linked to race-baiting.’

This has nothing to do with McCain's campaign. If he loses, it's because he's already behind for all kinds of reasons.

I don't believe in guilt by association. So, unless you can show that she was somehow coerced by the campaign to do this or did it at the behest of the campaign, it's a non-starter. And I don't for a second believe the campaign had her do it or knew she was going to.

Let's keep to real issues.

This has nothing to do with McCain's campaign. If he loses, it's because he's already behind for all kinds of reasons.

I don't believe in guilt by association. So, unless you can show that she was somehow coerced by the campaign to do this or did it at the behest of the campaign, it's a non-starter. And I don't for a second believe the campaign had her do it or knew she was going to.

Agreed. This is simply some nutjob who probably, in her own demented way, thought she was helping the campaign.

Both parties have their fringe fruit-loop contingency, and she just happens to be on the Repub side.

Fox VP: Hate crime hoax means McCain’s campaign is ‘over, forever linked to race-baiting.’»

drudgetodd.jpgFollowing the Drudge Report’s lead yesterday, news organizations picked up the story of a McCain campaign volunteer in Pittsburgh named Ashley Todd, who said that a black man mugged her, sexually assaulted her, and scratched a “B” into her cheek because she had a McCain bumper sticker on her car. The police quickly pointed out “inconsistencies” in her story. Todd has now confessed that she made up the story. On his blog yesterday, Fox News Executive VP John Moody, who is a Pittsburgh native, wrote that the incident’s credibility was inextricably tied to McCain’s campaign:

This incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.

If Ms. Todd’s allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain’s quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.

Yesterday, before Todd had confessed, the McCain campaign put out a statement about the incident, saying, “We’re shaken up by this. It’s sick and disgusting.”

Think Progress Fox VP: Hate crime hoax means McCain’s campaign is ‘over, forever linked to race-baiting.’

That's just silly.

QUOTE=Ravi;859052]FOX loses all credibility with this one.

Must be why their ratings dwarf msnbc, cnn etc etc.........:badgrin:[/QUOTE]

Lots of people read the National Enquirer as well. Doesn't mean they think its credible.

Beat me to it.

Forum List

Back