Fox News identifies Japanese dance club as nuclear power plant.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
4d7f93fa3e755.jpg

If you don't find "Shibuyaeggman" on the International Atomic Energy Agency's list of Japanese nuclear power stations, that's because "Eggman" is a dance club for indie and underground bands in the Tokyo district of "Shibuya." Sounds like a fun place to drink, have fun, and not evacuate due to a nuclear meltdown.

I sat and watch CNN while they interviewed an 'expert' on this. Guy was talking like the end of the world was upon us, most of what he said, when you analyzed it was very 'anti-nuke energy', so I dug around for his background. Turned out - and what CNN didn't bother to inform its viewers of - the guy is an 'alternative energy' guru. Well, that kind of puts his opinion into a completely different context. Context is your friend.

However, assuming this pic is legit - and as far as I am concerned there is no evidence that it is - unless someone has the actual clip of the segement.... this is hardly a huge, or deliberate, error. Media, in their enthusiasm to get the 'news' out - often don't bother to fact check.

I sat and watch CNN while they interviewed an 'expert' on this. Guy was talking like the end of the world was upon us, most of what he said, when you analyzed it was very 'anti-nuke energy', so I dug around for his background. Turned out - and what CNN didn't bother to inform its viewers of - the guy is an 'alternative energy' guru. Well, that kind of puts his opinion into a completely different context. Context is your friend.

However, assuming this pic is legit - and as far as I am concerned there is no evidence that it is - unless someone has the actual clip of the segement.... this is hardly a huge, or deliberate, error. Media, in their enthusiasm to get the 'news' out - often don't bother to fact check.
Which, I wouldn't be too surprised if some of these graphics errors aren't the work of smarmy employees just getting their kicks. Yuk Yuk and all that, then claiming "honest mistake."

Which, I wouldn't be too surprised if some of these graphics errors aren't the work of smarmy employees just getting their kicks. Yuk Yuk and all that, then claiming "honest mistake."

Yep. Could be.

Or.... it could be that the graphics team were under a lot of pressure,

or... it could have been that their researchers were overstretched with the amount of information that is coming in about the situation...

Frankly, in this kind of situation, with little real 'hard fact' and vast amounts of conflicting information... I'm surprised that this is the best fuck up the left can find.

I could, if I was of a mind to... produce fuck up after fuck up by ever major news outlet on the planet on this one subject.

Still, the whining lefties must have something to bitch about. :lol:

Yep. Could be.

Or.... it could be that the graphics team were under a lot of pressure,

or... it could have been that their researchers were overstretched with the amount of information that is coming in about the situation...

Frankly, in this kind of situation, with little real 'hard fact' and vast amounts of conflicting information... I'm surprised that this is the best fuck up the left can find.

I could, if I was of a mind to... produce fuck up after fuck up by ever major news outlet on the planet on this one subject.

Still, the whining lefties must have something to bitch about. :lol:
FDC... Fox Derangement Syndrome.

"When you're getting alot of flak, you know you're over the target." :lmao:

Along as there is a hot blonde with fake boobs reading the story.......who cares if it is accurate?
:lol:

Did you notice that they have Sendai at the bottom of the island?

And this outfit wants to pick our next president???
ba15c11c.gif

Forum List

Back