FOX News, "Fair and Balanced"? Not according to the people that work there.

As the propaganda arm of the Republican party, Fox is free to use any rhetoric they choose. If they want to call themselves "Fair and Balanced" they can do that too

Yellow Journalism has been around since the printing press was invented

There are still many questions of who really killed kenedy and why. You can never prove who put Oswald up to this and wether others were involved. The fact that he was allowed to be shot shorty after the crime makes it impossible to know all the facts. It is this mans opinion and not a lie

Now how the fuck is it opinion or merely part of the facts to label republican after republican with the dem label when they embarass the party?

How the fuck is it opinion or merely part of the facts to alter peoples faces to make them less appealing?

Now how in the fuck is it opinion or partial facts to state in court that the news has no burden under the law to tell the truth?

How the fuck is it partial facts to FIRE reporters who refused to lie?

How the fuck is it partial facts or opinion to tell your news employees to FRAME an argument so that the people dont UNDERSTAND the real facts surrounding legislation?

Media matters has a much better record than fox and any sane person not filled with propaganda can see this.

So opinions are not lies? Cool, that means opinion program hosts like Beck and Hannity cannot be called liars.

Tell me why did Media Matters print a correction on the Glenn Beck, Shirley Sherrod story stating, "The original headline on this clip did not make clear that Beck’s co-hosts were being satirical when they linked MSNBC host Keith Olbermann to the Manchester shooting. The original clip also did not include their subsequent statements that Olbermann was not responsible for the shooting. Media Matters regrets the error" if they were honest in the first place?

More Lies from Media Matters:

TheMediaReport.com :: Media Matters Lies, Busted in Kincaid, AIM smear

Media Matters Lies Again, This Time About Obama Intimidating Supreme Court

Media Matters Lies About Vote Fraud Reporting – Obama Justice Department Talks Tough While Encouraging Fraud The IUSB Vision Weblog

when will you say anything about the original post?

You just keep putting up things for me to refute and posting oppinions from right wing sites.

WHEN will you address the FACTS given you about Fox??????

Quit diverting the converstation and say something about the cold hard facts presented here that FOX lies it ass off.

No one cares Beck gives his oppinion they abject to the lies he uses to pretend his oppinions have merit.

I went through the links you posted and couldn't find the lies. It's funny, I was watching Fox and they played a clip of Obama saying, "I'm going to raise your taxes", but I had watched that speech and the entire line was "Republicans keep saying.....I'm going to raise your taxes". Now that is a lie.

Sarah Palin saying we are friends with North Korea is the truth. She corrected herself after someone told her through her ear piece, that's what they are for (I'm assuming this since everyone that works at Fox wears an earpiece). Not the same thing. Or when McCain said Iran trains al Qaeda. He corrected himself after Joe L. told him he was mistaken. But he believed it. So does Sarah. Besides, no one really believes she even knows where North or South Korea is anyway. Right?

Instead of the right wing having any kind of "standard", they always point to the left and say, "See, look at what they did".

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont give a rats ass about individual shows. Fox lies.

They run tickers with republicans who have shamed themselves and label them dems.

They alter peoples faces and tell flat out lies.

They sued to be allowed to lie.

You defending a station that calls itself fair and balanced who obviously lies shows you dont mind lies.

Nice to know you're tuning in to Fox. I bet they appreciate your viewership, your helping to keep them number one in the ratings. WTG!

Oh and your concession to my challenge is duly noted.

NO, I don't believe they are.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/09/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-december-8-2010/74929

Cable News Ratings July 2010: Fox News Dominates, MSNBC Tops CNN

Cable News Ratings: Top 30 Programs In Q1 2010 (PHOTOS)

Ratings - TVNewser

Cable News Ratings: Fox News Has Highest Rated Year In Network History - 2009-12-16 23:40:42 | Broadcasting & Cable

As the propaganda arm of the Republican party, Fox is free to use any rhetoric they choose. If they want to call themselves "Fair and Balanced" they can do that too

Lies should be challenged dont you think?

I went through the links you posted and couldn't find the lies. It's funny, I was watching Fox and they played a clip of Obama saying, "I'm going to raise your taxes", but I had watched that speech and the entire line was "Republicans keep saying.....I'm going to raise your taxes". Now that is a lie.

Sarah Palin saying we are friends with North Korea is the truth. She corrected herself after someone told her through her ear piece, that's what they are for (I'm assuming this since everyone that works at Fox wears an earpiece). Not the same thing. Or when McCain said Iran trains al Qaeda. He corrected himself after Joe L. told him he was mistaken. But he believed it. So does Sarah. Besides, no one really believes she even knows where North or South Korea is anyway. Right?

