Fox News Most Trusted News Source

I wonder if the Russian people felt Pravda was the most trusted news source? The Soviet Union is an ultra conservative society.

I heard Ray McGovern, a retired CIA agent whose expertise was the old Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc countries say the propaganda coming out of Fox News is at the same level as Pravda.

Most Trusted News Source

1) Fox - 28%

Its that magical 28% again

Its the same 28% that had a positive approval of George Bush till the end
Its the same 28% that think Sarah Palin would make a great President
Its the same 28% that support the Tea Party

Why is anyone surprised that Fox came out on top?

Most Trusted News Source

1) Fox - 28%

Exactly. It just goes to further prove that Republican Tea Partiers rely on FOX for their "facts".

I would love to see this poll broken up into political affiliation.. I would guarantee it's 99% or better.. those who think FOX is trustworthy align with the right-wing.

Liberals don't draw their info from once source, like the right does. We go over a vast amount of information and get the truth.

The right-wing:
001-1022100848-Fox-sheep.jpg

proof that the average IQ is 90...

wow, showing some elitist leg are we?

i just don't see much to trust in a "news" source that went to court to protect its right to lie.

besides, the truth is neither elitist nor populsit... it's just truth.

This shows how easily led some folks are, as there is absolutely no truth to the Left-wing rumor that Fox 'went to court to protect its right to lie.'

I guess it's proof of that '90 IQ' thing.

"Yet in all the claims and charges leveled directly by Akre and Wilson against the FOX affiliate across multiple venues and platforms, there is not a single mention of any "right to lie" argument allegedly offered by WTVT. They seemingly accuse the station of nearly every other sin imaginable in the world of journalism, but are completely silent on this charge."

FOX, Lies & Videotape: debunking an internet myth*»*Blog*»* Center for Competitive Politics

FOX, Lies & Videotape: debunking an internet myth » Blog »  Center for Competitive Politics

Poor baby...need a tissue to get that egg off your face?

Most Trusted News Source

1) Fox - 28%

Exactly. It just goes to further prove that Republican Tea Partiers rely on FOX for their "facts".

I would love to see this poll broken up into political affiliation.. I would guarantee it's 99% or better.. those who think FOX is trustworthy align with the right-wing.

Liberals don't draw their info from once source, like the right does. We go over a vast amount of information and get the truth.

The right-wing:

That must be why I hear the same news on msnbc as I do on cnn.

"I change the channel to hear the same information stated the same way, but from a totally different person, so I'm more informed!"

lame ass

Ever watch FOX? Nearly every last show has liberals on it to present counter points. msn and cnn haven't bothered doing such a thing {as far as I have seen}

The right-wing:

"I change the channel to hear the same information stated the same way, but from a totally different person, so I'm more informed!"

lame ass

Ever watch FOX? Nearly every last show has liberals on it to present counter points. msn and cnn haven't bothered doing such a thing {as far as I have seen}

Yup. I've watched FOX quite a bit. They generally bring on weak ass Democrats that don't point out their bullshit when they spew it as "fact". Although I do like it when Kelly brings on the Weiner.. that's always fun.

Anyhoo, you don't see me sticking up for MSNBC. I watch Maddow's show now and then, and that's about it. I also watch Bill O'Rielly from time to time as well. And.. I also watch Anderson Cooper.. and whoever else is on the T&V.

I also read a number of sources before I base my opinion on something. Whereas (at least in my experience with Conservatives) you guys generally follow the FOX FAUX outrage machine.. and just get outraged when they tell you to.

BTW.. MSNBC does bring on people from your side.. If you ever watch Maddow, you'd see her issuing invitations for people all the time. And Michael Steele was actually just signed as a contributor to MSNBC.. Soo.. :eusa_eh:

The right-wing:

lame ass

Yup. I've watched FOX quite a bit. They generally bring on weak ass Democrats that don't point out their bullshit when they spew it as "fact". Although I do like it when Kelly brings on the Weiner.. that's always fun.

Anyhoo, you don't see me sticking up for MSNBC. I watch Maddow's show now and then, and that's about it. I also watch Bill O'Rielly from time to time as well. And.. I also watch Anderson Cooper.. and whoever else is on the T&V.

