Fox News Reality Check

So while Fox News and all it's affiliated punditry are hyping the anti-mosque movement in NYC and stoking the anti-muslim hysteria throughout the USA, they are strangely silent that the Second largest Shareholder of their parent company is a Saudi muslim who has funded the very same project:

Think Progress Fox Shareholder Prince Alwaleed Meets With News Corp Execs To Discuss How To ?Strengthen The Alliance?

So I'll just sit back and wait for all the folks on these threads that are against the NYC mosque, railing about sharia infilitration/takeover of the USA, etc., to turn their ire on Fox News, and ask their demi-gods of neocon punditry (Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Levin, etc.) to bite the hand that feeds them. :eusa_whistle::rolleyes:

I'm confused as to why you think this revelation will change anyone's mind? I still think putting a mosque at that site shows a lack of sensibilities towards 3000 dead Americans. And that's just the way it goes.

Exactly Willow. If someone wanted to put a firing range 2 blocks from Colombine then the liberals would be screaming about a lack of sensibilities anout those who were killed. Putting a mosque at ground zero is a very bad idea.

So while Fox News and all it's affiliated punditry are hyping the anti-mosque movement in NYC and stoking the anti-muslim hysteria throughout the USA, they are strangely silent that the Second largest Shareholder of their parent company is a Saudi muslim who has funded the very same project:

Think Progress Fox Shareholder Prince Alwaleed Meets With News Corp Execs To Discuss How To ?Strengthen The Alliance?

So I'll just sit back and wait for all the folks on these threads that are against the NYC mosque, railing about sharia infilitration/takeover of the USA, etc., to turn their ire on Fox News, and ask their demi-gods of neocon punditry (Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Levin, etc.) to bite the hand that feeds them. :eusa_whistle::rolleyes:

Doesn't this show, if your facts are accurate, that they (FNC) are not being influenced on the subject of the mosque by this large shareholder? Isn't that a good thing? Doesn't it fly in the face of commonly held precepts about investors in Fox and their influence on the handling of subjects and their reportage?

You are being too clever by half.

Okay, let me put it in terms you'll easily understand:

One of the major mantras that's been echoed by the newscasters and the pundits connected to or affiliated with FOX NEWS and parroted by protesters alike has been suspicion of who is providing funding for the construction of the cultural center that contains a mosque.....the insinuation being that Al Qaeda-like folk are doing so as a major PR/propaganda move for recruitment (a major step to take over the USA and put it under Sharia law :doubt:). This plays into the "their all muslims, so we must suspect motive" jibe.

Now, it's been revealed as a FACT that not only is the second largest investor in Fox's parent company is a Saudi, but he's also endorsed the cultural center.

So, where's all the noise? Where's Peter King, Rick Lazio, Newt Gingrich making all types of allegations and insinuations? And why no declaration or explanation from Fox News that everything is on the up and up?

See, it would be very Machievellian for the owners of Fox to stoke a controversy that they themselves are promoting on both sides of the aisle.

In other words, the protestors are being played for chumps...and all the excuses and willful ignorance won't change the facts that conclude that!

Fox news is in a quandary.

The foreign owned news organization has been very successful in dividing this country. I suspect this makes their terrorist sympathizer and Muslim owner very happy.

On the other hand, they have smeared Islam to create this division. Exposing the lurid rights true feelings about the US constitution and first amendment rights.
yeah, telling the truth about Obama is so divisive
:rolleyes:

You wouldn't know the truth if it impaled itself on your pin head.
rdean projects again

Exactly Willow. If someone wanted to put a firing range 2 blocks from Colombine then the liberals would be screaming about a lack of sensibilities anout those who were killed. Putting a mosque at ground zero is a very bad idea.

Here Walt, maybe this will help you understand what I'm saying:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/130513-fox-news-reality-check.html#post2666912

I am not against the mosque because of what fox news says. I am against it because it is a bad idea.

First off, the main construction is a cultural center open to all, giving explanations of a religion and NOT endorsing the fundamentalist extremism found in the rantings of Al Qaeda or the Taliban....it also contains a mosque to relieve the 30 some odd years of over-crowding of an old mosque 2 blocks over.

So, why is it a "bad idea"?

I'm confused as to why you think this revelation will change anyone's mind? I still think putting a mosque at that site shows a lack of sensibilities towards 3000 dead Americans. And that's just the way it goes.

Doesn't this show, if your facts are accurate, that they (FNC) are not being influenced on the subject of the mosque by this large shareholder? Isn't that a good thing? Doesn't it fly in the face of commonly held precepts about investors in Fox and their influence on the handling of subjects and their reportage?

