Fox News: Major Hasan Awake, Speaking to Medical Staff

I'm wondering about the guy so went looking. One thing that bugs me, well okay there are lots of things, but one thing is that he's an Army Major but he only has 3 decorations. He has the National Defense Service Medal (2 awards), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Medal. For just a couple of minutes, forget everything you've learned about the guy in the last three days and tell me how an Army Major has so few ribbons on his uniform. Granted he probably came in as a Captain, not a second Lieutenant but still.

According to the Army spokesperson who was on the news segment I saw, because he had an advanced medical degree, he was commissioned as a Captain, and was accelerated advancement to Major.

Apparently, it was an incentive for him to enlist with an advanced degree.

But, that's also what the Navy does for their medical officers.

That is true, but also remember that the Military put him through med school. He had just recently finished his internship at Walter Reed. But even if he had a chest full of salad, he is still a dirt bag.

According to the Army spokesperson who was on the news segment I saw, because he had an advanced medical degree, he was commissioned as a Captain, and was accelerated advancement to Major.

Yep. Forget everything you know or think you know about military service and rank and what it means when it comes to doctors. None of it applies.

Even back in the "old army" I would come across doctors with zip up ankle boots for foot wear. :cuckoo: Only doctors.

Amen--some of the dumbest doctors I ever met were retired military and struggling to get by in civlian life----imbeciles. I figure this dude is crazy--do we kill people who are too crazy to stand trial ?

They probably do in Texas. Gleefully.

I'm wondering about the guy so went looking. One thing that bugs me, well okay there are lots of things, but one thing is that he's an Army Major but he only has 3 decorations. He has the National Defense Service Medal (2 awards), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Medal. For just a couple of minutes, forget everything you've learned about the guy in the last three days and tell me how an Army Major has so few ribbons on his uniform. Granted he probably came in as a Captain, not a second Lieutenant but still.

That is true, but also remember that the Military put him through med school. He had just recently finished his internship at Walter Reed. But even if he had a chest full of salad, he is still a dirt bag.

No arguments there.

Yep. Forget everything you know or think you know about military service and rank and what it means when it comes to doctors. None of it applies.

Even back in the "old army" I would come across doctors with zip up ankle boots for foot wear. :cuckoo: Only doctors.

Amen--some of the dumbest doctors I ever met were retired military and struggling to get by in civlian life----imbeciles. I figure this dude is crazy--do we kill people who are too crazy to stand trial ?

Well, let's see, that's John Allen Mohammad's claim.....currently. He dies tonight in Virginia :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fox News Radio reported that Fort Hood suspect Army Major Nidal Hasan is awake and speaking to medical staff at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

A U.S. Army hospital spokesman confirms Hasan is conscious and able to talk.

Hospital spokesperson Maria Gallegos says Hasan is in critical but stable condition.

Dewey Mitchell, a spokesman at Brooke Army Medical Center, says Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan has been awake and able to talk since he was taken off a ventilator Saturday.

Official: Major Hasan Awake, Speaking to Medical Staff - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Hopefully now we can get some answers direct from the horses mouth.

Why would you believe anything this murderer has to say? At this point, does it even matter?

I guess the presumption of innocence does not apply to "Islamofascists".

Well, let's see, that's John Allen Mohammad's claim.....currently. He dies tonight in Virginia :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

They need to cremate him and then flush his ashes down the toilet.

And HE had a trial, did he not?

I don't know if the investigators will learn anything from him or not. I like the fact that someone can ask him questions, whether he answers or not, I guess we'll see. As for him being innocent until proven guilty, yeah, sounds good, is our way, under normal circumstances, but with all the eye witnesses I don't think there's a lawyer (JAG or civilian) on the planet that will plead him that way. I'm guessing temporary insanity, diminished capacity or whatever they call it, or some other lame excuse.
I like the fact that we can kill him after the court martial instead of him dying in a suicide by cop shootout. In fact, to keep him from being a martyr, maybe it would be best to keep him alive in a supermax prison somewhere. I don't know what would be best.
BTW - thanks for all the responses to my question about his ribbons/medals etc. :cool:

There is more and more coming out about this asshole. Seems as though he did attend the same Mosque as 2 of the 911 hijackers, His mothers funeral was at the mosque in May of 01.

I saw nothing of the mom's funeral being there; they lived in Roanoke.

I believe he was up here more recently. As were the 9/11 hijackers. So, I believe the claim is that he attended a mosque up here a few times.

And HE had a trial, did he not?

He represented himself. You tell me. :eusa_whistle:

Ah...you don't want to make a committment... I understand. :lol::lol::lol:

As a lawyer, I can tell you that we have an old saw about lawyers representing themselves in court.

"A lawyer who represents himself has a idiot for a lawyer and a fool for a client."

JAM was not even a lawyer. He could have achieved the same result he would ever get representing himself by simply sitting on the judges bench and masturbating. At least that would have felt good for a minute. You get what I'm trying to tell you?

He represented himself. You tell me. :eusa_whistle:

As a lawyer, I can tell you that we have an old saw about lawyers representing themselves in court.

"A lawyer who represents himself has a idiot for a lawyer and a fool for a client."

JAM was not even a lawyer. He could have achieved the same result he would ever get representing himself by simply sitting on the judges bench and masturbating. At least that would have felt good for a minute. You get what I'm trying to tell you?

Does that make you sad? You seem somehow upset.

There is more and more coming out about this asshole. Seems as though he did attend the same Mosque as 2 of the 911 hijackers, His mothers funeral was at the mosque in May of 01.

I saw nothing of the mom's funeral being there; they lived in Roanoke.

I believe he was up here more recently. As were the 9/11 hijackers. So, I believe the claim is that he attended a mosque up here a few times.

I'm not questioning that he attended the mosque, but rather his mom's funeral being there. They lived in Roanoke at the time, and local papers are tracking his movements in the area from the time they relocated to Roanoke. There was an obit for his mom in the Roanoke Times in '01, but I can't seem to find it archived online (they only go back to '06). It did say he and his brother left the area some time after his mother died.

I am not unhappy with the result, however we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that it was a "fair trial" in the sense that he had a chance to be found not guilty. The judge made every effort to force an attorney on him and there was even a "suporvising attorney" appointed to try to help him procedurally, but....he never stood a chance. Much like this fellow though, there was never much of a chance he wasn't the doer. When there is little or no chance you have the wrong guy, I'm a lot less interested in the finer points of how the guy gets tried.

I am not unhappy with the result, however we shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking that it was a "fair trial" in the sense that he had a chance to be found not guilty. The judge made every effort to force an attorney on him and there was even a "suporvising attorney" appointed to try to help him procedurally, but....he never stood a chance. Much like this fellow though, there was never much of a chance he wasn't the doer. When there is little or no chance you have the wrong guy, I'm a lot less interested in the finer points of how the guy gets tried.

Why not? Wouldn't you want to be sure the conviction isn't overturned on a technicality that being represented by an attorney may have prevented?

Forum List

Back