I also read a number of sources before I base my opinion on something. Whereas (at least in my experience with Conservatives) you guys generally follow the FOX FAUX outrage machine.. and just get outraged when they tell you to.

BTW.. MSNBC does bring on people from your side.. If you ever watch Maddow, you'd see her issuing invitations for people all the time. And Michael Steele was actually just signed as a contributor to MSNBC.. Soo.. :eusa_eh:

That's funny on so many levels. msn finally bought a token black republican.

He should be a great moderate voice for msn. Shame they couldn't find a conservative.

University Study: Fox Viewers More Misinformed - John A. Farrell (usnews.com)

Sure more people watch Fox, that might be true but it says nothing about the content of Fox, which is based on lies and falsehoods.

Fox viewers are routinely found to be the most ignorant of any viewership and that’s the truth.

thx for the 30 secionds google effort..

have you read the survey?

Yes, I've read this one and the several others that preceded it, all showing Fox viewers as the most ignorant of any viewership.

Hell, even Jon Stewart's viewers beat out Fox News viewers in one poll and he admits that his show is just entertainment...so what does that make Fox?

Judging by the coverage of the cop hate stories....yes, only Fox has been fair to our brave officers.

Fox is the wrap yourself in the American flag religious right stick up for the corporate news channel. As a lifelong white Christian business owning male its easy to see through the façade. I don't la.Ike MSNBC or CNN either. If I were really wealthy I would watch fox I guess.

The fallacy of comparing one thing to many different things.

FoxNews is, by it's own admission, a cable entertainment channel.

The others are a mixture of network and cable news programs.

Why did they exclude Comedy Central from the poll? How would The DailyShow and the Colbert Report fare considering that they are on a cable entertainment channel too?

Are Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert more or less "trustworthy" entertainers than Bill O'Reilly?

Until we see a poll that compares like with like this is not worth getting excited about.

Good point. Hard to find fault with Stewart and Colbert. Not afraid to make fun of the numerous faults in the good ole USA.

It's understandable:

Fox news (and MSNBC) mis-characterize news stories routinely to satisfy their core viewers. The core viewers are free to cross verify with other networks. When a FOX viewer does this, they find no verification and make the assumption that all other outlets are biased. When an MSNBC viewer does this, they usually find that there are some nuggets of truth in the shaded news stories served up to them by the MSNBC hosts. So there is this discrepancy in the numbers. Fox viewers believe their network and shun any contrary facts as being biased.

You saw this rear it's ugly head on election night in 2012: It looks like they are attending a wake....it's fucking hilarious.

The 4:25 mark is probably the smoking gun...

When was the last time you saw a network anchor have to explain to network advisors that their pipe dream was over?

Anyone who relies on either FOX or MSNBC for their news fix should re-examine their choices and anyone who works there should re-examine their career choices.

I'm quite proud to say that I could not tell you what channel number they are on my cable system.

In a poll by Suffolk University Fox News came out ahead by a mile as the most trusted news source. Bill O'Rielly also topped the list as most trusted TV personality.

Here's a breakdown of where everyone ranked in the survey.

Most Trusted News Source

1) Fox - 28%

2) CNN - 18%

3) NBC - 10%

4) MSNBC - 7%

5) CBS - 6%

6) ABC - 6%

Most Trusted TV Personality

1) Bill O'Reilly - 9%

2) Anderson Cooper - 6%

3) Mike Huckabee - 4%

4) Sean Hannity - 4%

5) Wolf Blitzer - 3%

6) Chris Matthews - 3%

7) Tom Brokaw - 3%

8) Katie Couric - 3%

9) Diane Sawyer - 3%

Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

This is not surprising. I think Americans are tired of the glaring bias and slant in the news and media and just want a more honest look at the news and current events, which is why Fox News dominated in the survey and poll.

Hope you don't mind if I add to your post...even though it might give Ms. Truthie the vapors!

In a stunning rejection of network news and nightly news anchors, cable news, driven by the Fox News Channel and mouthy Bill O'Reilly, is now the top most trusted source—by a mile.