One of the major mantras that's been echoed by the newscasters and the pundits connected to or affiliated with FOX NEWS and parroted by protesters alike has been suspicion of who is providing funding for the construction of the cultural center that contains a mosque.....the insinuation being that Al Qaeda-like folk are doing so as a major PR/propaganda move for recruitment (a major step to take over the USA and put it under Sharia law :doubt:). This plays into the "their all muslims, so we must suspect motive" jibe.

Now, it's been revealed as a FACT that not only is the second largest investor in Fox's parent company is a Saudi, but he's also endorsed the cultural center.

So, where's all the noise? Where's Peter King, Rick Lazio, Newt Gingrich making all types of allegations and insinuations? And why no declaration or explanation from Fox News that everything is on the up and up?

See, it would be very Machievellian for the owners of Fox to stoke a controversy that they themselves are promoting on both sides of the aisle.

In other words, the protestors are being played for chumps...and all the excuses and willful ignorance won't change the facts that conclude that!

They all know, and it's obvious to anyone with a grain of common sense, that an investor, of whatever or any size has no influence over fox, unlike influence over a mosque in NYC by financial gifts from terrorists groups.

Your reality check fails.

Last edited:

No one is against the building of a mosque or the support thereof. They are against the planned location of said mosque. Pull you head out of your ass and pay attention.

just to let everyone know about rdean...

stupid_idiots_big.jpg

Terms I will easily understand? Typical liberal elietism. You are right no matter what and others are just not as wise as you. Bullshit.

Let me spell it out for you. I do not care who is funding it nor am I against them bulding a mosque. Putting it at ground zero is a bad idea. Your willful ignorance of those facts does not change those facts either.

What is new about people being played for chumps? You are one of them. Any one who buys into either party is a chump.

I do not care who owns fox news. I do not care for them anyway. there are many things that should be "investigated" that are far more important.

Did you call for an investigation when nbc and others showed and continue to show bias for Obama? It is the media they should not choose sides. They should report the facts. Did you call for investigation into what liberal loon owns them and why are the pushing an agenda playing the people for chumps? If you did'nt then shut up. you have your own bias trying to play people for chumps.

They all know, and it's obvious to anyone with a grain of common sense, that an investor, of whatever or any size has no influence over fox, unlike influence over a mosque in NYC by financial gifts from terrorists groups.

What fails is your understanding of how things work in the real adult world. Anyone with a HS education and who is over 21 years old has seen the documented evidence of what happens when someone either makes major investments and/or takes over a media operation....they have the opportunity to have that outlet reflect their personal viewpoints on various subjects. This is done by replacing management, editorial staff, etc., with those who are in sync with the owners/investors viewpoints. This was painfully obvious in New York City, where Rupert Murdoch's purchase of the NY Post newspaper and Fox TV stations took place years ago....and began reflecting his ultra right wing philosophy. Only a complete idiot or someone totally ignorant of business would think that the Number 2 investor in a company has no influence.

Also, YOU fail comprhend my point. That there is NO outcry of suspicion and such about information THAT FOX DID NOT READILY DISCLOSE. Also, if the second largest investor is making contributions to a situation CONTRARY to the editorial mantras of the same companies news outlets, wouldn't that strike you as a tad strange, if not contradictory?

See, your accusation about contributions from terrorist is the bushwah that the protestors and Fox punditry have been insinuating....BUT CANNOT PROVE. So my question stands...when will they hold their ownership to the same standards? Or are folk like you satisfied with being played for a chump?

No one is against the building of a mosque or the support thereof. They are against the planned location of said mosque. Pull you head out of your ass and pay attention.

Sorry bunky, but I'm not going to let you dodge the issue at hand. I've documented an issue that takes away one of the major protests by folk like you who are scrambling. Since it's obvious that you can't defend an allegation that has been used by the neocon driven Fox punditry and echoed by all the folks in the streets, you try to change the subject.

You dodge fails, because all that claptrap about "too close" and "sensibilities" fails when one sees that a mosque has been in the area 4 blocks away for about 40 years....or that the "hallowed ground" is 9 years overdue for construction of commerical businesses, or the hucksters selling T-shirts and paraphenalia right on Ground Zero, or the strip joints and such within walking distance.

So all your bluff and bluster won't cut it, bunky. If you can't deal with the issue at hand, don't waste time with the childish insults....I can listen to the grade school kids doing that to each other when they get off the bus every day.

What fails is your understanding of how things work in the real adult world. Anyone with a HS education and who is over 21 years old has seen the documented evidence of what happens when someone either makes major investments and/or takes over a media operation....they have the opportunity to have that outlet reflect their personal viewpoints on various subjects. This is done by replacing management, editorial staff, etc., with those who are in sync with the owners/investors viewpoints. This was painfully obvious in New York City, where Rupert Murdoch's purchase of the NY Post newspaper and Fox TV stations took place years ago....and began reflecting his ultra right wing philosophy. Only a complete idiot or someone totally ignorant of business would think that the Number 2 investor in a company has no influence.

