FOX News Guest: "Strip Search All 18-28 Year Old Muslim Men At Airports"

Isn't that how the Israelis "profile"?

And quite effectively, too. But that's not what the talking heads on FOXNews are saying: they are specifically talking about so-called "Muslim-looking" men. Patterning behavior works. Problem is that it works too well: TSA behavior screeners typically nab drug smugglers BECAUSE they are exhibiting the behavioral patterns of someone who is trying to sneak something aboard a plane. But that comes with the territory. When you look for suspicious behavior, you will find suspects of all kinds.

That's what I thought and the reason why I was scratching my head when the General said that we should profile like the Israelis ... it just didn't fit with what he was saying.

The guy is an idiot.

The Isreali's haven't had a plane hijacked since the 60's. These guys are doing something right big time.

The screeners used to be part of the Isreali Govt but they are now all private contractors. They compete against each other for the position.

And quite effectively, too. But that's not what the talking heads on FOXNews are saying: they are specifically talking about so-called "Muslim-looking" men. Patterning behavior works. Problem is that it works too well: TSA behavior screeners typically nab drug smugglers BECAUSE they are exhibiting the behavioral patterns of someone who is trying to sneak something aboard a plane. But that comes with the territory. When you look for suspicious behavior, you will find suspects of all kinds.

That's what I thought and the reason why I was scratching my head when the General said that we should profile like the Israelis ... it just didn't fit with what he was saying.

The guy is an idiot.

The Isreali's haven't had a plane hijacked since the 60's. These guys are doing something right big time.

The screeners used to be part of the Isreali Govt but they are now all private contractors. They compete against each other for the position.

Well, you can't really make a direct comparison between the Israelis and the US. Firstly, the Israelis don't have to man 450 airports with thousands of flights daily involving millions of passengers. Secondly, the Israelis basically discriminate in reverse. You can't really call it racial profiling because it really isn't: every non-Israeli is scrutinized according to a set of criteria. We wouldn't be able to do that in the US with our worldwide diversity.

While Israeli security is certainly admirable, they have a different approach because they can afford to have that approach. If we adapted their procedures across the board, you'd have complaints to the high heavens. Just take a look at a couple years ago when TSA introduced a modified pat-down procedure. The US media and civil libertarian groups accused TSA screeners of groping breasts when the process involved AVOIDING directly touching the breasts.

I used to think that private contractors could do the job. I am now convinced that they cannot. Basically, it comes down to paying the lowest bidder, and with that comes getting what you paid for. Before 9/11, airport screeners were either at or just above minimum wage. I don't want to see that return.

TSA certainly has its fair share of issues. However, compared to the alternative, compared to what we had before, I accept TSA's imperfections. I still think TSA needs to make improvements, but bringing back private screeners would be a huge step backwards.

They had a decent debate on Chris Matthews the other night about "profiling" or "screening". The bottom line is that we don't have enough screeners to do it effectively. Profiling is much more practical, for example, how many Swedes will become suicide-bombers? Those 72 virgin reindeer just aren't that enticing. In reality, the only ones who will believe in suicide bombing are mostly ME males, with a few ME females mixed-in like with the two Chechyn jets downed with boob-bombs or something.

Most critical thinkers know that you will catch more bombers focusing on muslims than on Swedes or Italians or Irish, etc. We need to maximize our limited resources, and focusing/profiling muslims is the answer.

Toome the only difference between TSA Now and before is that before you fire the more abysmally incompetent slugs in much less than six months. There still basically people making slightly more than minimum wage with no other worthwhile skills than the ability to be annoying as hell and do exactly what they're told no matter how stupid.

Here about the math teacher they busted in New York for boarding an airplane with a ruler in his pocket?

Profile away I say.

Works for me!

That particular demographic seems to have the most trouble with taking explosives on airplanes or flying airplanes into occupied buildings while armed with box cutters.

Makes perfect sense that that demographic gets more attention than others.

Of course....you're gonna have the crybabies going .... "That's racist".... :rolleyes:

Since *when* was Islam a "race"? :lol:

Profile away I say.

Works for me!

That particular demographic seems to have the most trouble with taking explosives on airplanes or flying airplanes into occupied buildings while armed with box cutters.

