fox news really can't get any dumber -- suggests phasing out libraries

it is already happening and being cheered on by most of the country. its one of the best examples of why we need strict control on who has kids or not in this country. having poor, illiterate fuckheads spewing out 9 kids while educated people have 1 or 2 is unsustainable.

You are fucking with the democrat base now.

The comment was pure horseshit. In essence, what the moron is advocating is sterilization. Of course simply raising the bar for quality of education FOR EVERYONE never crosses his mind.

as if it matters. parents in the city don't even force their kids to go to school much less learn anything. they are beyond repair. take them out of the gene pool and rpvent them from further polluting it

The comment was pure horseshit. In essence, what the moron is advocating is sterilization. Of course simply raising the bar for quality of education FOR EVERYONE never crosses his mind.

He has some very strong progressive leaning .

Yeah, I've seen some of it. Blu strikes me as someone who goes with the flow of whatever he/she is currently banging. There's a lot of those.

if only you weren't so wrong. I have had the same gf for 4 years and actually turned her from hardcore democrat to libertarian

I am a supporter of public libraries but do not object to raising the question, my wife checks out books a grocery bag at a time while I limit myself to a couple per month. I would have liked to have seen in the article how the 2.5% of property tax that goes towards the public library system in Chicago compares to other major cities? It seems high, but that's nothing I ever checked out before. I'll have to research how that compares to the 3 library systems I use in Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert AZ.

A) Dishonest thread title
B) Considering the shape we are in financially, ALL avenues must be explored.

You are fucking with the democrat base now.

as if it matters. parents in the city don't even force their kids to go to school much less learn anything. they are beyond repair. take them out of the gene pool and rpvent them from further polluting it

So is sterilization paid for under universal health care or is it part of the cultural cleanliness program ?

So is sterilization paid for under universal health care or is it part of the cultural cleanliness program ?

it should be part of a new 'forcing personal responsibility act', people would stop being ignorant dumbfuck leeches if they knew a needle would follow their selfish destructive behaviour

Libraries are by far one of the most valuable institutions we have today. It's essentially free information, the biggest source outside the internet. With inter-library lending systems, you can get nearly any published book you can think of. It's not just fiction and novels, it's non-fiction, biographies, autobiographies, newspaper articles, books on politics, crime, law, botany, philosophy, anything you want, from Plato to Bill Bryson.

And it's all free, no cost, except depending on how your state or town pays for them. That's up each one individually whether its taxes or what, but there's no fees or dues for all that service. Unless you return a library book late.

I wouldn't advocate closing them down in favor of the internet or anything else.

Libraries are by far one of the most valuable institutions we have today. It's essentially free information, the biggest source outside the internet. With inter-library lending systems, you can get nearly any published book you can think of. It's not just fiction and novels, it's non-fiction, biographies, autobiographies, newspaper articles, books on politics, crime, law, botany, philosophy, anything you want, from Plato to Bill Bryson.

And it's all free, no cost, except depending on how your state or town pays for them. That's up each one individually whether its taxes or what, but there's no fees or dues for all that service. Unless you return a library book late.

I wouldn't advocate closing them down in favor of the internet or anything else.

Was it your impression Fox news was calling for libraries t be closed?

Was it your impression Fox news was calling for libraries t be closed?

Let's have a look see:

Are Libraries Necessary, or a Waste of Tax Money?

Updated: Friday, 02 Jul 2010, 11:43 AM CDT
Published : Monday, 28 Jun 2010, 9:53 PM CDT

By Anna Davlantes, FOX Chicago News

Update: Read the response from Chicago Public Library Commissioner Mary A. Dempsey>>

Chicago - They eat up millions of your hard earned tax dollars. It's money that could be used to keep your child's school running. So with the internet and e-books, do we really need millions for libraries?

Libraries are quiet havens for the community. They take us to other worlds. They even make us laugh. But should these institutions -- that date back to 1900 B.C. -- be on the way out?

There are 799 public libraries in Illinois. And they’re busy. People borrow more than 88 million times a year.

But keeping libraries running costs big money. In Chicago, the city pumps $120 million a year into them. In fact, a full 2.5 percent of our yearly property taxes go to fund them.

That's money that could go elsewhere – like for schools, the CTA, police or pensions

One of the nation's biggest and busiest libraries is the $144-million Harold Washington Library in the Loop. It boasts a staggering 5,000 visitors a day!.

So we decided to check it out. We used an undercover camera to see how many people used the library and what were they doing.

In an hour, we counted about 300 visitors. Most of them were using the free internet. The bookshelves? Not so much.

Sounds like they'd like the money to go elsewhere. So it's sure leaning that way.

It's also a Fox affiliate station, which any one else has actually yet to mention.

Everything is on the table. And they are talking about federal funding. Do all libraries get fed funds? I bet not.

People are going to be coming up with all kinds of programs to cut. That doesn't make them dumb.

Get used to it folks. There's no mo' money.

i didnt read it, just clicked the link. but it is not the fox cable news channel, its fox chicago.

He has some very strong progressive leaning .

Yeah, I've seen some of it. Blu strikes me as someone who goes with the flow of whatever he/she is currently banging. There's a lot of those.

if only you weren't so wrong. I have had the same gf for 4 years and actually turned her from hardcore democrat to libertarian

Does she know you support American genocide?

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

troll-1.jpg

Libraries are a crucial aid to the unemployed these days. Many people have had to drop their internet service because they lost their jobs. You can only sit in Starbucks for so long. They need the libraries to be able to stay on-line. This would be a bad time to get rid of libraries.

Forum List

Back