fox news really can't get any dumber -- suggests phasing out libraries

Well, think about it. With the internet libraries are being used less and less. That said I see the need for them for people who can not afford the internet or a book store. I think there are plenty of other things we could trim first. Lets start with all the damn bureaucrats. Trim some fat there, and stop adding tons and tons more.

I don't see why you get so down on them. We are in a crisis of debt like never seen before. We are going to have to make some tough choices. We cant keep funding everything we fund now with out a huge increase in revenue. No matter what anyone suggests to cut, someone will be against it. That is the nature and the problem with big government, But we have to cut somewhere. At least they are talking about it.

Last edited:

Well, think about it. With the internet libraries are being used less and less. That said I see the need for them for people who can not afford the internet or a book store. I think there are plenty of other things we could trim first. Lets start with all the damn bureaucrats. Trim some fat there, and stop adding tons and tons more.

I don't see why you get so down on them. We are in a crisis of debt like never seen before. We are going to have to make some tough choices. We cant keep funding everything we fund now with out a huge increase in revenue. No matter what anyone suggests to cut, someone will be against it. That is the nature and the problem with big government, But we have to cut somewhere. At least they are talking about it.

phase out SS, end medicaid, stop the two wars, and close our bases around the world. get rid of dhs, doe, and a few more gov agenices and the problem is solved

phase out SS, end medicaid, stop the two wars, and close our bases around the world. get rid of dhs, doe, and a few more gov agenices and the problem is solved

Get Rid of SS, Medicaid, Military Bases, DOE, DHS so we can have a Library are you a Moron?

Now I do agree with getting out of the wars and reducing the size of Government.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of free public libraries, but the writer makes a good point. Our local library is used by teens on the internet and a few senior citizens. They have some cool kids programs, but get very few participants. I use the library for tutoring, but can't remember the last time I checked out a book.

Obama has expanded the government 25% since taking office. Something has got to go.

I hope it's not libraries, but I don't think the article is "dumb".

I am a big fan of free public libraries, but the writer makes a good point. Our local library is used by teens on the internet and a few senior citizens. They have some cool kids programs, but get very few participants. I use the library for tutoring, but can't remember the last time I checked out a book.

Obama has expanded the government 25% since taking office. Something has got to go.

link on govt expansion of 25%?

what does gvt expansion mean? permanent jobs or expanding the military or 25% more boomers hitting retirement or are you talking about money, like a one shot stimulus in the budget?

aren't libraries a STATE /LOCAL budget? what does obama have to do WITH THAT?????

Libraries are a hard copy archive

they exist in the physical , which is more stable than ascii because they have physical proprietory , and are NOT subject to the powers that be as a mode of media

Some of you might recall that obnoxious fool Liz Cheney's desire to alter the library of Congress. She , along with her moonbat minions wished for one thing, to alter recorded history.

If she had actually owned the LOC, she might even have been granted her wish

Fortuneatly for us, 'We the People' own the LOC

we do not, however, own the internet, and if any of you have followed the net neutrality debate, it boils down to another mass media outlet with the specter of monopolization

my point?

we don't need to overtly burn the books like Hilter anymore, we can subvertly make them unpopular, just like mainstream media is doing now.

little 5th page blurbs that are headlines elsewhere outside of the monopolized realm should be enough to cue anyone with the wits God gave a walrus that history should be kept untouched by media bias

~S~

aren't libraries a STATE /LOCAL budget? what does obama have to do WITH THAT?????

because all states exist on the federal teat, and over 1/2 are in the red

of course them 'tenther's might argue it, federalizations grasp is rather hard to dodge

~S~

There is no need to read. All you have to do is watch FOX. They will tell you what the news is and what to think about it. Oh, and how to vote, how to shop, how to breath, and how to deficate. They have it all covered!

Why stop there?

We can have as much personal freedom as the Somali have now, folks.

Just keep telling yourselves that GREED IS GOOD.

Perhaps Ovomit can trim some fat by spending more time in his "office" working instead of flying around in his gas guzzling jet.

Funding libraries is mostly done locally via United Way or some other charitable drive. They do receive grant money to supplement their operations, but I think it's minimal. I suppose it's inevitable that they'll become extinct some day, but for those of us who grew up with libraries as our primary source of information from all over the globe, I hope I'm not around anymore when the last door is closed. I too only use my local library for faxing or to check out their DVD collection anymore, but whenever I'm there, I'm still drawn to one or two aisles and wish I could spend more time than I had planned. (Plus librarians are always so freakin' friendly!!)

Get Rid of SS, Medicaid, Military Bases, DOE, DHS so we can have a Library are you a Moron?

Now I do agree with getting out of the wars and reducing the size of Government.

did I say do all those to have libraries? no I said do them to reduce and eventually eliminate the debt as well as slash the government by more than half

Except for how to deal with all the dead bodies... Even Reagan knew he could do little about Medicare expansion, and only tweaked Social Security. If you want to close all the bases around the world, that will create a complete overload on the VA and tens of thousands of active duty soldiers will be looking for work in the private sector. There are problems inherent with just closing down ANY of the major government agencies. Some of the subagencies are what need scrutiny because many overlap.

Forum List

Back