FOX news. obama 45-romney 40

That he prevailed as a Mormon in the party of fundies and evangelicals ...is a testament to the power of big money influence.

The same dynamic that spared Walker's ass in Wiscy (I.E. the 7-1 disparity in spending) will ultimately make the presidential race far closer than it should be.

Actually, if the GOP didn't have it's head so far up its ass, they'd be beating Obama by double digits.

Obama is in Carter/Bush-41 territory. Fair or not, these are not the kind of stats that get people re-elected.

Its only because the GOP has become so radical and Romney is such an awful person (and a Mormon) that this is competitive.

And I don't think Superpac money is going to change that dynamic.

True, if Huntsman was the nomination, it would be game over Obama by a longshot, but luckily the GOP isn't smart enough to elect the best candidate :D

That's kind of sillly. Huntsman was a Republican that Democrats like. But they wouldn't have supported him come November.

The real problem is the credible guys didn't run this time. Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bush, etc. all begged off, probably because they knew they'd be slimed by the MSM as "racist" for daring to challenge Obama. Better to let him have his two terms and run fresh in 2016.

In Wisconsin, Walker won because the unions were abusing the purpose of Recall. Recall should be there if you find out the Governor is burying dead hookers out behind the mansion. It shouldn't be there because, "He did things I didn't like after running on saying he'd do those things". It's not a "do-over" election.

Walker won because the GOP does what it does best by resorting to dirty tricks, voter fraud, suppression, and million and millions of out of state, right wing funds from Walker's masters like the Koch's.

I think that if you think that our democracy is that weak, we maybe shouldn't bother with democracy at all.

I think that the voters got it about right, even though I'm sympathetic to the Union position. Recall was not the place to resolve this issue. That should have been clear when the Senate Recalls largely failed the year before but the unions blundered forward with going after Walker even after the voters largely told them "no".

Too bad that the election isn't today and that polls aren't votes. Romney does need to speak up on these issues. I think once the olympics are over the political season will heat up and Romney will either make or break himself.

Why does he have to wait for the Olympics to be over?

Does anyone even still care about the Olympics?

He doesn't have to wait but I think it's about strategically spending money and resources. In my opinion the guy has had many of opportunity to at least speak up on these issues of amnesty and Supreme court rulings and hasn't taken advantage. Yeah people still care about the Olympics for some reason.

It's not that he "hasn't take advantage", it's that he's painted himself into a corner.

He has to make inroads with Hispanics to have any real chance of winning. There aren't enough angry white people left out there to fool.

But he can't speak in favor of the ruling without angering the white folks and he can't condemn it without angering hispanics.

So his best hope is the issue goes away and he can say, "Um, er, Bad Economy... er... layoffs..."

Forum List

Back