FOX News Gives 4.5 min to Top Tier Candidate.

You know what? I could give a rat's ass about any 'top tier candidates". They are all a bunch of hot air to me. None sincere. All with their narrow little agendas based on their narrow thinking little interest group.

We know who the corporatists/establishment wants and it aint Dr. Paul. What does that tell you?
There are plenty of corporatists and establishment hacks who'd be perfectly happy to keep your matinée idol Boiking in the White House...What's that say about you?

Looking at the current Repub line-up, he's heads and shoulders above them. I also remember reading that the serious candidates were sitting-out this election which has proven to be true in my estimation. Did you bother to watch the debate? I didn't zzz. The couple of candidates that have a chance of winning the independents in the General won't win the Primaries because the far-right want a fire-breathing conservative (who can also be bought).
There probably isn't a nicer man on the planet than Congressman Paul. Unfortunately, a lot of people fear his cuts would be improper if he is talking about cutting vets' benefits that were promised them for risking their lives to fight for the common defense. If he did such a thing, he would be throwing aside his Oath of Office which says he must provide for the common defense, constitutionally, which would include promises made by the American people to the vets. Yet, he wants to cut spending to the point where the budget can be balanced, which is a good thing if people are cared for in accordance with their expectations of being able to afford medical care for themselves and their children, Congressman Paul has the best supporters, though. They are passionately good Patriots and have a well-developed sense of the founders, most of whom wondered out loud if we could keep the republic.

However, those who think he hasn't much of a chance seem to be backed up by polls, although there is always the caveat that one never knows exactly for whom Americans will actually vote.

I like many of the candidates who are running. More than I can say. I tend to favor Governor Perry, but I truly like almost all of his rivals and would be pleased to call any one of them Mr. President or Mme. President.

Looking at the current Repub line-up

Ahhh, you mean we will get a fresh new line up? I can't wait. Hopefully they have a Lincoln amongst them.

The MSN does a horrible job of moderating the debates based on polling data or they are ignoring this guy on purpose.

Ron Paul is polling solid 3rd and has surpassed Perry in the latest poll done in New Hampshire. He has some of the best polling at beating Obama in a General Election.

He has the most active military donations of all the other GOP Candidates combined. Here is the 4.5 minutes. I want to hear this guy speak and I am sick of Rick Perry getting special treatment from FOX on banner placement(The only guy allowed to post huge banners of the rafters). Let me make the decision on who I want to be President, I am getting sick of this.

Ron Paul Highlights in 9/22/2011 Presidential Debate - YouTube

I agree completely.

Ron Paul's not a top-tier candidate. Nice try, though.

Really?? I mean are you so fucking dense that I have to type it all out agian?

Ok, here goes.

Ron Paul consistantly wins every debate, he consistantly wins or by the narrowist margins loses straw polls. Fox news even mentioned last night that Ron Paul generates over double the internet searches as any other candidate. Now he is consistantly polling third place, and I believe he is polling second on beating Obama.

Ron Paul is the frontrunner of the primary, he is just being shunned by big brother. Why? Cause he isnt going to trim the fat from the edges, he is going to chop the whole pig.

Americans need to wake up, your media is manipulating you. You are not free. Your TV tells you lies. Seek indipendant media.

1t0r3931_540x360.jpg

Sure looks top tier to me. But then were talking about the guy that didnt get a single interview after losing by less then 150 votes in the one straw poll he lost.

I mean really, get a fucking clue. Sheeple like you is why we are where we are. Just lazy incompetence waiting on TV to tell you what to think, how to dress, what music to listen to and what to buy.
Ron Paul wins every debate?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Christ, in the first debate he was asked about abortion, and ended up rambling on about his screwy foreign policy.......In the second debate, he stated Iran should have nukes (End of any chance right there)......In the third debate, he was asked about healthcare, looked thoroughy confused, and then just seemed to pull a rambling answer out of his ass. And the when asked about FEMA, he started rambling on about removing air conditioners from Afganistan.

The man should NEVER be anywhere near the oval office......He was already a bit of a loon, and it looks as though his age is catching up with him mindwise.:cuckoo:

And reading through your post, it seems you're a lil' paranoid and off center.....Are you a twoofer by any chance?

Just curious.

Last edited:
I have neither as postive a perception about Ron Paul as some on this thread nor anywhere near as negative a perception as some on this thread.

But Ron Paul, though he could win a straw poll here and there, won't win even one primary and the reason is:

"Because he is an old, less attractive, seemingly Fed-raving lunatic, he won’t win against a more attractive, more articulate, wide smiling, welcoming American."--Zeke Phillps in the BusinessInsider.

But even if you get past that brutal and unfortunate fact, there are also rather large speed bumps Ron Paul has to get over among those things he is on the record as supporting:

1. Believes that Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are unconstitutional, and has compared the failure of federal courts to strike them down to the courts’ failure to abolish slavery in the 19th century. This is seen as an extremist view on the Left and Right and without some kind of moderating 'soothing' transition, it scares the crap out of those 55 and older.

