FOX News Poll Shows Obama

A caveat: I write this as an unabashed supporter of Obama from early 2007 on. I did so not as a liberal, but as a conservative-minded independent appalled by the Bush administration’s record of war, debt, spending, and torture. I did not expect, or want, a messiah. I have one already, thank you very much. And there have been many times when I have disagreed with decisions Obama has made—to drop the Bowles-Simpson debt commission, to ignore the war crimes of the recent past, and to launch a war in Libya without Congress’s sanction, to cite three. But given the enormity of what he inherited, and given what he explicitly promised, it remains simply a fact that Obama has delivered in a way that the unhinged right and purist left have yet to understand or absorb. Their short-term outbursts have missed Obama’s long game—and why his reelection remains, in my view, as essential for this country’s future as his original election in 2008.

Andrew Sullivan: How Obama's Long Game Will Outsmart His Critics - The Daily Beast

Note: Sullivan mildly endorsed Kerry, or so he said.

Sullivan describes himself as a conservative and is the author of The Conservative Soul. He supports a broad range of traditional conservative positions. He favors a flat tax, limited government, privatization of social security, and opposes welfare state programs and interventionism

Andrew Sullivan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I thought Bush II horrendous, at most times. I find Obama to be FLOUNDERING; looks like I am an Independent as I was when I was younger. I voted for McCain in 2008, never thought I would again vote Republican for President. This year, I am looking at the options, none of which are appealing. That is why I will see how the actual campaign goes.

Bush had bad press, Obama has had great press.

Enough said.

I also heard that if Marco Rubio joins the race Obama loses most of the Hispanic vote.

One thing you need to keep in mind. We know who Obama will have as a running mate. phffffft

We don't know who will the GOP nominee's running mate. That makes a lot of difference.

You believe Obama will keep Biden then..? I don't think so..

Biden will be thrown under the bus, winning is important that loyalty with Obama.

...and winning is more important than the country with Democrats otherwise they wouldn't keep making excuses for his constant failures as a leader.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back