Fox News’ Shep Smith Methodically Debunks Uranium One Conspiracy Theories

Instead, it concerned American dependence on foreign uranium sources. While the United States gets one-fifth of its electrical power from nuclear plants, it produces only around 20 percent of the uranium it needs, and most plants have only 18 to 36 months of reserves." The story quotes Republican Senator John Barrasso expressing the worry that the agreement “would give the Russian government control over a sizable portion of America’s uranium production capacity.” And so it did.

Russia had been selling us uranium (from 500 tones of highly enriched uranium from decommissioned nuclear weapons) since 1993. The mines only produce 4% of our annual needs. Probably why it was determined that the sale represented no national security threat.

I have become convinced that Putin’s goal in all of this was always to get rid of Obama’s sanctions in general and the Magnitsky Act in particular. Hillary Clinton was never going to do that - ever.

Initially I thought Putin was trying to get the big oil deal that Rex Tillerson arranged back on the rails. There was some speculation that Putin was cutting Trump in for 5% which on $200 billion is a nice chunk of change, but as the facts have come out, it’s looking more and more like an effort to get rid of the Magnitsky Act which has really hamstrung the efforts of certain Russian oligarchs and Putin personally, to fleece the Russian people and launder the money they’re stealing.

Magnitsky Act - Wikipedia

Putin has stolen billions and some of it is stashed in US banks and banks in other foreign countries which have adopted Magnitsky sanctions. He stands to have those moneys seized under the Act.

While Junior’s meeting with the Russian lawyer claimed repealing Magnitsky would help Americans adopt Russian orphans, this was a smoke screen she used when lobbying for repeal of the Act. In retaliation for passage of Magnitsky, Putin banned Americans from adopting Russian orphans, but the Act itself is all about the theft of money’s from legitimate Russian businesses by government officials and their cronies, and the murder of whistle blower, Sergei Magnitsky.

Things that convinced me that Putin wanted Trump first and foremost to get rid of Magnitsky.

1. Junior’s Russian lawyer was hired by the Kremlin to get rid of Magnitsky and given an unlimited budget to get the job done.

2. The whole dog and pony show put on by the White House with Anthony Scaramucci while the American businessman whose money Putin stole, and whose lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky was murdered when he reported the theft, testified before Congress in open session. Instead of broadcasting his testimony to the American people, all of the MSM cable news stations broadcast The Mooch’s shenanigans. This, more than any other single item in this whole affair convinced me that we have a winner in the “motive” sweepstakes.

3. Jeff Sessions settled a $270 million lawsuit against the Russian lawyer’s client for money laundering quietly, for 2 cents on the dollar and no admission of guilt. The amount stolen from the American businessman in the Magnitsky Act case? $270 million. Coincidence? Perhaps.

4. Putin was said to be furious when Congress passed a bipartisan law saying that Trump could not lift any sanctions against Russia without Congressional approval. These are people who have heard all of the testimony and briefings we haven’t seen on the “Russia matter” and they voted almost unanimously for this legislation in both the House and Senate.

5. Trump’s body language around Russians. He’s relaxed, smiling and comfortable. Compare the stone faced, stiffness in his interactions around other world leaders.

If I can connect these dots, I’m pretty sure Mueller can too. If I were Jeff Sessions, I’d be shitting my pants over that money laundering settlement.

That's a great analysis. Yep, and remember Tillerson came out of nowhere - there are some crooked financial dealings going on involving that oil deal.

I think you're correct about Magnitsky being a major motivator for Das Poot. But beyond that, his objective would appear to be sowing discord and division in western democracies. He certainly succeeded in promoting tribalism wherever he's meddled. And he will continue to do so.

Things are about to get really interesting despite the "nothing-burger" claims to the contrary around these parts. And I hope you're right about Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III. He's a crooked, crafty little weasel who would look great in an orange jumpsuit. :)

MacLean’s Magazine in Canada published a piece which suggested that Putin had agreed to give a Trump 5% of the Tillerson oil contract which would be a substantial sum indeed but that explanation didn’t quite mesh. It’s not that I don’t think Donnie wouldn’t go for it. It’s that laundering that amount of money to make it look like it came from legitimate sources other than Russia would be problematic.

Trump’s 2008 sale of a Florida property to a Russian oligarch at twice the asking price raised a LOT of eyebrows at the time since prices in Florida had dropped through the floor. Imagine the outrage if something similar happened today.

I do agree that sewing mistrust and racial divisions in the west is a bonus for Putin. The distraction they create helps him go about rebuilding the Russian empire without undo interference from NATO, but his primary focus is getting rid of the Magnitsky Act Sanctions and the danger they represent to his carefully stolen billions.

Yes Sessions pale white boy complexion will look quite fetching in an orange jump suit. I’ll bet the boys will be lined up around the cell block for days for a chance at that.

For a group of people who did not collude with the Russians, the “optics” don’t look good...

Thank you for pointing out AGAIN how Democrats / Snowflakes have ZERO evidence against Trump.

After a YEAR of multiple investigations into a NON-CRIME - 'collusion' (not even a real crime), Democrats have no evidence.

Trump did not take over $100 million from the KGB Bank like Hillary did.

Trump did not take $500,000 a speech rom the KGB bank like bill did.

Trump did not take thousands of shares of Russian stocks like Hillary's campaign manager did.