2. Lay Off Half His Cabinet: Wants to abolish half of all federal agencies, including the departments of Energy, Education, Agriculture, Commerce, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and Labor. Some of these he gets a lot of sympathy from all on the Right and probably a few on the Left. But he does not reassure us in those things that ARE the prerogative of the Federal Government to regulate.

3. Would let states to set their own policies on abortion, gay marriage, prayer in school, and most other issues. He has me on his side with most of that, but loses the extreme right with some and almost all of the Left with the rest.

4. Stop Policing the Environment: Believes that climate change is no big deal and the Environmental Protection Agency is unnecessary. Most environmental problems can be addressed by enforcing private-property rights. Paul also thinks that interstate issues such as air pollution are best dealt with through compacts between states.
Again he is aligned with some here and with others elsewhere, but even I who DEPLORE the heavy handed tactics of the EPA do not want to give one state the right to foul the air, water, soil of its neighbors.

5. Would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 because it was a “massive violation of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of a free society.” This one gets really complicated and while those on the Right do strongly support Civil Rights, the suggestion that this was a bad bill loses him massive support on the Left.

6. Paul has said he wants to legalize prostitution at the federal level. I suspect he meant the Feds would stay out of it and let the states do what they want, but he loses the more conservative values segment of voters with this one.

7. Legalize All Drugs including cocaine and heroin. The debate on this one is not yet settled and this as part of his 'platform' would make a lot of voters nervous.

8. He opposed the Bin Laden Raid and instead of authorizing the Navy Seals to take him out, President Paul would have sought Pakistan’s cooperation to arrest him. Or at the very least Congress should have declared war. This one is a sticky wicket isn't it.

So hands down, Ron Paul supporters are fanatical in their support, well trained in how to manipulate polls etc., and the old boy really does have some ideas that get us all excited.

But when it comes time to choose the candidate to 'pull the lever' for in the primary, very few will actually do that for him. He is seen as too extreme and holds too many views that have not yet been fully debated out on the national scene.

Last edited:
what can happen between now and February? Humor me.

Rick drops out... or is just rejected fully and people look for someone else to back being a huge amount of people hate Mitt.

Ron Paul's biggest problem is not that people don't like him or not that people don’t know him... It's that the media and retards like you spam us with Ron Paul can't win. If Ron Paul won first or second place in one of the first primaries that could be huge for him in making him look like he can win.

One thing you forget is RP can raise money like whoa. Most struggle to just keep up, meaning others will drop out and RP can keep going strong and if a spot opens he might be the guy to fill it.

I hate to break this to you, but you may be wrong. Ive met alot of conservatives that actually do hate Ron Paul. They think his positions are suicidal.

I don't hate him but some of his positions arent very well thoughtout and can lead to catostrophic devastation.

I mean im not going to say he's unelectable. I dont believe anyone is. But I think you may not realize how may people really dont like him.

I understand and I don’t care. In fact your post comes off as naive. You seem to suggest that there are not massive amount of Republicans that don’t like Rick Perry, Mitt or Santorum and Cain… Sure, I know and understand there are many that don’t like Ron Paul but to even make it out as if that’s some oddity that is unique to RP is absurd. Hell we had McCain, one of the most hated Republicans I know by other Republicans and now we have Mitt, pretty much in the same boat and they are the “front runners.”

Every candidate has something about them that many can claim would be devastating to the country.

This is not an attack on you, just what I think of what you had to say.

Last edited:
Go back and read the Constitution. The POTUS has the power to petition the Congress. As to Iraq and Astan? Permission was given per the letter of the law.

Did Obama get permission for Libya?

Get it?

... sigh
Naturally YOU as a PAULBOT would sigh...Constitution says what it does.

Get over it.

Well let me ask you Constitutional Scholar, what is the purpose of a declaration of war?

Simple question for Paul fans

What states would he win primaries in? And he won't win his home state of Texas

Well in 2008 he placed second in Nevada, so I would think he would do very well in Nevada off the top of my head. Look at Perry's negatives in Texas, I can't say Paul will win Texas but I would make a pretty heavy bet that he would do way better than Perry in Texas. Also, Perry will not be a serious contender come Primary time.

Look at why they cancelled the Texas Straw Poll,(Yes, I understand it is a straw poll) lack of interest or they didn't want Perry to embarrassed in his governing state.

I have neither as postive a perception about Ron Paul as some on this thread nor anywhere near as negative a perception as some on this thread.

But Ron Paul, though he could win a straw poll here and there, won't win even one primary and the reason is:

"Because he is an old, less attractive, seemingly Fed-raving lunatic, he won’t win against a more attractive, more articulate, wide smiling, welcoming American."--Zeke Phillps in the BusinessInsider.