Also, YOU fail comprhend my point. That there is NO outcry of suspicion and such about information THAT FOX DID NOT READILY DISCLOSE. Also, if the second largest investor is making contributions to a situation CONTRARY to the editorial mantras of the same companies news outlets, wouldn't that strike you as a tad strange, if not contradictory?

See, your accusation about contributions from terrorist is the bushwah that the protestors and Fox punditry have been insinuating....BUT CANNOT PROVE. So my question stands...when will they hold their ownership to the same standards? Or are folk like you satisfied with being played for a chump?

First off I made no such accusation. And one with a reading leve above 3rd grade would understand that. I said I was against the mosque and did not care what fox news said. I do not care where the funding is coming from. GOT THAT?????? Here is the post where I responded to Willow.

Willow Wrote:

Walt Wrote:

Now it is simple, even for you. GOT IT YET? I made NO ACCUSATION ABOUT MONEY FROM TERRORISTS. As for Bush fuck him. I did not like him either. So you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Chump.

Lay off the booze and maybe you will not get the posts you are responding to confused.

Now answer the question. Did you speak up about the media that was in the tank for Obummer? If not then as I said. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Terms I will easily understand? Typical liberal elietism. You are right no matter what and others are just not as wise as you. Bullshit.

Not at all....I'm merely responding to the FACT that YOU and American Horse obviously FAILED to comprehend what I was stating based on your agreement with what is basically an assessment that is ignorant of the Facts and logic that is derived from them. Nothing "elitist" about that....it's a simple part of discussion that any high school student should be capable of doing. I'm not always right.....but when I can back up what I say with facts and the logic derived from them, I am. Too bad for you and your like minded friends if facts and logic fail to support your beliefs and contentions...but know one said life was fair.

Let me spell it out for you. I do not care who is funding it nor am I against them bulding a mosque. Putting it at ground zero is a bad idea. Your willful ignorance of those facts does not change those facts either.

I do not care who owns fox news. I do not care for them anyway. there are many things that should be "investigated" that are far more important.

And there lies the rub.....a common pattern with neocon blowhards and parrots is that when a FACT comes to light that disproves their beliefs and mantras, they cry, "it doesn't matter". You can't admit you're wrong, you just suddenly disown the point you so ardently pushed.....which is just glaringly transparent and pathetic on your part.

Unfortunately for you, in the real world FACTS do matter. It's a FACT that a mosque has been 4 blocks away from Ground Zero for about 40 years....so all this "too close" BS is just a cover for a lot of frustrated revenge feelings coupled with general bigotry, which leads to a "guilt by association" mob mentality, as you aptly demonstrate.

What is new about people being played for chumps? You are one of them. Any one who buys into either party is a chump.

Are you insinuating that YOUR expressed beliefs and assertions here are unique and independent? Puh-LEEZE! You're just parroting the same debunked and disproven dreck that's been played in the newspapers, TV and radio from on site protestors, Fox punditry and various neocon/ultra conservative wonks.

No matter what smoke you blow, you can't disprove or discount the FACTS I put forth here or their ramifications.

Did you call for an investigation when nbc and others showed and continue to show bias for Obama? It is the media they should not choose sides. They should report the facts. Did you call for investigation into what liberal loon owns them and why are the pushing an agenda playing the people for chumps? If you did'nt then shut up. you have your own bias trying to play people for chumps.

And exactly WHO proved NBC and "others" bias for Obama? And in what context? Surely, it couldn't be the very news source that YOU just stated you don't listen to, could it? If so, then you just contradicted yourself.

Next time, get your act together before your fingers hit the keys. It makes you look less foolish....especially when you try to mock me with mimicry and get humiliated in the process.

First off I made no such accusation. And one with a reading leve above 3rd grade would understand that. I said I was against the mosque and did not care what fox news said. I do not care where the funding is coming from. GOT THAT?????? Here is the post where I responded to Willow.

Willow Wrote:

Walt Wrote:

Now it is simple, even for you. GOT IT YET? I made NO ACCUSATION ABOUT MONEY FROM TERRORISTS. As for Bush fuck him. I did not like him either. So you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Chump.

Lay off the booze and maybe you will not get the posts you are responding to confused.

Now answer the question. Did you speak up about the media that was in the tank for Obummer? If not then as I said. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And here's an excerpt of your prior response to me, "....unlike influence over a mosque in NYC by financial gifts from terrorists groups."

THAT is the allegation that has NOT been proven, Walter old bean.......THAT is what part of my response addressed.

