Fox news spins Ron Paul CPAC victory

They won a court case by proving its not illegal for then to lie.

What do you expect from that kind of opperation

Fox, ABC, CNN, CBS, MSNBC. If we're gonna spin, let's at least name all the parties in said law suit.... which was not about the 'right to lie'. More lies by truthmatters. :lol:

I'll be honest I don't know if this has happened with other news organizations in terms of just blatantly using the wrong clips, do you know of any?

Well FOXNews also tried inflate the size of a Tea Party rally by playing footage of a bigger rally from months before.

This sort of thing is pretty normal for them.

I am interested in seeing what some of our local FOXNews lovin' Tea Party posters have to say about THIS one.

Last edited:

I'll be honest I don't know if this has happened with other news organizations in terms of just blatantly using the wrong clips, do you know of any?

Well FOXNews also tried inflate the size of a Tea Party rally by playing footage of a bigger rally from months before.

I am interested in seeing what some of our local FOXNews lovin' Tea Party posters have to say about THIS one.

You mean the way MSNBC tried to downplay the size of the crowds?

Honestly, why can we not stop beating one organization over the head for the same shit they all do?

Fox News is still largely neocon in nature.....just look at many of their analysts. They've never liked Ron Paul. They have to deal with him because of his popularity with the common man. Doesn't mean that while dealing with him, they can't spin the message a little.....so they do.

Honestly, why can we not stop beating one organization over the head for the same shit they all do?

Will you please stop trying to deflect away from the OP?

What FOX did has nothing to do with MSNBC. Mom is not here to listen to you whine about what the other kids did.

I know you would rather this get swept under the rug but when an alleged "news" organization does something that blatantly manipulative and dishonest they need to be called out on it.

Last edited:

I respect this argument, is there video proof of MSNBC showing small crowds from an older rally or something in order to try to delegitimize the actual large crowd?

I'm not saying there isn't, just asking if you've seen the video or have it.

Wait wait wait, hold the presses, a Ron Paul supporter thinks there's a grand conspiracy, who would have thunk! :lol:

Not saying all RP supporters are troofers, but as a group they definitely composed of an overtly large percentage of troofers (probably greater than 50%)! So claiming a grand conspiracy is not out of left field for them!

Ronnie won the straw poll last time also. He won the majority of viewer votes in all the debates, yet he consistently grab 4th or 5th in every primary, not even coming in 2nd or higher in any!

Fox uses last years footage of Ron Paul's victory and use it for this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwo0Iyrh1Zk

Here is the real crowd reaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgTKHozcFLA

Wait wait wait, hold the presses, a Ron Paul supporter thinks there's a grand conspiracy, who would have thunk! :lol:

Not saying all RP supporters are troofers, but as a group they definitely composed of an overtly large percentage of troofers (probably greater than 50%)! So claiming a grand conspiracy is not out of left field for them!

Ronnie won the straw poll last time also. He won the majority of viewer votes in all the debates, yet he consistently grab 4th or 5th in every primary, not even coming in 2nd or higher in any!

Claiming a grand conspiracy?

Are you denying the OP's allegation?

Rather than breaking into hysterics, stick to the OP.

Fox news lies.

Some only care about their lies when it hurts the people they like

The Radical Paul supporters always claim there is some Republican conspiracy to get him! Just like Karl Rove not wanting Christine O'Donnel to win the primary, because he knew she would lose a Republican seat in the Senate. Same thing with Republicans and Radical Paul. They don't want him to win the primary, because they know he will be creamed by Obama in the generals!

The Radical Paul supporters always claim there is some Republican conspiracy to get him! Just like Karl Rove not wanting Christine O'Donnel to win the primary, because he knew she would lose a Republican seat in the Senate. Same thing with Republicans and Radical Paul. They don't want him to win the primary, because they know he will be creamed by Obama in the generals!

(copy and pasted, I'll give you another shot at it)

I respect this argument, is there video proof of MSNBC showing small crowds from an older rally or something in order to try to delegitimize the actual large crowd?

didn't Fox do the same thing with TP rally's?

didn't Fox do the same thing with TP rally's?

I dunno, I'll just sit here and patiently wait for a link to another news source doing this once.

I'm not even saying they have to do it as often as Fox does, just once.

I also just found where Fox used the wrong footage for a book signing. It was actually from her campaign.

Yeah I don't see how when a channel lies about a person or group that a person views favorably they find that to be a good thing.

I'm a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, if ESPN just went on and on about how great we were I wouldn't watch it for a second because I would know it was all jibberish.

Last edited:

I wonder about how our election system works. Ralph Nader was polling in the high teens but when the votes were counted he only got about 1%. Why does that happen?

How our elections are rigged. (just one example)

Last edited by a moderator:
so your bunch are just as big a liars as my bunch?

LMAO, We all lose! :beer:

Lets defund NPR so we only have liars.

We shouldn't fund any news program. Its only common sense that a organization is going to be partial to the person that is responsible for their existence.

Strange how the 2 govt funded ones seem to be the most objective and unbiased.
PBS and BBC.
ROFLMAO
you REALLY believe that?

We shouldn't fund any news program. Its only common sense that a organization is going to be partial to the person that is responsible for their existence.

PBS and BBC.
ROFLMAO
you REALLY believe that?

and there's this, :eusa_shhh:

They're only trying to help!

Public Broadcasting Execs to MoveOn.org: Please, Move On

Public Broadcasting Execs to MoveOn.org: Please, Move On
In funding cuts fight, CPB, others find themselves stuck with unhelpful ally

Feb 16, 2011

- Katy Bachman

With friends like MoveOn.org, public broadcasters don’t need enemies. But they’ve got plenty, especially now that the Republicans who control the House of Representatives are proposing to cut off all government funding for public broadcasting.

When House Republicans put the money for public broadcasting on their list of budget cuts two weeks ago, there was barely a peep from either the right or the left. But that changed when MoveOn, a liberal organization that’s a favorite bogeyman for and target of conservatives, jumped into the fray...

so your bunch are just as big a liars as my bunch?

LMAO, We all lose! :beer:

Lets defund NPR so we only have liars.

PBS and BBC.

:rofl:

Thanks, I needed a laugh. The only reason you think the BBC is unbiased is because you have no idea what they are biased for, and against.

Biased BBC

As for NPR.

"If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.
Five news outlets — "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer," ABC's "Good Morning America," CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown," Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and the Drudge Report — were in a statistical dead heat in the race for the most centrist news outlet. Of the print media, USA Today was the most centrist.
An additional feature of the study shows how each outlet compares in political orientation with actual lawmakers. The news pages of The Wall Street Journal scored a little to the left of the average American Democrat, as determined by the average ADA score of all Democrats in Congress (85 versus 84). With scores in the mid-70s, CBS' "Evening News" and The New York Times looked similar to Sen. Joe Lieberman, D-Conn., who has an ADA score of 74.
Most of the outlets were less liberal than Lieberman but more liberal than former Sen. John Breaux, D-La. Those media outlets included the Drudge Report, ABC's "World News Tonight," NBC's "Nightly News," USA Today, NBC's "Today Show," Time magazine, U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, NPR's "Morning Edition," CBS' "Early Show" and The Washington Post.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

The real problem with judging bias is most people think they are not biased, and everyone is. One thing I particularly liked about this study is that it showed me how biased I am.

Forum List

Back