Of course....you're gonna have the crybabies going .... "That's racist".... :rolleyes:

you should cross dress, it will probably be the only chance you have of getting your kit off infront of another human being.

Profile away I say.

Works for me!

You do realize that Muslims are black, white, brown, and yellow, right?

Awww fuck nvm, look who I'm talking too.

If you are from a Muslim country, a Muslim background, paying cash for a one way ticket, a history of Jihad, no baggage, then hell yes you profile their asses.

You liberals whine and cry about their rights. Well how about the rights of the other passengers on the airplane?

That's what is so fucked up about you stupid libs. You cry and whine about the rights of a few people but could give a fuck about the rights of the majority of the people. Just so you dont hurt the feeling of poor Mr Terrorist. Sorry fucks the lot of you.

If you are from a Muslim country, a Muslim background, paying cash for a one way ticket, a history of Jihad, no baggage, then hell yes you profile their asses.

You liberals whine and cry about their rights. Well how about the rights of the other passengers on the airplane?

That's what is so fucked up about you stupid libs. You cry and whine about the rights of a few people but could give a fuck about the rights of the majority of the people. Just so you dont hurt the feeling of poor Mr Terrorist. Sorry fucks the lot of you.
He bought a round trip ticket. If you are going to base catching terrorists on what type of ticket they purchase and how much luggage they have, you're an idiot.

He seems to not understand that there is no one entity or even a few - or a group - and especially not anyone residing in Saudi Arabia with its own royally fucked up version of Islam - that can speak for all Islam and Muslims. Islam is not like Catholicism with its Pope or Buddhism with its Dalai Lama, etc. Islam doesn't have a spokesperson. Which may be unfortunate in this situation.

I understand why some want profiling ... it's logical, it makes sense; stereotyping is faster.

And, as a matter of fact, in my quite un-PC heart of hearts (as of late), I'm myself for that kind of profiling. They'll be checked because they fit the criminal profile. Is it unfair? Fuck yeah. Does USA need to protect itself and its citizens? Hell yeah. It doesn't have anything to do with internment camps of Japanese during WWII, it is just making sure that anyone that 'fits the profile' doesn't go unchecked.

It would be the ultimate irony if the next bomber were white though ...

Last edited:

He bought a round trip ticket. If you are going to base catching terrorists on what type of ticket they purchase and how much luggage they have, you're an idiot.

The 19 terrorist that caused 9/11, the majority bought one way tickets. They carried no luggage nor checked any. Even business travelers who are flying to and from a location in the same day carry at least a briefcase.

Note to self: Don't buy a one way ticket, someone will think I'm a terrorist.

Liberals are too big of pussies to be a terrorist. They would never have the balls to blow themselves up. You have nothing to worry about.

Liberals are too big of pussies to be a terrorist. They would never have the balls to blow themselves up. You have nothing to worry about.
Good point. Your kind is more likely to be a suicide bomber. It's funny how much in common you extremist rightwingers have in common with terrorists.

Good point. Your kind is more likely to be a suicide bomber. It's funny how much in common you extremist rightwingers have in common with terrorists.

At least we dont make excuses for them like you pussy ass libs do.

Now run and hide under the bed and pray if your nice enough to terrorist they will leave your candyass alone. Pussy

No, he bought a one way ticket, had no luggage, and was going to Detroit in the middle of winter without a coat.

You have seen the news lately about the weather, right?

And yes......isLAMES come in all sizes colors and races, however, they do have a very strict belief system that dictates their grooming standards as well as what they are supposed to wear, like that silly doily they put on top of their heads, and the pajamas they wear.

So no, when someone runs around in pajamas with a doily on their head with a one way ticket and no luggage, REGARDLESS OF COLOR, they should be taken aside and searched.

It's not profiling people, it's being minimally observant.

Profile away I say.

Works for me!

You do realize that Muslims are black, white, brown, and yellow, right?

Awww fuck nvm, look who I'm talking too.

That is true, however, if the authorities have a way of knowing whether a person is Muslim and fits whatever criminal profile they created, whether the person is white, pink, or brown, they should be searched. It's unfortunate, it's unfair, but what else can you do? Do you have any alternatives in mind?

Forum List

Back