Fox News Poll: Voters say fight against ISIS going badly

I believe ISIS poses a real threat to this country.

What kind of threat?

Thousands Jihadists with first hand combat experience that may target the United States after they complete some of their goals in the Middle East. Does this threat seem real to you? Taking into account the fact that some of ISIS fighters have US citizenship I would not be surprised if they really return to this country after all and commit 'a couple' of bombings.

Well I think your numbers are a bit inflated but it's a very real threat. Haven't we lived with that type of sucker punch threat for decades now? I hope that Islam/Arabs can smother the sick ideology of ISIS.
Apparently many others here don’t think that they are a threat at all. How quickly we forget that we have been attacked by extremism.

I think there is a very real and ignorant view that these people have attainable goals and that they would cease hostility after they attained them. I think that is ignorant to the very core of what they are. After they gain control they will simply expand the hostility with greater resources.

We haven't seen (filmed) videos of mass executions since WW2 and there is little outrage from "no drama Obama" when ISIS marches innocent people before the cameras and shoots them or beheads them for the crime of being Christian. Not much coverage for ISIS atrocities in Africa either.. We have open borders on the South and easy access for terrorists and all we hear from the administration is apologies to foreign governments and calls for legalization of criminal entry into this Country. Barry Hussein sends a bird to Packistan and kills half a dozen people and he apologizes and claims victory. The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

The poll shows that Fox viewers are more astute and aware of foreign policy.

Fucking hilarious. Fox viewers know nothing beyond Dogpatch, USA.
The dumbest poster on USMB judging the intelligence of others...

Fucking hysterical
The truly stupid and mean spirited are those who get government help and then bitch and mock others who get the same help. Don't you agree?

ISIS? We should worry about ISIS here in the USA? We probably have more to phear from mentally ill gun nuts going postal in our schools, shopping malls, theaters, and other public places. Just shows how successful the fear mongers have been in whipping up hysteria. They got us good and afraid of Saddam and that got us into an unneccessary war. Then Ebola was going to kill us all. Now we have to fear ISIS. Just STFU already.

Until there is another serious attack on the United States by ISIS, Al-Qaeda or some other radical Islamic group the threat of radical Islam will not be taken serious. We as a nation have fallen back into the pre 9-11 mindset that radical Islam is a regional threat confined to the Middle East this ironically is the same mindset we had with OBL and Al-Qaeda in the years before the 9-11 attacks.

Oblama is still waiting for expanded powers to deal with ISIS....I guess the GOP in Congress doesn't think ISIS is a threat...

ISIS? We should worry about ISIS here in the USA? We probably have more to phear from mentally ill gun nuts going postal in our schools, shopping malls, theaters, and other public places. Just shows how successful the fear mongers have been in whipping up hysteria. They got us good and afraid of Saddam and that got us into an unneccessary war. Then Ebola was going to kill us all. Now we have to fear ISIS. Just STFU already.
What a threat is and what we should fear are not the same thing. ISIL is a clear threat. There is no reason at all to fear them.

What a threat is and what we should fear are not the same thing. ISIL is a clear threat. There is no reason at all to fear them.
True, but as a threat, they are on about the same level as getting struck by lightning.

True, but as a threat, they are on about the same level as getting struck by lightning.
That is false because it is so narrow.
You are looking at a threat posed to you specifically. Terrorism is not a threat that you generally have to worry about. As a nation however, they represent a significant threat. There is a vast difference in the threats that are posed to you as an individual and those that are posed to us as a nation.

Most voters, 81 percent, feel the Islamic extremist group ISIS poses a “real national security threat” to the United States. That includes large majorities of Republicans (92 percent), independents (81 percent) and Democrats (73 percent).

Fox News Poll Voters say fight against ISIS going badly Fox News

With 81% of voters feeling 'really uncomfortable' about ISIS and 65% believing they are more dangerous than Iran I've got a question to ask our federal authorities. What is being done to appease the US citizens and bring peace and justice to the Middle East?
The answer is nothing. Absolutely nothing. More importantly, politicians act like nothing is happening there while indeed a lot of bad things happened in the region lately. You want radical Islamists in this country? Keep waiting and they will come.
the other 19% must be pet rodents or turkeys.

Forum List

Back