Fox News .. Democrat Favorite

Makes sense to me. Definitely explains why Democrat politicians hate Fox. They can't control the people that way

Well here's why I hate Fox News.

washingtonpost.com
Beck has achieved this in part because he is willing to do what other leading right-wing talkers are not: "to give a platform to the conspiracy theorists and anti-government extremists," as the Anti-Defamation League puts it. His fellow Fox News host Bill O'Reilly once said Beck succeeds because he is willing to "take it five steps further than I do."

At the heart of Beck's technique of amplifying fringe theories is his obsession with Nazism. For much of the past 70 years, there has been an unwritten rule in U.S. political debate: Avoid Hitler accusations. Once you liken your opponent to the Nazis, any form of rational discussion becomes impossible. But Beck, it seems, has a Nazi fetish. In his first 18 months on Fox News, from early 2009 through the middle of this year, he and his guests invoked Hitler 147 times. Nazis, an additional 202 times. Fascism or fascists, 193 times. The Holocaust got 76 mentions, and Joseph Goebbels got 24.

O'Reilly is a saint compared to this lying, phony warrior who grabs the attention of 14 million people every day bowing at his feet.

I've tried to listen to Beck, ORielly and Hannity on occasion and I just can't. It's like Oberman or Mahr except fanatically biased the other way.

I do enjoy the Brett Bair report nightly which is news and features a discussion that regularly carries the thoughts of Charles Krauthammer, Juan williams and Mara Liason. I also watch the parts of FOX and Friends during the morning between shower and so forth after I get the weather from whichever local affiliate was on when I went to bed.

After the discussion part of the Bair Show, i will usually watch about 10 to 15 minutes of the News that follows, Shepherd Smith. News now a days is quite depressing and watching is an at the risk of your happiness kind of avocation.

If you are trying to find evidence of an approach to news on a network by sampling the opinion shows, you will find nothing. It's like judging the news content of ABC by analyzing Live with Regis and Kelly.

All of that said, I do recall allot of coverage of the TEA Party events early on, that is to say last march or April of 2009, but recently, not much if any at all except to say that it happened and a crowd showed up.

Forum List

Back