Fox News: GOP Kills Outsource-Curbing Bill

The US commerce dept, said it would hurt American companies overseas from being able to compete. I call bullshit!

The USCD is a republican bought off department.

You do realize that in a free society it's impossible to stop outsourcing by passing a law, right?

Senate GOP kills measure to curb job 'outsourcing' | Fox News

OF COURSE, this could have been avoided only if those mean old democrats didn't block a GOP measure to include an amendment to repeal the ACA.

GOP: Job Growth < Party Ideals.

Repealing ACA = Job Growth

Really, please show us how tht works?

Not really that difficult to understand.

Taking effect in 2014, the employer mandate will require small businesses with more than 50 employees to pay a $2,000 fine per employee should they fail to offer health care deemed appropriate by Mr. Obama’s bureaucrats in Washington. At a time of record-level unemployment, these job-killing policies just don’t make any sense. They drive up the costs of hiring new employees at a moment when we simply cannot afford it.

CHENG: Obama's hostility to job creators - Washington Times

By 2014 government estimates forecast an additional 4.1 percent surge in private insurance premium growth due to the law. When health care becomes more expensive, new hires become more expensive—making it more difficult for employers to take on the cost of new employees. We’re already seeing its effects. The Federal Reserve Bank President of Atlanta has noted that “the lack of clarity about the cost implications of” the new law ranks high among current hurdles to hiring.

The Entrepreneur's Dilemma - Forbes

Tim Wulf, the owner of two Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich Shops in Reno, said “Obamacare was the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

He sold off a third franchise he owned, cut employment at his stores and scuttled plans to expand in the market, he said, in part because of the potential costs and uncertainty in the health care bill.

The best estimate he could come up with was that providing health care to his 94 part-time employees, at its peak, would cost about $80,000 a year.

“Entrepreneurs are planners. They want to pencil out costs. This seems like a moving target,” said Wulf, a former economics professor who spoke with media on a conference call organized by the Romney campaign. “We don’t know what the rules are.”

Nevada waits to hear the verdict on health insurance - Sunday, June 17, 2012 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

OF COURSE, this could have been avoided only if those mean old democrats didn't block a GOP measure to include an amendment to repeal the ACA.

You might try reading your own link.....................

But the official tax analysts for Congress at the Joint Committee on Taxation said that disallowing the deduction for outsourcing expenses would raise just $14 million next year,

Try a proposal that actually does something.

Okay, but the GOP still is pushing for companies to be able to send jobs overseas, simply so they can save A LOT in labor costs.

My issue is this: America's economy is on the ropes, why is the GOP still trying to get rid of jobs?

oh my god some posters make my brain bleed. the GOP is not telling big corps to outsource okay theres no conspiracy here, u may not think it but people can think for themselves, some of us. A corporation can NOT and i repeat CAN NOT be a fish bowl in the sense it cant find one size and stay complacent, they have to grow, they have to expand, die and either be reborn or stay dead. Outsourcing is a means of business going to anotehr plateau it sucks, but its the way it goes. Heres life for business, tech is killing jobs, next time u applaud the next thing ur cellphone can do, someone is losing a job, when a tv can bake something, someone is losing a job. Thats life it sux but people want their cell phones to do things and they dont care who loses a job. The internet is killing jobs, plain and simple. Very few jobs are going to be around sooner. I personally tell lots of people go with trucking, this country needs trucks. It has a future, we're invested in the big ships, the docks, we need trucks.

I dont blame Obama for this either, this is life, it sucks but it was coming and no one listened. This is not party conspiracy nor was it engineered, some people took teh easy road and sold out principle for the big dollar, liberals and conservatives alike. Not even them just greed, u know how some people think greed is a four letter word, ITS NOT. The middle class is as greedy as the rich there it is, u have the answer. If you dont think so listen to all the ones who havent payed their taxes, they are out there.

It is insane to think one party has that kind of power, they do not let it go. Outsourcing will be here til the next fad or someone proves otherwise and comes up with a faster scheme and outsourcing will be dead. Its jsut business, it is a big beast.

I don't actually think that Rs in Gov't are invovled in some 'grand scheme' of outsourcing or anything like that.

Merely, I'm saying that its not very surprising the Republicans always seem to have 'issues' with ANY bill that could potentially hurt private-company profits.

My view on outsourcing: I'm the kind of person who will always prefer incentives over regulations (provided said incentives are effective) but I see why companies would want to outsource.

