Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white

Will Fox Do The Right Thing And Fire Kelly?

• Yes, Fox is a legitimate network and will fire Kelly

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No, Fox could care less and will let her stay

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
Some people seem to think a discussion on race is by definition racist. Rather these people have been deeply scarred by racism themselves or simply exhibit a Pavlovian response while frothing at the mouth every time somebody rings the race bell in there head, I do not know.
For those who have not been broken by the cruel realities of the world or feel political correctness is a sign of superiority and empathy. Perhaps a discussion on race through the prism of historical documentation and science is possible.
Back to Santagate. Megan Kelly called Santa and Jesus white. Given todays definition of caucasian. Megan Kelly is of course correct.
People have responded in odd ways to this. Some have even said that Jesus can't be white because he's from the middle east. Of course middle easterners are classified as caucasian. People have said that Santa would have had olive skin, not white skin. I ask, what the hell does that have to do with the topic? Keep in mind, white people are not usually technically white (unless you are referring to an under ground colony of homeless albino cannibals) They often tend to be different shades of pink, tan,grey. The native American is not really red and the asians aren't really yellow. Saying people are white is not supposed to be taken literally. It's just shorthand for caucasian.

Last edited:
Please point out one thing I got wrong, Kosh.

Thanks.

Easy you used far left propaganda as your "facts".

The worst part is you still believe it no matter how many times your far left programmed propaganda gets debunked.

So you don't have anything other than running around people saying "but that's not true".

How about posting a thread to prove that Fluke asked the government to pay for her birth control, or that Georgetown doesn't provide birth control to faculty or staff?

Please point out one thing I got wrong, Kosh.

Thanks.

The worst part is you still believe it no matter how many times your far left programmed propaganda gets debunked.

So you don't have anything other than running around people saying "but that's not true".

How about posting a thread to prove that Fluke asked the government to pay for her birth control, or that Georgetown doesn't provide birth control to faculty or staff?

That explains why Fox was able to host all those Democratic Primary debates.

I love Jon Stewart's response to Megyn Kelly's nonsense...

Jon Stewart said:
"Who was Megyn Kelly speaking to....? Children that are sophisticated enough to be watching a news channel at 10 o'clock at night, yet innocent enough to believe that Santa Claus is real, but yet racist enough to be freaked out that Santa is black."

He totally nailed it.

CLASSIC!

"On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore .”

LOL

I guess it's better than talking about ObamaCare, NSA, IRS, or Obama blowing Raul Castro

Should be a penguin, B/S

131210_HOL_SantaMakeover.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

harris.jpg

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover

By Aisha Harris, Slate
12/10/13

Two decades later, America is less and less white, but a melanin-deficient Santa remains the default in commercials, mall casting calls, and movies. Isn’t it time that our image of Santa better serve all the children he delights each Christmas?

Yes, it is. And so I propose that America abandon Santa-as-fat-old-white-man and create a new symbol of Christmas cheer. From here on out, Santa Claus should be a penguin.

That’s right: a penguin.

Why, you ask? For one thing, making Santa Claus an animal rather than an old white male could spare millions of nonwhite kids the insecurity and shame that I remember from childhood. Whether you celebrate the holiday or not, Santa is one of the first iconic figures foisted upon you: He exists as an incredibly powerful image in the imaginations of children across the country (and beyond, of course). That this genial, jolly man can only be seen as white — and consequently, that a Santa of any other hue is merely a “joke” or a chance to trudge out racist stereotypes — helps perpetuate the whole “white-as-default” notion endemic to American culture (and, of course, not just American culture).

So let’s ditch Santa the old white man altogether, and embrace Penguin Claus — who will join the Easter Bunny in the pantheon of friendly, secular visitors from the animal kingdom who come to us as the representatives of ostensibly religious holidays. It’s time to hand over the reins to those deer and let the universally beloved waddling bird warm the hearts of children everywhere, regardless of the color of their skin.

Harris is a Slate culture blogger.

"On Wednesday night, Kelly was responding to an article by Slate writer Aisha Harris, who wrote an article entitled “ Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore .”

LOL

I guess it's better than talking about ObamaCare, NSA, IRS, or Obama blowing Raul Castro

Should be a penguin, B/S

131210_HOL_SantaMakeover.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

harris.jpg

By Aisha Harris, Slate
12/10/13

Two decades later, America is less and less white, but a melanin-deficient Santa remains the default in commercials, mall casting calls, and movies. Isn’t it time that our image of Santa better serve all the children he delights each Christmas?

