Fox News Host says women shouldn't vote or be on juries Video

The most interesting thing about the video is when the blond woman talks about people being scared. Scared of ISIS, scared of ebola.

It's what the right want, scared people are more likely to vote right wing, more likely to accept a restriction of their rights for right wing policies.

The woman was making a point that women as a voting group tend to see things in the context of security. They like to feel secure about the economy...about the safety of their families...and they vote accordingly. The point she was making is that the Obama Administration has not made them feel secure on these issues and as a result the huge gender gap that Democrats USED TO HAVE has now disappeared.

It was not about "fear" tactics...

Imagine if Iraq hadn't happened, and then ISIS didn't happen. Then Obama got elected, and people felt safe because they didn't have much to be worried about. They'd vote Obama again.

Now the right feel they have something they can be tough on. They can be tough on terrorism, tell people how much safer they'll be with right wing policies.

All of a sudden politics is so much easier for the right.

Does that make sense to you?

"ignorant" people .... typically people who disagree with you.
Yeah, don't let 'em vote.
This is the justification for all these voter suppression efforts?

I have no problem with education...my problem is letting ignorant people vote on important issues or for vital positions. I also have a problem with an educational system that indoctrinates rather than teaches.

As for how politics "should" work? We should be trying to do the most intelligent things possible for the betterment of society...not catering to people who are too stupid to realize that instant gratification today might very well mean hardship tomorrow.

Well if people were better educated then they'd be less ignorant.

Also, democracy where people don't vote directly for issues, but for people to deal with these issues, is supposed to reduce the problems with democracy.

You have a problem with education that "indoctrinates"? How do you teach people to be responsible adults if you can't tell them how to think sometimes?
Yes, I would prefer an education system that works around skills that they need, and thinking skills should be high up there, but even then the right would call this indoctrination.

Yeah, the most intelligent things.

Ie, not invading Iraq. But surely politics is about people's interests. Problem is the rich seem to have far more influence than their votes entail in society.

I'm going to say something now that might strike you as completely unreasonable, Frigid but I'll say it anyways because I think it's true...

I believe there are a large number of "educated" people out there that are ignorant and it's because of the education that they've received. You can't teach someone one side of an issue and make them educated on that issue. For many of our educators these days...there is a belief that because they are standing in front of a classroom as a tenured professor that THEIR views have precedence over all others.

Last edited:
Young women shouldn't be on juries, says Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle, because "they just don't get it." Young women also shouldn't bother voting, she added, because their opinions are bad and wrong, and only older people who have evolved into cranky conservatives should be allowed to participate in democracy.

Fox News Host Says Young Women Shouldn t Vote -- NYMag

Just go to Youtube and do a search: fox news women shouldn't vote

No wonder Republicans think women shouldn't get equal pay for equal work.
Gargoyle should take a powder, or get Ebola.

What a fuckin' freak.

We need a literacy test.

I'll take a gun safety test in order to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, if we can have a literacy test for voters.

The most interesting thing about the video is when the blond woman talks about people being scared. Scared of ISIS, scared of ebola.

It's what the right want, scared people are more likely to vote right wing, more likely to accept a restriction of their rights for right wing policies.

The woman was making a point that women as a voting group tend to see things in the context of security. They like to feel secure about the economy...about the safety of their families...and they vote accordingly. The point she was making is that the Obama Administration has not made them feel secure on these issues and as a result the huge gender gap that Democrats USED TO HAVE has now disappeared.

It was not about "fear" tactics...

Imagine if Iraq hadn't happened, and then ISIS didn't happen. Then Obama got elected, and people felt safe because they didn't have much to be worried about. They'd vote Obama again.

Now the right feel they have something they can be tough on. They can be tough on terrorism, tell people how much safer they'll be with right wing policies.

All of a sudden politics is so much easier for the right.