Instead of the right wing having any kind of "standard", they always point to the left and say, "See, look at what they did".

Perhaps if you weren't so stupid you could see their deliberate attempts to decieve aka "lying".

So you base your opinions on assumptions?

Isn't that why we have Jon Stewart?

Isn't that why we have Jon Stewart?

Yes you have a comedian that challenges the alleged lies. It's to be expected from you liberal idiots.

Why are you obsessed with Fox? You act like they are the only ones who do this.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican.

Republicans are 90% white and vote in lockstep.

I am rdean and I live in an alternate universe.

Just once you should try posting about something that has nothing to do with any of your usual tripe. Call it a Christmas present to USMB. If you don't do Christmas because it is a right-wing-nut racist holiday call it a New Years present/resolution.

Just once.

They are the only ones who do that.

Yes you have a comedian that challenges the alleged lies. It's to be expected from you liberal idiots.

I guess that is why Jon Stewart is more respected than Fox News

Prove it.

jon_stewart_flag_background.jpg

Two months prior to Sammon's 2009 memo, Republican pollster Frank Luntz appeared on Sean Hannity's August 18 Fox News program. Luntz scolded Hannity for referring to the "public option" and encouraged Hannity to use "government option" instead.

Luntz argued that "if you call it a 'public option,' the American people are split," but that "if you call it the 'government option,' the public is overwhelmingly against it." Luntz explained that the program would be "sponsored by the government" and falsely claimed that it would also be "paid for by the government."

"You know what," Hannity replied, "it's a great point, and from now on, I'm going to call it the government option."

LEAKED EMAIL: Fox boss caught slanting news reporting | Media Matters for America

From: Sammon, Bill ( Fox News' Washington managing editor)
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:23 AM
To: 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Subject: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

1) Please use the term "government-run health insurance" or, when brevity is a concern, "government option," whenever possible.

2) When it is necessary to use the term "public option" (which is, after all, firmly ensconced in the nation's lexicon), use the qualifier "so-called," as in "the so-called public option."

3) Here's another way to phrase it: "The public option, which is the government-run plan."

4) When newsmakers and sources use the term "public option" in our stories, there's not a lot we can do about it, since quotes are of course sacrosanct.

From: Clemente, Michael (Fox's senior vice president for news)
To: Sammon, Bill; 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Sent: Tue Oct 27 08:45:29 2009
Subject: RE: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

Thank you Bill

#3 on your list is the preferred way to say it, write it, use it.

Michael Clemente

SVP-News

212.XXX.XXXX

"A lot of the reporters are conservative and are glad to pick up news. But there is a point at which it is no longer reporting, but distorting things."

From using the "Correct phrases to outright lying".

I wonder how many Americans still believe that Obama took a trip that cost 200 million dollars a day?

but.. but.. Fox fans are never wrong!

Why are you obsessed with Fox? You act like they are the only ones who do this.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican.

Republicans are 90% white and vote in lockstep.

I am rdean and I live in an alternate universe.

Just once you should try posting about something that has nothing to do with any of your usual tripe. Call it a Christmas present to USMB. If you don't do Christmas because it is a right-wing-nut racist holiday call it a New Years present/resolution.

Just once.

Rdean's Letter to Santa.

Dear Old White Dude

I bet you vote Republican. 94% of kids my age agree you're a wealthy liar who robs poor working people of their right to have everything you have worked for.

So, this Christmas I would like:

All Republicans to die quickly and soon so we decent people can have their stuff.

Rdean.

God is a Republican, Santa is a Democrat.- P. J. O'Rourke

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.” - Saul Alinsky

Unbelievable.

cold hard evidence emerges that Fox news is propaganda and NOT NEWS and what does the right on here do?

They insult the person who brought them the cold hard facts.

This is why this country is so fucked up.

The right lives by lies and spews hate on anyone who reminds them of their lies.

I don't need proof that Fox, MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. lie, I am smart enough to have figured it out for myself a long time ago. What I am insulting is the people like you, and rdean, who refuse to admit, despite abundant evidence, that Fox is not the only ones that do it.

I would hope ANY American would care enough about the truth and the importance of truth in our decision making process in this country to spoew hate on the lies instead of the person who informed them of the lies.

Some think this is just a cute game, its the ability of our coutnry to move in the right direction.

When you allow lies and propaganda to build you position on the issues you allow America to be stolen from us.

When when when will the right care as much about this country as they do about Fox news?

If the OP is accurate then it is basically indefensible. Some people can't bring themselves to admit it but they feel they have to say something so you wind up with a bunch of attacks directed at the messenger.

Is it also indefensible when NBC does a report about exploding gas tanks and has to explode the tank manually to prove that it happens, or is it only indefensible when fox does it?

Forum List

Back