Yes, it is. And so I propose that America abandon Santa-as-fat-old-white-man and create a new symbol of Christmas cheer. From here on out, Santa Claus should be a penguin.

That’s right: a penguin.

Why, you ask? For one thing, making Santa Claus an animal rather than an old white male could spare millions of nonwhite kids the insecurity and shame that I remember from childhood. Whether you celebrate the holiday or not, Santa is one of the first iconic figures foisted upon you: He exists as an incredibly powerful image in the imaginations of children across the country (and beyond, of course). That this genial, jolly man can only be seen as white — and consequently, that a Santa of any other hue is merely a “joke” or a chance to trudge out racist stereotypes — helps perpetuate the whole “white-as-default” notion endemic to American culture (and, of course, not just American culture).

So let’s ditch Santa the old white man altogether, and embrace Penguin Claus — who will join the Easter Bunny in the pantheon of friendly, secular visitors from the animal kingdom who come to us as the representatives of ostensibly religious holidays. It’s time to hand over the reins to those deer and let the universally beloved waddling bird warm the hearts of children everywhere, regardless of the color of their skin.

Harris is a Slate culture blogger.

Ditching Santa because he's white is as bad as telling a kid he can't dress up as Santa because he's black.

Getting your news from Fox is like getting it from the Town Drunk.

Fact- Democrats passed on a Fox Debate because Fox has no journalistic credibility.

Did anyone see the fox "news people" acost their weather person the other morning? Apparently their well informed news anchors have never seen a tattoo or didn't recognize the symbol for a tropical storm/hurricane.

Daytime TV Clips & Recaps: GMA, Today Show & More | Yahoo TV

Yeech...

There was once a guy who left CNN and went to Fox and by doing so, he raised the IQ of both places at the same time.

Fact- Democrats passed on a Fox Debate because Fox has no journalistic credibility.

Maybe if you watched it you'd feel differently. Generally, they present both sides of the issue in a reasonable fashion, granted, the ultra left weenies rarely make a second appearance.

As a comparison, no conservative in their right mind goes on MSNBC and so 1, 2, 3 or 4 lefties sit around or are being lead to top each other on insults is regards to the Republican/Conservative character assassination for that segment. The rest of the shows are full of half truths or out of context opinions and Obama excuses du joir on policy.

Ps.. MSNBC also spends a good percent of their time proving their absolute jealousy and contempt for the Fox News anchors and the channels ultimate success.

Last edited:

Maybe if you watched it you'd feel differently. Generally, they present both sides of the issue in a reasonable fashion, granted, the ultra left weenies rarely make a second appearance.

As a comparison, no conservative in their right mind goes on MSNBC and so 1, 2, 3 or 4 lefties sit around or are being lead to top each other on insults is regards to the Republican/Conservative character assassination for that segment. The rest of the shows are full of half truths or out of context opinions and Obama excuses du joir on policy.

Ps.. MSNBC also spends a good percent of their time proving their absolute jealousy and contempt for the Fox News anchors and the channels ultimate success.
Bingo!

[quo

I watched Fox when I used to be a Right WInger and I watch it from time to time now.

I think MSNBC and Fox are too sides of the same coin. Appealling to the base emotions of their audience.

And if the GOP said, "We aren't going to do any debates on MSNBC", I'd have no problem with that.

But Priece Rebius or whatever his name is wants to ban CNN, CBS, ABC, the straight part of NBC, pretty much any network where a moderator might call a GOP Candidate on something like, "Do you really think executing a man whose guilt was questionable was okay?"

Incidently, I thought Perry's answer to that was actually okay (compared to some of the things he did later in the debates that were goofy.) It was the cheering an execution by the Audience that made the GOP look bad as a group.

Could you please give us a name of one conservative who says racism does not exist?

Conservatives Think Racism Is Dead. They’re Wrong.
Conservatives Think Racism Is Dead. Wrong. -- Daily Intelligencer

I find it interesting that the title of the less than truthful opinion hit piece you posted a link to is titled CONSERVATIVES THINK RACISM IS DEAD. THEY'RE WRONG, does not quote any conservatives saying that racism is dead. The title of the silly hit piece (by a self described liberal hawk) is not supported by the hit piece itself. So I ask again, can you name one conservative who thinks racism is dead?

It's impossible. If they thought racism (AKA affirmative action) was dead, they wouldn't be a conservative.

Last edited:

Democrats debate on Fox News all the time. One of the reasons why Fox News is very fair and balanced , compared to MSNBC, is because they have so many Democrats/Liberals on their shows, while I find it difficult to think of a single conservative talking on MSNBC.

Forum List

Back