fox news really can't get any dumber -- suggests phasing out libraries

Fine with me if they close some libraries. It's going to be harder in this nation and economy to keep having "free" stuff.

The thing about Fox news is just more whining from moonbats. Lefties don't like freedom of speech.

Well, think about it. With the internet libraries are being used less and less. That said I see the need for them for people who can not afford the internet or a book store. I think there are plenty of other things we could trim first. Lets start with all the damn bureaucrats. Trim some fat there, and stop adding tons and tons more.

I don't see why you get so down on them. We are in a crisis of debt like never seen before. We are going to have to make some tough choices. We cant keep funding everything we fund now with out a huge increase in revenue. No matter what anyone suggests to cut, someone will be against it. That is the nature and the problem with big government, But we have to cut somewhere. At least they are talking about it.

Why stop there?

We can have as much personal freedom as the Somali have now, folks.

Just keep telling yourselves that GREED IS GOOD.
Wow you do not even read a conservatives whole post before you respond. I am against defunding libraries. I just said it was nice to see someone talking about making cuts instead of just raising taxes and spending more money we don't have.

What you people just do not get, is we can not just keep spending Trillions we do not have. We are going to have to make across the board painful cuts, or are economy has to grow a whole lot real fast. Tough decisions will have to be made sooner or later. Counting States Debts and unfunded SS and Medicare/caid obligations we are over 100 Trillion in Debt people.

WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Last edited:
Doing away with libraries will never happen....but it wouldn't surprise me if the books aren't always there.

Soon it will be a big room full of computers, I-pads and whatever else Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have up their sleeves.

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

You tried to engage in a discussion, but failed.

You started well with "Perhaps...", however you lost all credibility and showed your true colors as a partisan troll when you said "...Ovomit..."

Nuff said.

Libraries are by far one of the most valuable institutions we have today. It's essentially free information, the biggest source outside the internet. With inter-library lending systems, you can get nearly any published book you can think of. It's not just fiction and novels, it's non-fiction, biographies, autobiographies, newspaper articles, books on politics, crime, law, botany, philosophy, anything you want, from Plato to Bill Bryson.

And it's all free, no cost, except depending on how your state or town pays for them. That's up each one individually whether its taxes or what, but there's no fees or dues for all that service. Unless you return a library book late.

I wouldn't advocate closing them down in favor of the internet or anything else.

My daughter and I go to our public library at least twice a week. We get movies, CD's and of course books, for FREE! If we are late turning something in, and I have to pay a fine, I never gripe, because I know my money goes to a good cause, and it's still the best deal in town.

She asked me the other day, "Mom, why would someone want a Kindle? Why wouldn't they just go to the library and get the book there?"

There is nothing better than turning the pages on a book, even the smell of them,,,,I have had a love affair with books since I could read, and I will fight tooth and nail to keep our libraries open.

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

You started well with "Perhaps...", however you lost all credibility and showed your true colors as a partisan troll when you said "...Ovomit..."

Nuff said.

Damn you're looking VERY patriotic today X! Good job!!

Libraries are by far one of the most valuable institutions we have today. It's essentially free information, the biggest source outside the internet. With inter-library lending systems, you can get nearly any published book you can think of. It's not just fiction and novels, it's non-fiction, biographies, autobiographies, newspaper articles, books on politics, crime, law, botany, philosophy, anything you want, from Plato to Bill Bryson.

And it's all free, no cost, except depending on how your state or town pays for them. That's up each one individually whether its taxes or what, but there's no fees or dues for all that service. Unless you return a library book late.

I wouldn't advocate closing them down in favor of the internet or anything else.

My daughter and I go to our public library at least twice a week. We get movies, CD's and of course books, for FREE! If we are late turning something in, and I have to pay a fine, I never gripe, because I know my money goes to a good cause, and it's still the best deal in town.

She asked me the other day, "Mom, why would someone want a Kindle? Why wouldn't they just go to the library and get the book there?"

There is nothing better than turning the pages on a book, even the smell of them,,,,I have had a love affair with books since I could read, and I will fight tooth and nail to keep our libraries open.
smart child ;)
you should be quite proud of her

Nuff said.
actually, i agree with you
but is it any different than those that cant seem to separate a Fox local affiliate from the FNC?

Nuff said.
but is it any different than those that cant seem to separate a Fox local affiliate from the FNC?

I'd probably say it was a little different. since silly names were not used.

Nuff said.

I'd probably say it was a little different. since silly names were not used.
ok, slightly different

"one of these things is not like the other...." Ahhh...Sesame Street those were the good ol' days.

A) Dishonest thread title
B) Considering the shape we are in financially, ALL avenues must be explored.

LOL...careful, ConHog. I asked in response to blu's misleading thread title where in the article Fox "suggests phasing out libraries?" The clown didn't respond, obviously because the article doesn't say Fox suggests anything of the sort, but I did get a neg rep with the accompanying comment, learn2read.

Too funny, huh? The dimwit with no ability to comprehend what's written suggests I learn to read. Oh, well. That's part of what makes dealing with such morons fun in here.

Public libraries are the best damned excuse for civilization mankind has ever come up with.

Leave it to the KNOW-NOTHING propaganda machine to want them to end, too.

Libraries often do things unsung, too. Mine collects books for shipment to our troops in the war zones. All we have to do is drop them off, and they do all the mechanics for shipping. It also makes available a large room on the second floor for group meetings that can't afford to rent out a conference room at a hotel, etc., providing the podium and folding chairs, all for nothing. (Donations appreciated, of course.)

Public libraries are the best damned excuse for civilization mankind has ever come up with.

Leave it to the KNOW-NOTHING propaganda machine to want them to end, too.

I have a feeling a lot of those know-nothings would start missing their libraries pretty quickly if they ever got shut down in their communities because of the spending cuts they championed.

Forum List

Back