See Walt, before you start throwing a high school hissy fit, you need to READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY....you need to learn to follow the chronology of the posts so you know what the hell it is you're going on about.....makes you look less foolish.

Bottom line: Neither YOU or Willow can refute, debunk or disprove my revelation about Fox News in regards to this cultural center/mosque construction near Ground Zero. All you two have to offer is a regurgitation of beliefs, pundit mantras and a lot of anger...which means you're talking loud, yet saying nothing.

i wonder if he owns any shares in any other network?
Kingdom Holding Company - International Investments

:eusa_whistle:
gee, some really evil investments there
still waiting for Taichiliberal to address this question

blah blah blah.
when are you going to address the question i have asked you several times?
what do you think about the princes OTHER media investments?
dang, why is taichi gonna address this?
maybe he has me on ignore, could someone please quote me so he can see what he has been avoiding

Willow Wrote:

Walt Wrote:

Chump.

And here's an excerpt of your prior response to me, "....unlike influence over a mosque in NYC by financial gifts from terrorists groups."

THAT is the allegation that has NOT been proven, Walter old bean.......THAT is what part of my response addressed.

See Walt, before you start throwing a high school hissy fit, you need to READ CAREFULLY AND COMPREHENSIVELY....you need to learn to follow the chronology of the posts so you know what the hell it is you're going on about.....makes you look less foolish.

Bottom line: Neither YOU or Willow can refute, debunk or disprove my revelation about Fox News in regards to this cultural center/mosque construction near Ground Zero. All you two have to offer is a regurgitation of beliefs, pundit mantras and a lot of anger...which means you're talking loud, yet saying nothing.

Hissy fit???????? you ARE nuts. Put down the bottle or doobie or whatever. I DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING.

I ONLY replied to Willows post and put the post and reply above. GOT IT YET. Now I will repeat, {read s l o w l y .

Chump.

DO YOU GET IT. YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE. God you are dense. Now go find the post you are referring to then MAYBE you will get it.

Hissy fit???????? you ARE nuts. Put down the bottle or doobie or whatever. I DID NOT WRITE THE FOLLOWING.

I ONLY replied to Willows post and put the post and reply above. GOT IT YET. Now I will repeat, {read s l o w l y .

Chump.

DO YOU GET IT. YOU HAVE ME CONFUSED WITH SOMEONE ELSE. God you are dense. Now go find the post you are referring to then MAYBE you will get it.

Actually, it was American Horse who made that quote:

I stand corrected and apologize.....it's hard to tell one neocon parrot from another sometimes.

Now, please explain how all three of you jokers cannot logically or factually refute, disprove, or counter the FACTS that I've put forth regarding the hypocrisy of Fox pundits against the cultural center and it's failure to disclose the identity of it's second biggest investor of the parent company. I'll wait.

Chump.

I stand corrected and apologize.....it's hard to tell one neocon parrot from another sometimes.

Now, please explain how all three of you jokers cannot logically or factually refute, disprove, or counter the FACTS that I've put forth regarding the hypocrisy of Fox pundits against the cultural center and it's failure to disclose the identity of it's second biggest investor of the parent company. I'll wait.

Look asshole. As you LEARNED I was NOT involved in that discussion. Now that you are involving me. I will first let you know----- it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open your mout and PROVE it..... Which is exactly what you did.

I think fox news is full of shit. I have not nor intend to refute anything. I have not read all the posts. So now what you got to say? Also just what have I parroted? I made a statement and said exactly why I was against the mosque. As I asked you are you going to admit the liberal media is also in the tank or just parrot what the lefty media thinks?

Chump.

Look asshole. As you LEARNED I was NOT involved in that discussion. Now that you are involving me. I will first let you know----- it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open your mout and PROVE it..... Which is exactly what you did.

I think fox news is full of shit. I have not nor intend to refute anything. I have not read all the posts. So now what you got to say? Also just what have I parroted? I made a statement and said exactly why I was against the mosque. As I asked you are you going to admit the liberal media is also in the tank or just parrot what the lefty media thinks?
and i wonder why he still hasnt answered my questions
he seems so involved in what this Saudi Prince invests in, but only when it's NewsCorp

Chump.

Walt, get the crack out of your pipe, wipe the spittle from the screen, take a breath!

Now, since I already proved with facts and logic why your "reasons" for being against the cultural center that contains a mosque are nothing more than just excuses for your frustrated vengence agains Al Qaeda mixed with prejudices against muslims in general....and since I logically responded to your opinion based rant about the "lefty" media, why are you still ranting and raving if you've already acknowledged that you didn't read everything that was pertinent and that you don't listen to Fox news? As the chronology of the posts shows, the ONLY error I've made is confusing you with another poster....to date, you can't prove ANYTHING you assert beyond repetition, supposition and conjecture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back