Fox News Fires Bob Beckel

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
bobbeckel16x9.jpg

"Fox News has officially dropped 'The Five' co-host Bob Beckel from the network, saying the show could no longer be held 'hostage' to his personal issues," Dylan Byers of Politico reported earlier* this afternoon:

Best news ever. And it also states he went off air to fight “an addiction to pain killers.”

Huhn? Wait a second! Where was the media hoo-rah about him being addiction to drugs? They same outraged hype we heard about Rush?

A bit of bias in the media? How can that be?

Anyone want to guess how long it will take until he shows up on MSNBC\?

Read more @ Fox News Fires Bob Beckel

Rush is far more a popular and influential figure than Bob Beckel has ever been. I gather that played a large role in why there was so much attention brought to his addiction as opposed to Beckel's.

The left will find every excuse imaginable for Beckel (except for the ones who saw him as a traitor for being on Fox).

Not the world's worst lefty in my book.

Feel sorry for anyone whose addictions cost them a job. Had to let a guy with a drinking problem go once and it was the only canning I ever felt bad about.

Bob is a recovering alcoholic/drug user.He went in for back surgery and was told he might get addicted to the pain meds which happened...
That was the last story I read about him until this....
He was a bit obnoxious on The Five but they seemed to deal with him...
I didn't like him on the show but I didn't hate him....

He really belongs on MSNBC.

Bob exemplifies the difficulty of finding reasoned progressive voices in the broadcast media. It is much easier to write an unchallenged opinion piece than it is to defend it in an open-dialogue environment without resorting to obfuscation and cheap debate tactics (e.g., character assassination).

Hmm, Rush Limbaugh became addicted after botched back surgery, overcame the addiction rather quickly, and is still being harangued by every liberal in the world on a daily basis as if he were still using drugs. Beckel, on the other hand, gets a complete pass. Yeah, he got fired but conservatives don't attack him and kick him while he's down. They may still criticize him for his politics but they are understanding of his drug problem and wish him well as he deals with it. It could happen to anyone, regardless of their political views but of course when it happens to a conservative they can't resist the opportunity to pile on like a gang of thugs moving in for the kill. Real classy people, those liberals.

Forum List

Back