fox news really can't get any dumber -- suggests phasing out libraries

a stupid populace is easier to control.......~S~

You got that right. It's damned scary. If we don't start challenging our students, and bringing the quality of education back up to the standards where we can compete with other global superpowers, we're finished.

Idiocracy: Not just a movie comedy anymore. Don't think it can happen?

Idiocracy (2006) - Memorable quotes

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

please keep stupid crap like this out of my threads

From the Article said:
But keeping libraries running costs big money. In Chicago, the city pumps $120 million a year into them. In fact, a full 2.5 percent of our yearly property taxes go to fund them.

That's money that could go elsewhere – like for schools, the CTA, police or pensions

is the author not saying the money would be better spent on schools, the cta, or police?

Well, think about it. With the internet libraries are being used less and less. That said I see the need for them for people who can not afford the internet or a book store. I think there are plenty of other things we could trim first. Lets start with all the damn bureaucrats. Trim some fat there, and stop adding tons and tons more.

I don't see why you get so down on them. We are in a crisis of debt like never seen before. We are going to have to make some tough choices. We cant keep funding everything we fund now with out a huge increase in revenue. No matter what anyone suggests to cut, someone will be against it. That is the nature and the problem with big government, But we have to cut somewhere. At least they are talking about it.

phase out SS, end medicaid, stop the two wars, and close our bases around the world. get rid of dhs, doe, and a few more gov agenices and the problem is solved

Except for how to deal with all the dead bodies... Even Reagan knew he could do little about Medicare expansion, and only tweaked Social Security. If you want to close all the bases around the world, that will create a complete overload on the VA and tens of thousands of active duty soldiers will be looking for work in the private sector. There are problems inherent with just closing down ANY of the major government agencies. Some of the subagencies are what need scrutiny because many overlap.

the soldiers would be just fine staying in the military, personally I think we should pull all troops from afgh and iraq and stick them on the mexican border. there is plenty for them to do here.

and about the dead bodies, shit happens, people 40 and under should be told now that they will not be receiving medicare and to start saving. I actually wouldn't mind a much smaller version of medicare or maybe a catastrophic only version, but having the government foot your bill from 65 to death is fucking ridiuclous.

You got that right. It's damned scary. If we don't start challenging our students, and bringing the quality of education back up to the standards where we can compete with other global superpowers, we're finished.

it is already happening and being cheered on by most of the country. its one of the best examples of why we need strict control on who has kids or not in this country. having poor, illiterate fuckheads spewing out 9 kids while educated people have 1 or 2 is unsustainable.

it is already happening and being cheered on by most of the country. its one of the best examples of why we need strict control on who has kids or not in this country. having poor, illiterate fuckheads spewing out 9 kids while educated people have 1 or 2 is unsustainable.

You are fucking with the democrat base now.

There is no need to read. All you have to do is watch FOX. They will tell you what the news is and what to think about it. Oh, and how to vote, how to shop, how to breath, and how to deficate. They have it all covered!

A few of us were discussing the Fox phenomena just last night and wondering if Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes still puts out a talking points memo* every day to every right wing news outlet and media blog. The reason it came up is because whenever anyone tries to look up an original SOURCE for a "story" that has gone viral on any particular day, you must wade through at least 3 pages on Google with links to all the right wing noise machines, all saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING, before you finally come upon the straight unembellished story. The "talking points memo" was thoroughly outed in the documentary "Outfoxed" a few years back, confirmed by ex-Fox reporters. As I recall, at the time, the memo only went to Drudge, Limbaugh, and a few of the other more familiar sites, but of course that range has expanded a thousand-fold these days.

* Not to be confused with the website: Talkingpointsmemo.com.

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

Anytime you want to complain about his schedule, you can find it here every day.
The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute | POLITICO 44

Perhaps whenever Obama is in his office, he should Twitter everyone: "In my office now." An hour later, "Still in my office." An hour later, "Still in my office responding to assholes who wonder what I do all day."

As for his flying around, I'm sure you think he should be flying economy on Jet Blue or taking Greyhound, just like all the other presidents before him.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The only thing the library is used for is so homeless people can use the bathroom and grab a quick nap. ;) Lol

phase out SS, end medicaid, stop the two wars, and close our bases around the world. get rid of dhs, doe, and a few more gov agenices and the problem is solved

Except for how to deal with all the dead bodies... Even Reagan knew he could do little about Medicare expansion, and only tweaked Social Security. If you want to close all the bases around the world, that will create a complete overload on the VA and tens of thousands of active duty soldiers will be looking for work in the private sector. There are problems inherent with just closing down ANY of the major government agencies. Some of the subagencies are what need scrutiny because many overlap.

the soldiers would be just fine staying in the military, personally I think we should pull all troops from afgh and iraq and stick them on the mexican border. there is plenty for them to do here.

and about the dead bodies, shit happens, people 40 and under should be told now that they will not be receiving medicare and to start saving. I actually wouldn't mind a much smaller version of medicare or maybe a catastrophic only version, but having the government foot your bill from 65 to death is fucking ridiuclous.

You talk as though you'll never have any life event that would cause you to actually need Medicare when you're 65. Good luck with that. I have a neighbor whose prescription medication just so she can breathe would cost her $400 a month. But because she CAN breathe with it, she is still teaching GED and ESL courses at the adult learning center on a volunteer basis.

Hate to burst your phony balloon, pal, but kids from wealthy families are graduating from high school, and even college, and they CAN'T SPELL. If you can't spell, how can you read? They're so involved in their Facebook accounts, looking at crap on the Internet, and playing video games, it's a shock when they have to go out in the real world and actually earn a living.

The personal stories of people who need medication to breathe, are not an argument for Medicare.

Everyone has hardships and the government can't and shouldn't fix everything for everyone.

The comment was pure horseshit. In essence, what the moron is advocating is sterilization. Of course simply raising the bar for quality of education FOR EVERYONE never crosses his mind.

The comment was pure horseshit. In essence, what the moron is advocating is sterilization. Of course simply raising the bar for quality of education FOR EVERYONE never crosses his mind.

He has some very strong progressive leaning .

The personal stories of people who need medication to breathe, are not an argument for Medicare.

Everyone has hardships and the government can't and shouldn't fix everything for everyone.

Then what IS the argument for Medicare? Wouldn't it be swell if we all had families that took care of their elderly like they did 70 years ago, made sure they got medical attention, and were fed properly. This teacher still has something of value to offer. She's still a human being, and is entitled to the "tranquility" medicine can offer even if she is old and will die soon.

He has some very strong progressive leaning .

Yeah, I've seen some of it. Blu strikes me as someone who goes with the flow of whatever he/she is currently banging. There's a lot of those.

Forum List

Back