But even if you get past that brutal and unfortunate fact, there are also rather large speed bumps Ron Paul has to get over among those things he is on the record as supporting:

1. Believes that Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are unconstitutional, and has compared the failure of federal courts to strike them down to the courts’ failure to abolish slavery in the 19th century. This is seen as an extremist view on the Left and Right and without some kind of moderating 'soothing' transition, it scares the crap out of those 55 and older.

2. Lay Off Half His Cabinet: Wants to abolish half of all federal agencies, including the departments of Energy, Education, Agriculture, Commerce, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, and Labor. Some of these he gets a lot of sympathy from all on the Right and probably a few on the Left. But he does not reassure us in those things that ARE the prerogative of the Federal Government to regulate.

3. Would let states to set their own policies on abortion, gay marriage, prayer in school, and most other issues. He has me on his side with most of that, but loses the extreme right with some and almost all of the Left with the rest.

4. Stop Policing the Environment: Believes that climate change is no big deal and the Environmental Protection Agency is unnecessary. Most environmental problems can be addressed by enforcing private-property rights. Paul also thinks that interstate issues such as air pollution are best dealt with through compacts between states.
Again he is aligned with some here and with others elsewhere, but even I who DEPLORE the heavy handed tactics of the EPA do not want to give one state the right to foul the air, water, soil of its neighbors.

5. Would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 because it was a “massive violation of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of a free society.” This one gets really complicated and while those on the Right do strongly support Civil Rights, the suggestion that this was a bad bill loses him massive support on the Left.

6. Paul has said he wants to legalize prostitution at the federal level. I suspect he meant the Feds would stay out of it and let the states do what they want, but he loses the more conservative values segment of voters with this one.

7. Legalize All Drugs including cocaine and heroin. The debate on this one is not yet settled and this as part of his 'platform' would make a lot of voters nervous.

8. He opposed the Bin Laden Raid and instead of authorizing the Navy Seals to take him out, President Paul would have sought Pakistan’s cooperation to arrest him. Or at the very least Congress should have declared war. This one is a sticky wicket isn't it.

So hands down, Ron Paul supporters are fanatical in their support, well trained in how to manipulate polls etc., and the old boy really does have some ideas that get us all excited.

But when it comes time to choose the candidate to 'pull the lever' for in the primary, very few will actually do that for him. He is seen as too extreme and holds too many views that have not yet been fully debated out on the national scene.

Would you at least concede that he is the one shaping the national debate?

Simple question for Paul fans

What states would he win primaries in? And he won't win his home state of Texas

Well in 2008 he placed second in Nevada, so I would think he would do very well in Nevada off the top of my head. Look at Perry's negatives in Texas, I can't say Paul will win Texas but I would make a pretty heavy bet that he would do way better than Perry in Texas. Also, Perry will not be a serious contender come Primary time.

Look at why they cancelled the Texas Straw Poll,(Yes, I understand it is a straw poll) lack of interest or they didn't want Perry to embarrassed in his governing state.

If every state were a straw poll, Paul might have a chance

Yeah,....he's fully proven many times that he's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, should NEVER occupy the oval office, and there is no way in hell he could sit down and discuss serious issues with world leaders, without going off on one of his rambling tangents that have nothing to do with the issues at hand.

Like living within Constitutional bounds and not starting decades-long wars?
Go back and read the Constitution. The POTUS has the power to petition the Congress. As to Iraq and Astan? Permission was given per the letter of the law.

Did Obama get permission for Libya?

Get it?

WRONGO

The Iraq war is not constitutional. There was never an agreement from congress to attack Iraq. Bush used executive order after shoving through a 'security' bill that gave him power to use the military for small engagments in the new 'war on terror' (almost put war on ideal's here but then I remembered my audience). You remember, back in the post 9/11 days when you either went with the facism or you were agianst America??

The Iraq war was unconstitutional, illeagal, based on lies and misinformation, and unneeded. I thought this was common knowlage, but then you dont have much knowlage.

Ty for a post that was on topic and contains more then what a child could do.

Yes, Ron Pauls ideals are vastly different then what we have heard for a long time. But they are not new ideals, and they are not that radical either. They have only become radical in the last 30 years or so.

Either way, I dont think any of this makes him unelectable, I think it is exactly what makes him electable. Everyone knows the country is going in the wrong direction. Everyone knows that we are much less free now then America was for our parents. Everyone knows our economic system is a total failure. Most people know we are heading towards an economic collapse, even if they dont understand why.

With regards to social security and entitlements Ron Paul has stated on numurous occasions that 'we have trained two generations to be dependant on the government and we cannot just take that away. It will have to be gradual and phased out, a good way to start is by letting the youth opt out of social security' (rought quote). Media just chooses to ignore this and instead demonize him.

All the rest of your posts is regarding returning power to the states, which I am 100% for. Anything to decentralize power would be a good thing. Returning democracy to the state level will make democracy work better for everyone.

I would also point out that the president is not the dictator, and Ron Paul has stated on numorous occasions that he will not write one single piece of legislation from executive order. So that means that the rest of the government has to agree before its law.

Forum List

Back