Fox "News" Parrots Lie About More People Put On Foodstamps by Obama

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
In Fact, More People Have Been "Put" On Food Stamps By Bush Than Obama

Bob Beckel: "The Largest Percentage Increase In Food Stamps Happened Not Under This President But Under George W. Bush." As co-host Bob Beckel noted on The Five, "the largest percentage increase in food stamps happened not under this president but under George W. Bush":

BECKEL: I want to say something to my friend Juan Williams who sat in here for me. That shot by Gingrich was a cheap shot. You used a lot of courage, Juan, coming up with what you did and said to Gingrich. His response that he turned into an ad now was a cheap shot. Those people who -- those yahoos that stood up in that audience and cheered that were unbelievable to me that they would do it.

And let me make one other point, Newt. If you ever want to get your facts straight, the largest percentage increase in food stamps happened not under this president but under George W. Bush. [Fox News, The Five, 1/18/12]

FactCheck.Org: Food Stamp Program "Has So Far Grown By 444,574 Fewer Recipients During Obama's Time In Office Than During Bush's." In a "fact check" of what it called "Newt's Faulty Food-Stamp Claim," FactCheck.org stated that "Gingrich strains the facts when he accuses Obama of being responsible," writing: "Newt Gingrich claims that 'more people have been put on food stamps by Barack Obama than any president in American history.' He's wrong. More were added under Bush than under Obama, according to the most recent figures." The article continued:

Fox Gets The Message: Calls Obama "The Food Stamp President" | Media Matters for America

Sounds like they're comparing Bush's 8 years to Obama's 3.

That's simply not honest.

628x471.jpg

In 2011, more than 45 million people — about one in seven Americans — received benefits from the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the most ever. Fewer than 31 million people collected the benefits about three years earlier.

Read more: Food stamp families to critics: Walk in our shoes - StamfordAdvocate

Considering the shape of the country in general ways, the economy in many specific ways, the spiraling downward and out of control of health costs, jobs and hundreds of other neglected entities within the infrastructure and well being of this nation and it's people at the time of the inauguration I'd say the Prez has done an absolutely fantastic job. Mistakes? Yes, but nothing compared with what he inherited. 3 or 8 gwb IS the greatest food stamp president of all time and all things considered will hold that distinction for decades if not centuries.

Considering the shape of the country in general ways, the economy in many specific ways, the spiraling downward and out of control of health costs, jobs and hundreds of other neglected entities within the infrastructure and well being of this nation and it's people at the time of the inauguration I'd say the Prez has done an absolutely fantastic job. Mistakes? Yes, but nothing compared with what he inherited. 3 or 8 gwb IS the greatest food stamp president of all time and all things considered will hold that distinction for decades if not centuries.
No wonder you're an Obama bootlicker. You're stupid.

'Zat all you got, dl? It must be miserable being you.

My gawd, now they are whining about someone saying food stamps participants have risen under the Obama..

Fox is of the opinion history started from scratch with Obama, a curious mental illness that seems to infect conservatives and republicans alike.

Fox is of the opinion history started from scratch with Obama, a curious mental illness that seems to infect conservatives and republicans alike.

well here's another mental illness for ya....Liberals having the opinion that everything wrong today is STILL all Bush's fault and your Dear Leader and his comrades in arms have no fault in ANYTHING..

Please!

It's no different than Obama being blamed for the TOTAL of unemployed.....when unemployment was STILL rising, in early 2009, as a result of BUSHCO's policies.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

It's the same with food-stamps......​

January 19, 2012

"It's possible that when the figures for January 2012 are available they will show that the gain under Obama has matched or exceeded the gain under Bush. But not if the short-term trend continues. The number getting food stamps declined by 43,528 in October. And the economy has improved since then.

The figures also show the rise in food stamps began before Obama took office, and accelerated as the nation plunged into the worst economic recession since the Great Depression.

The economic downturn began in December 2007. In the 12 months before Obama was sworn in, 4.4 million were added to the rolls, triple the 1.4 million added in 2007."

well here's another mental illness for ya....Liberals having the opinion that everything wrong today is STILL all Bush's fault......
....AND, if most o' you Teabaggers had (at least) an Elementary-understanding o' basic-mathematics, you'd be able to digest the economic-numbers/history that prove us correct.

:eusa_whistle:

'Zat all you got, dl? It must be miserable being you.
Not at all. I'm very happy. I'm not a perpetually-angry leftist. :lol:

What's amusing to me, Psycho...is that you seem to think "3 or 8" is about the same thing. It's 5 more years and the huge increase under Bush was the result of the recession. Four years after that, Barack Obama is still struggling to come up with a coherent strategy for job creation and the number of people on food stamps for an extended period of time is staggering. The amount of money we are spending on food stamps since Obama took office has doubled and I don't see the light at the end of that tunnel...do you?

628x471.jpg

In 2011, more than 45 million people — about one in seven Americans — received benefits from the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the most ever. Fewer than 31 million people collected the benefits about three years earlier.

It's completely honest, because Newt's claim is that more people were added. Not that people were added at a faster rate, but that the absolute number is higher.

628x471.jpg

No it was newt who made the dishonest comment.

628x471.jpg

No it was newt who made the dishonest comment.

oh waaaaaaaaaaaa, sniff

Forum List

Back