Fox News: Major Hasan Awake, Speaking to Medical Staff

Does that make you sad? You seem somehow upset.

I am not unhappy with the result, however we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that it was a "fair trial" in the sense that he had a chance to be found not guilty. The judge made every effort to force an attorney on him and there was even a "suporvising attorney" appointed to try to help him procedurally, but....he never stood a chance. Much like this fellow though, there was never much of a chance he wasn't the doer. When there is little or no chance you have the wrong guy, I'm a lot less interested in the finer points of how the guy gets tried.

Why not? Wouldn't you want to be sure the conviction isn't overturned on a technicality that being represented by an attorney may have prevented?

In a case where the judge was less careful it could be an issue. But that is the argument, yeah.

I'd like to be this asshole's care giver for about 5 minutes or so..... I believe I could save the country a lot of money.:evil:

There is more and more coming out about this asshole. Seems as though he did attend the same Mosque as 2 of the 911 hijackers, His mothers funeral was at the mosque in May of 01.

I saw nothing of the mom's funeral being there; they lived in Roanoke.

I knew I had seen that somewhere:

"Hasan's family attended the Dar al Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va., where Awlaki was preaching in 2001. Hasan's mother's funeral was held at the mosque on May 31, 2001, according to her obituary in the Roanoke Times newspaper, around the same time two 9/11 hijackers worshipped at the mosque and while Awlaki was preaching."

Lawyer asks investigators not to question Hasan - Yahoo! News

There is more and more coming out about this asshole. Seems as though he did attend the same Mosque as 2 of the 911 hijackers, His mothers funeral was at the mosque in May of 01.

I saw nothing of the mom's funeral being there; they lived in Roanoke.

I knew I had seen that somewhere:

"Hasan's family attended the Dar al Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Va., where Awlaki was preaching in 2001. Hasan's mother's funeral was held at the mosque on May 31, 2001, according to her obituary in the Roanoke Times newspaper, around the same time two 9/11 hijackers worshipped at the mosque and while Awlaki was preaching."

Lawyer asks investigators not to question Hasan - Yahoo! News

Ok thanks. Perhaps because their family was originally from NoVA.

Ravi,
This has far more to do with Army personnel policies than it does ANY administration.
The risk adverse EEO environment, coupled to a shortage of field grade officers ( Hasan was just promoted to O4 even after a bad OER and the various complaints about him at Walter Reed ) was accelerant to the fuse.....

For the civies who haven't had the pleasure of playing the alphabet soup acronym game:

EEO = Equal Employment Opportunities...every unit has an EOO (Equal Opportunities Officer)

OER = Officer Evaluation Report (or Record)

Last edited:
Liberalism and political correctness caused these murders, had we been able to profile people, had we been able to call the war on terrorism the "war on the Islamic religion" we would of been able to profile this Sunni who called himself Palestinian.

We are bombarded day and night by the media, by the liberals, and by republicans that Israel is the aggressor occuiping territory. Day and night, month after month, year after year we hear that the Jews, the Zionists are evil, that they are racist, killers, that the US military is the only reason Israel exsists.

If anything this Man is a victime of the media, liberals, politcal correctness and marxism. Marxist professors teach students to hate the USA, all in the world that is bad is caused by the Zionist controlled USA.

The Major although a Moslem is a victim of political correctness gone mad, This Sunni is a victim of a religous propaganda war that teaches Allah is great and all else in naught, he is victim of the liberals who prevent us from being critical of Islam. He is a victim of woman who wear Burqua's and Hijabs in support of Sunni woman, who incidently are the most abused woman in the world one only need research Sunni Saudi Arabia for proof of this, from Obama bowing to the Saudis to the endless propaganda against the Jews the ACLU, the Liberals, the Media, the Politicians have been fueling hatred for decades.

I understand this confused fuck, I dont agree with what he did but I understand why he became who he became.

we have lost the USA, borders, language, and culture, that says it all, no respect for our borders, no respect for our language, no respect for our culture, no respect for these three basic ideas which make a country great, which make the usa great, no respect by our politicians and many of our citizens is what caused this fiasco.

This should be the litmus test, Borders, Language, and Culture, the litmus test for media, lawyers, all citizens, all immigrants, teachers, professors, all government workers, all judges, all politicians, respect borders language and culture or get the hell out forever.

This man is a victim of the media, the lawyers, our own politicians, Judges, CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc, etc,

For the civies who haven't had the pleasure of playing the alphabet soup acronym game:

EEO = Equal Employment Opportunities...every unit has an EOO (Equal Opportunities Officer)

Thanks, sorry 'bout that. :redface:

Thanks, sorry 'bout that. :redface:

My pleasure...