If its your business, then by all means, make as much profits as possible. However, when you start to cause unneeded harm to your workers' way of life simply so you can continue to make the profits you want, I do believe your morals have been corrupted by greed.

Breif sum: Profits aren't just good, THEY'RE GREAT!:D However, when you prioritise profits over people, you're crossing a line.

i can conur with most of ur idealogy. The problem is that profits are good, who are they profiting. If a company in the US is doing good and employing people and those people ahve jobs insurance and a good life, im all for it. if its profiting people in other countries i hate it, if its profiting americans in other countries to had to move to those countries to keep their jobs, it sucks but okay.

So in most parts i agree with u, i just want to know where the profits are going.

The GOP has the majority in the Senate? When the fuck did that happen?

The lockstep, Nazi-style, "no compromise, Un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME) has filibustered EVERYTHING sice 2/4/2010, MORON PPMbot. And lie about it 100% of the time. ( "Obama had total control for 2 years", Obama policies have failed" HORSESHYTTE!!). See sig, Pub dupe.

Pubs lie cheat and steal nonstop, will do nothing to help the country until Obama is reelected LOL, Pub DUPES are so stupid and brainwashed and hateful it's pathetic. GD ugly 'Mericans....

Thosre Pub "jobs bills" are ALL Pubcrappe propaganda that would do nothing for years, are all based on screwing the environment or the workers. READ SOMETHING!

Senate GOP kills measure to curb job &#39;outsourcing&#39; | Fox News

The bill would forbid companies from deducting the expenses of moving workers or operations overseas from the U.S., and would offer a 20 percent credit for the costs of shifting workers back home.

republicans are bought by corporations

the expenses of moving workers ...

that is interesting - if it is for cheap labour why move the workers ??? -

oh, not the workers the management that will be running the cheap labour ... keeping their salaries the same, Tea Party Republicans.

oh my god some posters make my brain bleed. the GOP is not telling big corps to outsource okay theres no conspiracy here, u may not think it but people can think for themselves, some of us. A corporation can NOT and i repeat CAN NOT be a fish bowl in the sense it cant find one size and stay complacent, they have to grow, they have to expand, die and either be reborn or stay dead. Outsourcing is a means of business going to anotehr plateau it sucks, but its the way it goes. Heres life for business, tech is killing jobs, next time u applaud the next thing ur cellphone can do, someone is losing a job, when a tv can bake something, someone is losing a job. Thats life it sux but people want their cell phones to do things and they dont care who loses a job. The internet is killing jobs, plain and simple. Very few jobs are going to be around sooner. I personally tell lots of people go with trucking, this country needs trucks. It has a future, we're invested in the big ships, the docks, we need trucks.

I dont blame Obama for this either, this is life, it sucks but it was coming and no one listened. This is not party conspiracy nor was it engineered, some people took teh easy road and sold out principle for the big dollar, liberals and conservatives alike. Not even them just greed, u know how some people think greed is a four letter word, ITS NOT. The middle class is as greedy as the rich there it is, u have the answer. If you dont think so listen to all the ones who havent payed their taxes, they are out there.

It is insane to think one party has that kind of power, they do not let it go. Outsourcing will be here til the next fad or someone proves otherwise and comes up with a faster scheme and outsourcing will be dead. Its jsut business, it is a big beast.

I don't actually think that Rs in Gov't are invovled in some 'grand scheme' of outsourcing or anything like that.

Merely, I'm saying that its not very surprising the Republicans always seem to have 'issues' with ANY bill that could potentially hurt private-company profits.

My view on outsourcing: I'm the kind of person who will always prefer incentives over regulations (provided said incentives are effective) but I see why companies would want to outsource.

If its your business, then by all means, make as much profits as possible. However, when you start to cause unneeded harm to your workers' way of life simply so you can continue to make the profits you want, I do believe your morals have been corrupted by greed.

Breif sum: Profits aren't just good, THEY'RE GREAT!:D However, when you prioritise profits over people, you're crossing a line.

i can conur with most of ur idealogy. The problem is that profits are good, who are they profiting. If a company in the US is doing good and employing people and those people ahve jobs insurance and a good life, im all for it. if its profiting people in other countries i hate it, if its profiting americans in other countries to had to move to those countries to keep their jobs, it sucks but okay.

So in most parts i agree with u, i just want to know where the profits are going.

Ideally, America.

Forum List

Back