Fox News fudges the numbers again, this time on Global Warming

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Fox News fiddles with climate change polling | Media Matters for America

Do you want to know how serious the "Climategate" hacked e-mail scandal is? It's so serious that, according to Rasmussen, 120 percent of Americans have an opinion on it. At least, that's what I learned from watching the December 4 edition of Fox & Friends, which featured this graphic:

$fnc-20091204-raspoll.jpg

What happened? Well, here's the Rasmussen poll Fox & Friends cited. They asked respondents: "In order to support their own theories and beliefs about global warming, how likely is it that some scientists have falsified research data?" According to the poll, 35 percent thought it very likely, 24 percent somewhat likely, 21 percent not very likely, and 5 percent not likely at all (15 percent weren't sure).

Fox News' graphics department added together the "very likely" and "somewhat likely" numbers to reach 59 percent, and called that new group "somewhat likely." Then, for some reason, they threw in the 35 percent "very likely" as their own group, even though they already added that number to the "somewhat likely" percentage. Then they mashed together the "not very likely" and "not likely at all" groups, and threw the 15 percent who were unsure into the waste bin. Voila -- 120 percent.

When in doubt, make shit up. :lol:

Do you want to know how serious the "Climategate" hacked e-mail scandal is? It's so serious that, according to Rasmussen, 120 percent of Americans have an opinion on it. At least, that's what I learned from watching the December 4 edition of Fox & Friends, which featured this graphic:

View attachment 8930

What happened? Well, here's the Rasmussen poll Fox & Friends cited. They asked respondents: "In order to support their own theories and beliefs about global warming, how likely is it that some scientists have falsified research data?" According to the poll, 35 percent thought it very likely, 24 percent somewhat likely, 21 percent not very likely, and 5 percent not likely at all (15 percent weren't sure).

Fox News' graphics department added together the "very likely" and "somewhat likely" numbers to reach 59 percent, and called that new group "somewhat likely." Then, for some reason, they threw in the 35 percent "very likely" as their own group, even though they already added that number to the "somewhat likely" percentage. Then they mashed together the "not very likely" and "not likely at all" groups, and threw the 15 percent who were unsure into the waste bin. Voila -- 120 percent.

it worked for CRU

When in doubt, make shit up.
Of course, you're okay with scientists just making shit up when it comes to Goebbels warming, but this -- which simply could have been an intern's mistake -- earns your pissant wrath.

Because FNC is definitely more of a threat to this country, in you're little world than terrorists, or what's called "watermelon Marxists" or, anything else!:lol::lol::lol:

"Media Matters..." SO funny!

View attachment 8930

it worked for CRU

sad post

Name some of the things CNN or MSNBC has done to compete with Fox's outright lies and blunders.

View attachment 8930

And this is now the second time I've seen an idiot actually use a doctored screenshot here to try and PRETEND Fox actually showed a chart that showed more than 100%! What -it didn't work the first time so try, try again or what? This is going to be a regular feature here now of one idiot after another showing another doctored screenshot for no reason but the fact they just WANT it to be true? The person really guilty of just making shit up here -wasn't Fox. How does it feel to be such a tool?

And don't you find it odd that the liberal media in this country has been avoiding fully reporting on this story -although European media have been less reluctant to avoid this story? Apparently not - since your REAL outrage seems to be entirely reserved for a doctored, phony screenshot. Personally it bothers me a hell of a lot more that if I want to hear the FULL news in this country, the majority of media outlets are hell bent on filtering my news and burying stories in order to PREVENT me from finding out what is really going on the world - and therefore cannot be trusted to give me the FULL and UNFILTERED NEWS.

That SHOULD have bothered you a lot more than a phony pranked up screenshot -that had it really been true, would have been jumped on big time and reported by the likes of CNN and ABC. While they won't tell you the full story of what is actually THE biggest global conspiracy in the history of man -they sure as hell would have been reporting on a Fox screw-up like this if it had been true. The fact none of them are should have been your first clue -and discovering what is actually THE only original source for this phony, doctored screenshot should have been your second one.

Your entire post actually told us all a lot more about you and not a darn thing about Fox.

And this is now the second time I've seen an idiot actually use a doctored screenshot here to try and PRETEND Fox actually showed a chart that showed more than 100%! What -it didn't work the first time so try, try again or what? This is going to be a regular feature here now of one idiot after another showing another doctored screenshot for no reason but the fact they just WANT it to be true?

Before you cry, whine, and run your mouth. Might want to watch the video at the bottom of the link. You have just made a fool of yourself. :lol:

Last edited:

View attachment 8930

"When in doubt, make shit up" , Funny at first yes, but how many are doing this as a 'matter of fact' on a daily basis? Hard to believe that FOX is still using their 'motto' "Fair & Balanced".

I wonder if they should modify or change it to read, "_______________" Fill in the Blank.:lol:

"When in doubt, make shit up" , Funny at first yes, but how many are doing this as a 'matter of fact' on a daily basis? Hard to believe that FOX is still using their 'motto' "Fair & Balanced".

I wonder if they should modify or change it to read, "_______________" Fill in the Blank.:lol:

You don't see the part in white after "Fair and Balanced". It actually reads, "Fair and Balanced..To Republicans" :lol:

Forum List

Back