Trump nor anyone he is associated worked as an un-registered foreign agent for the KGB Bank and worked for the Russian SPY Agency that hacked the DNC like fat Tony did.

IF Trump would have done any of those he would be Impeached by now and at risk of going to jail.

Snowflakes are ok with the Clinton crime syndicate doing these things, though.

Evgeny, Evgeny, Evgeny. What fools these troll farmers be. Taking down one of the most powerful people in the world takes time. It took two years to take down Nixon. It took Republicans more than 4 years to file impeachment documents against Bill Clinton.

Mueller is building his case, carefully, methodically, and relentlessly. He’s moving at a much faster clip than the Watergate Investigation.

The Clinton Crime Family. Aren’t you the guy that says we can’t call Donnie a criminal because he hasn’t been arrested or convicted. So how can you call the Clintons criminals?

Oh right, because you’re a total fucking hypocrite. That’s how.

Who was Sheppard Smiths source? What qualifies Smith to make his assertion, and what makes it any more believable then Hannity’s?

His source was the actual facts of the case

Something Hannity ignores

So it’s your implication that Sheppard Smith was there? What about his opinion piece makes it true? And while Shep Smith is more of a Hollywood weird fluff type guy, he was never a pusscake. If he believed in what he was saying he would have tripled down on all his nay sayers and critics by now. So far mum. So, where did he get his information from?

For a group of people who did not collude with the Russians, the “optics” don’t look good...

Thank you for pointing out AGAIN how Democrats / Snowflakes have ZERO evidence against Trump.

After a YEAR of multiple investigations into a NON-CRIME - 'collusion' (not even a real crime), Democrats have no evidence.

Trump did not take over $100 million from the KGB Bank like Hillary did.

Trump did not take $500,000 a speech rom the KGB bank like bill did.

Trump did not take thousands of shares of Russian stocks like Hillary's campaign manager did.

Trump nor anyone he is associated worked as an un-registered foreign agent for the KGB Bank and worked for the Russian SPY Agency that hacked the DNC like fat Tony did.

IF Trump would have done any of those he would be Impeached by now and at risk of going to jail.

Snowflakes are ok with the Clinton crime syndicate doing these things, though.

Evgeny, Evgeny, Evgeny. What fools these troll farmers be. Taking down one of the most powerful people in the world takes time. It took two years to take down Nixon. It took Republicans more than 4 years to file impeachment documents against Bill Clinton.

Mueller is building his case, carefully, methodically, and relentlessly. He’s moving at a much faster clip than the Watergate Investigation.

The Clinton Crime Family. Aren’t you the guy that says we can’t call Donnie a criminal because he hasn’t been arrested or convicted. So how can you call the Clintons criminals?

Oh right, because you’re a total fucking hypocrite. That’s how.
Surprise, surprise, another rambling personal attack and denial with zero evidence to support your claims or your denial....as opposed to, again, the overwhelming evidence against the Democrats.

Mueller has 'NOTHING'. His big reveal was 2 tax evasion charges dating back to 2009 and the fake indictment of a mole wearing a mike.

While he's DIGGING for something - anything, Democrats continue to avert their eyes from the mountain of evidence against the Clinton and Obama crime syndicates.

Meanwhile...

You're a 'broken record', snowflake, not worth my or anyone else's time.

It took Republicans more than 4 years to file impeachment documents against Bill Clinton
To IMPEACH Bill Clinton. He was IMPEACHED by the House...but saved by Senate Democrats who refused to Impeach him despite his being found in Contempt of Court for attempting to strip an American of her constitutional Right to a Fair Trial by being extremely false / deceitful in his testimony, for which he was stripped of his license to practice law in his home state of Arkansas.

(I guess Liberals hold their politicians / President to a lower standard of behavior but ensure they have a higher requirement for Impeachment in the Senate.)

It took Republicans more than 4 years to file impeachment documents against Bill Clinton
To IMPEACH Bill Clinton. He was IMPEACHED by the House...but saved by Senate Democrats who refused to Impeach him despite his being found in Contempt of Court for attempting to strip an American of her constitutional Right to a Fair Trial by being extremely false / deceitful in his testimony, for which he was stripped of his license to practice law in his home state of Arkansas.

(I guess Liberals hold their politicians / President to a lower standard of behavior but ensure they have a higher requirement for Impeachment in the Senate.)

You’re blithering Evgeny. Your post makes no sense.

It’s also laughable that you cite a lack of evidence against Trump when there’s far more evidence against the Trump campaign than there is that Hillary was involved in criminal activity. Especially, that Papadopoulos guy who plead guilty to charges of lying about his contacts with Russians on Trumps behalf.

It’s also laughable that you cite a lack of evidence against Trump when there’s far more evidence against the Trump campaign than there is that Hillary was involved in criminal activity.
Post it, liar.

I will match you 'crime-for-crime'. you post a specific law Trump violated, and I will post the specific law Hillary broke.

You CLAIM to have evidence against Trump, evidently evidence Mueller doesn't even have....because all he has is 2 tax evasion indictments dating back to 2009.

But POST YOUR EVIDENCE OF CRIMES AGAINST TRUMP....

Do it or STFU.....as you have yet to post any links, any evidence, I will be surprised if you do anything other than post your opinions and rambling personal attacks....

Forum List

Back