Not your fault...being active duty it's part of your everyday lexicon.

I have fond memories of those days.

MDN,
"had we been able to profile people, had we been able to call the war on terrorism the "war on the Islamic religion"
Actually, there's a glimmer of truth in this spew. You are wrong about the profiling; Hasan profiled himself back in VA during school and at Walter Reed. He essentially was waving his arms stating 'I'm radicalized, I'm dangerous, I'm not drinking your Kool Aid.' Some complained, they were ignored.
The GWOT is not a war on Islam. If it were, it'd be over by now and Mecca, Medina, and other areas of Saudi Arabia would be so much brittle glass by now.

Your whole victim rant doesn't make much sense. If anything, Hasan's a victim of an Army personnel system gone bad (worse ? ); he was actively engaged in trying to get out, even hired a lawyer.

I'm wondering about the guy so went looking. One thing that bugs me, well okay there are lots of things, but one thing is that he's an Army Major but he only has 3 decorations. He has the National Defense Service Medal (2 awards), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Medal. For just a couple of minutes, forget everything you've learned about the guy in the last three days and tell me how an Army Major has so few ribbons on his uniform. Granted he probably came in as a Captain, not a second Lieutenant but still.

Cause he has been in school since he joined. 6 to 8 years of medical school.

Ravi,
This has far more to do with Army personnel policies than it does ANY administration.
The risk adverse EEO environment, coupled to a shortage of field grade officers ( Hasan was just promoted to O4 even after a bad OER and the various complaints about him at Walter Reed ) was accelerant to the fuse.....
IMO, the way it sounds, this fuckhead should have been booted off a plane, but I don't get how that is Obama's fault as Willow is implying. But maybe she'll tell us her actual opinion before she gets her talking points emailed to her.

LOL Ravi,
As a pilot, I must object to having folks boot out of the aircraft.....they can damage the control surfaces, lots of expense.
A bad conduct discharge costs MUCH less.
I'll keep an eye out for this Willow person you speak of.

Since this is from fox, I wouldnt be surprised if they are saying it was a terrorist attack. They would love to pin an attack on america now.

We will see.

MDN,
"had we been able to profile people, had we been able to call the war on terrorism the "war on the Islamic religion"
Actually, there's a glimmer of truth in this spew. You are wrong about the profiling; Hasan profiled himself back in VA during school and at Walter Reed. He essentially was waving his arms stating 'I'm radicalized, I'm dangerous, I'm not drinking your Kool Aid.' Some complained, they were ignored.
The GWOT is not a war on Islam. If it were, it'd be over by now and Mecca, Medina, and other areas of Saudi Arabia would be so much brittle glass by now.

Your whole victim rant doesn't make much sense. If anything, Hasan's a victim of an Army personnel system gone bad (worse ? ); he was actively engaged in trying to get out, even hired a lawyer.

Uh, I pretty much stated the guy was victim of many things, I victim of the army, maybe, I dont know enough to argue that. Officers are and should be held to a higher standard, this man was not, why, was it a defect in the army system or does it have something to do with the politics of promotions, does this have something to do with many officers using the career in the army as a spring board into politics. If we do not question this than we are at fault for not looking at the problem every way possible in order to understand every possibility. I am not some idiot that simply states this happened for one reason and one reason only.

Maybe you wish to be critical of the Army, maybe you hate the army maybe not, I will not be so narrow minded that I am not considering every possible factor.

Anyone who does not allow for all the various factors will never understand the complex truth.

First and foremost is Islam, Second is this mans interpetation of Islam, Third this man identified himself as a Sunni, fourth the terrorists involved in 9/11 were all Sunni, fifth there is political correctness in all aspects of an officers conduct, sixth, seventh.

You cannot state my post is a rant, this man is victim, you even concede he may be victim, a little contradictory on your part.

Many parts make a puzzle, I listed many parts and each part plays a part.

No one can dismiss one thing I state otherwise they begin to narrow their ability to analyize the cause and effects this man suffered.

Sure, people can just snap, this man did not just wake and snap, we see many things, many events, tiny when they stand alone, tiny if they were the rant of a burger flipper at mcdonalds, but given the mans education, his wealth, his ability to make money, his prestige as an officer, his training, than all these "rants" show how and why this event happened.

Liberalism, we must accept everyone unconditionally (except white middle aged conservatives).

And that is the burr, Liberal/Marxist would of loved if this was a Catholic, it was not, hence we see an attack on christians. You see the articles and headlines on USA today, "expect backlash against Moslems", I read the paper and already they are twisting the story to make conservatives and the military the bad guy.

According to the media this man is a victim, I state the man is a victim and I am wrong.

Talk about twisted logic.

Forum List

Back