Does that make sense to you?
With all due respect, Frigid? If you took all of Barack Obama's foreign policy failures off of the table and made them disappear...his lack of a coherent strategy for the economy and jobs...his lack of a coherent strategy on energy...his lack of transparency and the sheer volume of scandals that have dogged this group would still have people rethinking their vote for Obama. I'm sorry but he hasn't been a competent President on many levels...not just on foreign policy decisions or lack there of.

This lie has already been tried as a thread, and the person telling the lie was duly thrashed and refuted.

Fox News is telling young women not to vote US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Now it sounds like little rdean is trying to resurrect the lie again. I guess he figures enough time has passed since it was debunked, that he can now start telling the same lie again, and might even find someone who believes him.

Seriously, same thread, same topic, where are the mods?

It's all part of the women's war on women! Yeah, that's it. Don't listen to women. Only listen to democrat men. They really care.

I have no problem with informed people making a decision that I don't agree with, Nodog. What drives me crazy is people casting a vote for a politician they know nothing about because of the D or R after their names or voting for an issue that they really know nothing about based on some pundits rant on a slanted cable news channel.

This lie has already been tried as a thread, and the person telling the lie was duly thrashed and refuted.

Fox News is telling young women not to vote US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Now it sounds like little rdean is trying to resurrect the lie again. I guess he figures enough time has passed since it was debunked, that he can now start telling the same lie again, and might even find someone who believes him.

Are we allowed to actually answer that question?

I have no problem with informed people making a decision that I don't agree with, Nodog. What drives me crazy is people casting a vote for a politician they know nothing about because of the D or R after their names or voting for an issue that they really know nothing about based on some pundits rant on a slanted cable news channel.

And someone who disagrees with you can write you off the same way. Bottom line is that too many people have fought and died to secure the right to vote for EVERY American for us to piss on that sacrifice by claiming people who don't follow procedures that WE approve of, shouldn't be allowed to vote.

And someone who disagrees with you can write you off the same way. Bottom line is that too many people have fought and died to secure the right to vote for EVERY American for us to piss on that sacrifice by claiming people who don't follow procedures that WE approve of, shouldn't be allowed to vote.
So Americans have fought and died so that people who don't even take the time to know the issues or the candidates can stand in a voting booth and vote for something or someone they know nothing about?

Who's really pissing on that sacrifice?

The Constitution does not mention parties, and they need to be mentioned in the Constitution ONE time, in an amendment very simply worded:

Party affiliation of candidates cannot be indicated in any manner in any election in the United States of America.

Well...we can always count on Howard Dean's little boy to post easily refuted propaganda.

Sadly little dean probably believes the crap he posts...proof the left elite can dupe some of the people all the time.

There is nothing new here. Conservatives told US youth that we were all brainwashed commies without a lick of sense when we protested the Vietnam war. We managed to end it anyway, and without any support from the Right. Since then, Vietnam has become a "favored nation" trading partner of the USA, and nobody can remember exactly why we were going half way around the world to kill them.

So Americans have fought and died so that people who don't even take the time to know the issues or the candidates can stand in a voting booth and vote for something or someone they know nothing about?

Who's really pissing on that sacrifice?

The people trying to deny the right to vote for people they disagree with are pissing on the sacrifices.

Anyone can claim that someone who disagrees with them is ignorant and doesn't know the issues. Egocentricity is nothing new and nothing to shape policy around.

Young women shouldn't be on juries, says Fox News host Kimberly Guilfoyle, because "they just don't get it." Young women also shouldn't bother voting, she added, because their opinions are bad and wrong, and only older people who have evolved into cranky conservatives should be allowed to participate in democracy.

Fox News Host Says Young Women Shouldn t Vote -- NYMag

Just go to Youtube and do a search: fox news women shouldn't vote

No wonder Republicans think women shouldn't get equal pay for equal work.

They do get equal pay for equal work. Now. The so-called pay discrepency is a figure that comes from averaging out lifetime earnings. Women seem to earn less simply because they take time off to be mothers. If they were really getting paid less they'd sue, and they would win. That's not what's happening though.

Forum List

Back