Fox News had 14 of the 15 most-watched programs in cable news in January 2017...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just in case anyone had any doubts about what network is most trusted and viewed. Trumps attacks on CNN and other liberal networks can't be hurting, in fact, his attacks are probably a boon to Fox News:

Top Cable News Programs of January 2017

Fox News had 14 of the 15 most-watched programs in cable news in total viewers and 8 out of the top 10 programs in A25-54. The O’Reilly Factor was the most-watched cable news program of the month with 3.96 million total viewers.

Kinda makes all their moaning and bitching about some "liberal MSM" nonsense don't it.

Just in case anyone had any doubts about what network is most trusted and viewed. Trumps attacks on CNN and other liberal networks can't be hurting, in fact, his attacks are probably a boon to Fox News:

Fox News had 14 of the 15 most-watched programs in cable news in total viewers and 8 out of the top 10 programs in A25-54. The O’Reilly Factor was the most-watched cable news program of the month with 3.96 million total viewers.

Well, everyone needs a news source.

I learned a new term today from my retired teacher roommate. She referred to Trump supporters as Educable Mentally Retarded (EMR). OMG, that is so true!

What is the definition of Educable Mentally Retarded?

You poor fool. Broadcast ratings have nothing to do with "trust". Or "assent". They reflect attention. That's it. Full stop. Waiter, check please, we're outta here.

Their one and their only function is to determine how much this broadcast outlet or that one can charge an advertiser for a 30 or 60 second spot to sell you goofy shit you don't need. That's all they are and all they ever were.

And attention is garnered in several ways, none of which are intellectual. Fear mostly. Scandal and conflict and sex and outrageous stuff. That's exactly why TV is full of stupid shit like naked people walking around on an island and fake wrestling. It's spectacle. Nothing to do with "trust" :rolleyes:

Fox noise's specialty is fear mongering generally and race baiting specifically. "They're all out to get you especially the scary black man -- "New Black Panthers", "Van Jones", "Hip hop barbecues at the White House", "Jeremiah Wright" etc etc etc. And we'll be back to tell you all about how the evildoers of Booga Booga are going to take over your world, after this word for Burger Kink. It's psychological manipulation to separate the viewer from his/her wallet, and that's all it is. It's emotional white sugar, put there for one purpose only, which is to addict. So they can then sell you more crap.

And since you obviously have no clue how media psychology works --- Rump's attacks on CNN are only going to help CNN. Because it raises curiosity in pedestrians who hadn't been thinking about it --- now they gotta go check it out. The same reason CNN/CBS/whoever "attacking" Rump by reporting whatever goofy shit he said this time helps Rump. Same reason. People will tune in to see freak shows.

Last edited:

LOL...all the right wingers watch the same load of horse shit day after day and night after night. Nothing new or informative here.

And again, this thread is about Media -- not politics.

Unless you're telling us Fox Noise is a political instrument rather than "media".

No, what it means is that the message of leftists and their violent and seditious activities is not resonating with the American people. Most Americans are patriots contrary to what the left is trying to make them.

HORSE shit. Nobody watches TV to "vote" "right" or "left". Not the way it works, never has been.

If numbers equated to quality, we must conclude that the highest quality food in the world is at McDonald's.

It ain't.

life has to be so tough for you now pogo. You are only left with the facts don't really mean what they say arguments. Let's use your genius logic. Most people,really agree with MSNBC, they just don't watch it. Uncontrollable laughter in the background.

Kinda makes all their moaning and bitching about some "liberal MSM" nonsense don't it.

Not really.

The industry is dominated by asshole lefties, who spout propaganda designed to serve their ideological agenda.

ONE network is slated to present a viewpoint that does NOT piss on the OTHER half of America.

Thus Fox gets the underserved half of America, while the rest of them split up the over served half of America.

life has to be so tough for you now pogo. You are only left with the facts don't really mean what they say arguments. Let's use your genius logic. Most people,really agree with MSNBC, they just don't watch it. Uncontrollable laughter in the background.

Once again -- TV is not for "agreeing" or "disagreeing". Never has been, never will be. Obviously you don't work in either media or advertising. But go ahead and quote me where I tried to tell you how shrimping works. :eusa_hand:

Not really.

The industry is dominated by asshole lefties, who spout propaganda designed to serve their ideological agenda.

ONE network is slated to present a viewpoint that does NOT piss on the OTHER half of America.

Thus Fox gets the underserved half of America, while the rest of them split up the over served half of America.

Six major multinational corporations bought up your media after the FCC was deregulated under Clinton. What had been 50 some odd companies in the game back in the 1980s is now down to 6 corporations that control ~90% of what americans see, hear, and read. That's objective reality, which you apparently have no use for.

Don't allow me to muck up your need to feel victimized and downtrodden though.

Not really.

Six major multinational corporations bought up your media after the FCC was deregulated under Clinton. What had been 50 some odd companies in the game back in the 1980s is now down to 6 corporations that control ~90% of what americans see, hear, and read. That's objective reality, which you apparently have no use for.

Nothing in that post challenges or even really addressed my post that it was supposedly responding to.

Thus my point stands.

Not really.

Nothing in that post challenges or even really addressed my post that it was supposedly responding to.

Thus my point stands.

Ah, another self declared "victor" on an anonymous chat board. Your boob tube is a propaganda tool - a mechanism by which to manage the perceptual reality of the masses - owned by 6 multinational corporations.

That's how america got tricked into a bogus war in Iraq with no questioning anywhere, including the "OTHER half of america."

The masses must be kept incoherent, anxious, divided, and seething with resentment toward one another. You sir are Exhibit A.

Not really.

Thus my point stands.

Ah, another self declared "victor" on an anonymous chat board. Your boob tube is a propaganda tool - a mechanism by which to manage the perceptual reality of the masses - owned by 6 multinational corporations.

That's how america got tricked into a bogus war in Iraq with no questioning anywhere, including the "OTHER half of america."

The masses must be kept incoherent, anxious, divided, and seething with resentment toward one another. You sir are Exhibit A.

You have done nothing to support your conspiracy theory.

And regardless if it is true, it does not challenge my point about the media being dominated by ideological asshole libs.

THus, my point, which explains the ratings still stands.

Not really.

Thus my point stands.

And regardless if it is true, it does not challenge my point about the media being dominated by ideological asshole libs.

It's just objective reality pard, deny all you need to, I don't mind, you don't matter.

Not really.

Thus my point stands.

It's just objective reality pard, deny all you need to, I don't mind, you don't matter.

NOpe. It is just our opinion.

Forum List

Back