Fox News Network, Tops the World

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I was watching Bill O'Reilly monday night, (not an exact quote) he claimed that the Fox News Network was, The News of Record, and the most powerful news organization in the country and therefore the world.....:eusa_dance:

So now, not only are they the most fair and balanced but the most powerful news organization in the world? This could very well be....:eusa_think:

The New York times used to have that distinction but through loss of subscriptions, lack of readership and an ever growing dependence on yellow journalism, it has fallen from favor as a trusted news source. It's obvious, that the networks, many big city newspapers and the Obama captured cable news media still follow the New York Times lead but their not doing so well themselves.....:blahblah:

I guess Fox News should be giving a special thanks to Obama and his managed media for their due diligence of whining and hate mongering....:eusa_doh:

:party: Let's have a "That's Gonna Really Piss the Latte Liberals Off" Party.

Meh, I'm not pissed, I'm glad they are actually doing well. ;)

A few of my favorite shows are on our local Fox network.

Kitty, you aren't a latte liberal. You are a classy liberal. A rare breed indeed!

:redface: You're sweet, actually I'm a hippy liberal ... freedom of speech, freedom of protest, etc. ... and all the strange sayings that go with it, the only difference .... I shower more. :razz:

I have a feeling that I'm going to wake up this afternoon and this thread will a few pages deep.

I was watching Bill O'Reilly monday night, (not an exact quote) he claimed that the Fox News Network was, The News of Record, and the most powerful news organization in the country and therefore the world.....:eusa_dance:

So now, not only are they the most fair and balanced but the most powerful news organization in the world? This could very well be....:eusa_think:

The New York times used to have that distinction but through loss of subscriptions, lack of readership and an ever growing dependence on yellow journalism, it has fallen from favor as a trusted news source. It's obvious, that the networks, many big city newspapers and the Obama captured cable news media still follow the New York Times lead but their not doing so well themselves.....:blahblah:

I guess Fox News should be giving a special thanks to Obama and his managed media for their due diligence of whining and hate mongering....:eusa_doh:

I'm afraid Bill O'Reilly is going to find himself wrong. Again.

Let me explain.

Fox is a right-wing avowedly GOP network.

To that I'd say – President Obama is a Democrat. From that I would deduce that, although Obama is right of centre, that the right doesn't hold the White House.

As for the Congress, well, frankly who knows? Toss a coin, check the calendar, it seems that whatever way the wind blows will influence Congress. Fox has just as good a chance as anyone else I suppose. But not more of a chance.

Fox isn't taken seriously anywhere else. It's a byword for a joke in journalism.

The bloke who created it knows it but he doesn't care. He's only interested in making more money. And as long as it brings in revenue from advertising Murdoch doesn't really care. He owns the WSJ and The Times in London. He also owns The Sun the tits and bum daily in the UK that has made a mint for him over the years (the Brits still call him 'The Dirty Digger' a reference to his Australian heritage).

Murdoch isn't a fool, he knows good journalism, he created a fine (if right wing) national newspaper here in Australia in 1964. My home town was actually the home of News Ltd for many years before Rupert decided Delaware with its comfortable corporate laws was going to the the new home of the company his father founded.

Fox might be pulling in the loot but Bill should understand one thing. It's a joke to the rest of the world. Rupert Murdoch is the new P.T. Barnum and every time he checks the bottom line in the Fox accounts he winks at the shade of H.L.Mencken.

Bill, get your hand off it, it will grow by itself old son.

Let me explain.

To that I'd say – President Obama is a Democrat. From that I would deduce that, although Obama is right of centre, that the right doesn't hold the White House.

As for the Congress, well, frankly who knows? Toss a coin, check the calendar, it seems that whatever way the wind blows will influence Congress. Fox has just as good a chance as anyone else I suppose. But not more of a chance.

Fox isn't taken seriously anywhere else. It's a byword for a joke in journalism.

The bloke who created it knows it but he doesn't care. He's only interested in making more money. And as long as it brings in revenue from advertising Murdoch doesn't really care. He owns the WSJ and The Times in London. He also owns The Sun the tits and bum daily in the UK that has made a mint for him over the years (the Brits still call him 'The Dirty Digger' a reference to his Australian heritage).

Murdoch isn't a fool, he knows good journalism, he created a fine (if right wing) national newspaper here in Australia in 1964. My home town was actually the home of News Ltd for many years before Rupert decided Delaware with its comfortable corporate laws was going to the the new home of the company his father founded.

Fox might be pulling in the loot but Bill should understand one thing. It's a joke to the rest of the world. Rupert Murdoch is the new P.T. Barnum and every time he checks the bottom line in the Fox accounts he winks at the shade of H.L.Mencken.

Denial, it ain't just de river in Egypt.

Let me explain.

These old Republican talk show hosts should have left with the Bush administration and turned things over to a new generation. Maybe someone else can help revive the party.

O'Reilly and his scandal... He's one of the big reasons Fox News is a joke.

Let me explain.

Obama "right of center"?????

what you smoking today?

Let me explain.

These old Republican talk show hosts should have left with the Bush administration and turned things over to a new generation. Maybe someone else can help revive the party.

O'Reilly and his scandal... He's one of the big reasons Fox News is a joke.
Sarah, remain clueless

Your premise, or maybe it is O'Reilly's...hard to tell, is flawed.

You could say that FOX talk shows out perform other cable talk shows and you'd be correct.

But in the actual News category, the broadcast networks outperform Fox on a regular basis (it's not clear to me if Fox has an actual news broadcast).

[SIZE=+1]Spotlight: Evening news and talk[/SIZE] Network
Viewers (millions)
grey.gif
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
8.8​
grey.gif
ABC World News with Charles Gibson
7.7​
grey.gif
CBS Evening News with Katie Couric
5.9​
grey.gif

grey.gif
Cable

grey.gif
The O'Reilly Factor (Fox News)
3.4​
grey.gif
Hannity (Fox News)
2.4​
grey.gif
Special Report with Bret Baier (Fox News)
2.4​
grey.gif
The Fox Report with Shepard Smith (Fox News)
2.0​
grey.gif
On the Record with Greta van Sustern (Fox News
1.8​
grey.gif

Nielsen ratings for week of Oct. 12 - USATODAY.com

Let me explain.

Obama is right of center?? And what planet are you living on?!?!

Let me explain.

Denial, it ain't just de river in Egypt.

True enough, it's a natural human reaction to trauma.

Let me explain.

Obama "right of center"?????

what you smoking today?

I suppose it depends on where you put the centre. I agree Obama isn't on the left, but then neither is he on the lunar right. So I thought right of centre - a sort of pragmatic position for him - was about right.

Let me explain.

Obama is right of center?? And what planet are you living on?!?!

I've got Texas on the map of my planet.

I know The Alamo is in Texas.

I've been to The Alamo.

So I must be on the same planet you are on :D

Forum List

Back