In a new poll from Boston's Suffolk University, more than a quarter of the nation says Fox is tops when it comes to who they trust the most and O'Reilly is the most believable."

"Bottom line: the more they attack Fox, the stronger it is getting," he adds.

"Most interesting are not the tiny percentages for individuals, but rather the contrast of Broadcast vs. Cable," he tells Whispers. "ABC-CBS-NBC together nets 22 percent on the most trusted compared to 53 percent for CNN-MSNBC-Fox. The three broadcast network anchors combined only get 10%, compare to O'Reilly alone who gets 9 percent and CNN's Wolf-Anderson 9 percent," he adds.
Poll: Fox, O'Reilly Most Trusted News Sources - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Kinda warms your heart, eh?

Yes, a TV cable news program dedicated to Fair and Balanced reporting. They research their material well. Nothing is perfect. They are closer to it than any.

ucs_foxnews_climatechange_piechart.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Survey: NPR’s listeners best-informed, Fox viewers worst-informed | Poynter.

Survey: NPR’s listeners best-informed, Fox viewers worst-informed

The report explains:

The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly — a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only The Daily Show with Jon Stewart could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

Interestingly, the results of the poll controlled for partisanship. MSNBC, Fox and talk radio consumers answered more questions correctly when their political views aligned with those of the outlets they preferred. Moderates and liberals who watched only Fox did worse than conservatives who watched it. This mirrored the results at MSNBC, where a conservative viewer could be expected to answer an average of .71 international questions correctly, for example, and a liberal viewer could be expected to answer 1.89 questions correctly. “None of the other news media had effects that depended on ideology,” says the report.

“On average, people were able to answer correctly 1.8 of 4 questions about international news, and 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs,” but depending on the match between ideology and viewing habits, the score could be lower or higher.
FDU political scientist Dan Cassino said the results show “Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience…. This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

News organizations’ tone and allocation of resources also apparently affected respondents’ abilities to answer questions. NPR has as many domestic bureaus as foreign ones; its listeners did best on questions about international events. “Daily Show” viewers were next. On domestic questions, people who watched Sunday news shows did nearly as well as NPR listeners.

A three-year-old post I know, but just to zero in on this mythology:

I think Americans are tired of the glaring bias and slant in the news and media and just want a more honest look at the news and current events, which is why Fox News dominated in the survey and poll.

Believe me, Americans (or citizens of anywhere else) are neither drawn to, nor seeking, anything resembling "honesty" in their television viewing. The medium is not honest and doesn't work that way at all. The simple fact that crap like fake wrestling even exists, let alone has a big audience, is all you need to see that.

Viewers are drawn to the shiny objects of emotional hooks of action, drama, fear and loathing, crisis, fire, flood, devastation, people trapped on an island, widespread panic, rioting, looting, bombing, shooting, arguing and just generally not having a good day. That's why we complain so much that the news is all bad -- because that's what we want; that's what sells. And that's been well known since TV went on the air and even before ("if it bleeds it leads, a standard of TV news, came from the newspaper business; that's why television was already called a "vast wasteland" over 50 years ago. So broadcast ratings have nothing to do with "honesty", far from it. They represent attention, and as anyone who's been on a message board knows, attention can be garnered without a whit of honesty.

As far as Fox Noise, when you make every story into a cryptic conspiracy theory, when you present angry old white guys pounding on tables with short-skirted bimbos by their side, when you dress up your entire studio in garish crayola colors with scene change graphics that go whhoosh and a constant stream of chyrons running a continuous stream of new insidious fearmongering suggestions across the screen, you're not going for "honesty"; you're going for the same dumbed-down emotional gut already described above. Before Fox, Rupert Murdoch built his fortune on scandalmongering tabloid papers. He knows the psychology as well as anyone does.

Last edited:
Just goes to how, people believe anything if you tell it to em enough.
You're right. We saw that for the 50+ years prior to the ascendency of cable TV with the broadcast networks.

Quite frankly, I'm not impressed by the numbers, but it does go to show that people can and do think for themselves. Kind of anathema to the progressive ideology.

Forum List

Back