Fox News .. Democrat Favorite

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Yup.. Fox News is the favorite of Democrats according to Pew research...That's nice...

--------------------------------------:eusa_eh:

It's wildly counterintuitive, at least if you believe the chattering-class wisdom that only tea-party yahoos watch Fox News. But if a survey released Monday by the Pew Research Center for People and the Press is accurate, at any given moment there are more Democrats watching Fox News than MSNBC or CNN.

According to Pew, 53 percent of MSNBC's viewers identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 47 percent at CNN and 21 percent at Fox News. Applying those percentages to the August Nielsen ratings, it means that the average number of Democrats watching Fox News is 214,200. MSNBC has 199,810 Democrats, and CNN 179,070.*

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/changing_channels/2010/09/cable-news-fair-and-balanced-audiences.html

Last edited:
Fuck Fox.

Fox-Cablevision dispute threatens MLB broadcasts - Yahoo! News
Cablevision says it pays $70 million a year for access to 12 Fox channels, including those in dispute, and that News Corp. is now asking for more than $150 million a year for the same programming. It said Thursday that it is willing to submit to binding arbitration and called on Fox not to pull the plug.

Double the amount? Puleeze. Are times that tough for billionnaire Murdoch? Or have ratings gone to his head...someone needs to take a "survey" in about a few weeks which might include a few million pissed off baseball fans.

Fuck Fox.

Cablevision says it pays $70 million a year for access to 12 Fox channels, including those in dispute, and that News Corp. is now asking for more than $150 million a year for the same programming. It said Thursday that it is willing to submit to binding arbitration and called on Fox not to pull the plug.

Double the amount? Puleeze. Are times that tough for billionnaire Murdoch? Or have ratings gone to his head...someone needs to take a "survey" in about a few weeks which might include a few million pissed off baseball fans.

Cablevision should dump FOX, much as I like NatGeo..it simply isn't worth all the other garbage.

Fuck Fox.

Cablevision should dump FOX, much as I like NatGeo..it simply isn't worth all the other garbage.

They pulled the same thing with Dish Network. Now I can't get FX which means I have to go online to find out what happened on Sons of Anarchy, and I was just starting to enjoy Terriers.

So...where's all the FOX fans? Usually when the word FOX turns up in a new thread, ya'll swarm like Army Ants to defend your favorite news folks. Scratching your heads over whether or not you should risk saying you're pissed that you might not get the World Series on your cable network? Hey, I promise I won't hold it against you. :eusa_whistle:

Fuck Fox.

They pulled the same thing with Dish Network. Now I can't get FX which means I have to go online to find out what happened on Sons of Anarchy, and I was just starting to enjoy Terriers.

I don't like that their news channels went to court to establish a right to lie.

That really sticks in my craw..big time.

Does all that mean that Democrats are more open minded and likely to listen to opposing viewpoints than Republicans are?

Or is it that Fox just has a bigger share of the viewers, perhaps for the same reason the Comedy Central seems to get a lot of viewers?

Does all that mean that Democrats are more open minded and likely to listen to opposing viewpoints than Republicans are?

Or is it that Fox just has a bigger share of the viewers, perhaps for the same reason the Comedy Central seems to get a lot of viewers?

I don't know and I don't care. It's one thing to pick stories that may have a conservative focus. It quite another to lie.

It's an aberration that a "news' organization lies..or participates in the very news stories they report on.

Just my take.

The actual story should be as objective as possible.

Anything else is propaganda.

Makes sense to me. Definitely explains why Democrat politicians hate Fox. They can't control the people that way

I don't know and I don't care. It's one thing to pick stories that may have a conservative focus. It quite another to lie.

It's an aberration that a "news' organization lies..or participates in the very news stories they report on.
Just my take.

Are there examples of this that you would please cite?

Just my take.

Does this help? While other news organizations were reporting on the tea party protests in the summer of 09 as they occurred, or thereafter, Fox took it upon itself to regularly announce where they would be held, and of course keying in on some of the most rabid speeches.
fox-20090408-opposition16.jpg

Last edited:
Makes sense to me. Definitely explains why Democrat politicians hate Fox. They can't control the people that way

Well here's why I hate Fox News.

washingtonpost.com
Beck has achieved this in part because he is willing to do what other leading right-wing talkers are not: "to give a platform to the conspiracy theorists and anti-government extremists," as the Anti-Defamation League puts it. His fellow Fox News host Bill O'Reilly once said Beck succeeds because he is willing to "take it five steps further than I do."

At the heart of Beck's technique of amplifying fringe theories is his obsession with Nazism. For much of the past 70 years, there has been an unwritten rule in U.S. political debate: Avoid Hitler accusations. Once you liken your opponent to the Nazis, any form of rational discussion becomes impossible. But Beck, it seems, has a Nazi fetish. In his first 18 months on Fox News, from early 2009 through the middle of this year, he and his guests invoked Hitler 147 times. Nazis, an additional 202 times. Fascism or fascists, 193 times. The Holocaust got 76 mentions, and Joseph Goebbels got 24.

O'Reilly is a saint compared to this lying, phony warrior who grabs the attention of 14 million people every day bowing at his feet.

Just my take.

Does this help? While other news organizations were reporting on the tea party protests in the summer of 09 as they occurred, or thereafter, Fox took it upon itself to regularly announce where they would be held, and of course keying in on some of the most rabid speeches.
fox-20090408-opposition16.jpg

Is that a picture of the Web Site or of the News Channel?

Just my take.

Ridiculous. It's well known that they went to court to retain the right to put up stories that were false.

Google works for everyone.

Yup.. Fox News is the favorite of Democrats according to Pew research...That's nice...

--------------------------------------:eusa_eh:

It's wildly counterintuitive, at least if you believe the chattering-class wisdom that only tea-party yahoos watch Fox News. But if a survey released Monday by the Pew Research Center for People and the Press is accurate, at any given moment there are more Democrats watching Fox News than MSNBC or CNN.

According to Pew, 53 percent of MSNBC's viewers identify themselves as Democrats, compared to 47 percent at CNN and 21 percent at Fox News. Applying those percentages to the August Nielsen ratings, it means that the average number of Democrats watching Fox News is 214,200. MSNBC has 199,810 Democrats, and CNN 179,070.*

Changing Channels | Democrats' favorite cable-news channel: Fox News

The right wing doesn't believe anything PEW has to say. Look how mad they got when this was published:

528-54.gif

Well here's why I hate Fox News.

washingtonpost.com
Beck has achieved this in part because he is willing to do what other leading right-wing talkers are not: "to give a platform to the conspiracy theorists and anti-government extremists," as the Anti-Defamation League puts it. His fellow Fox News host Bill O'Reilly once said Beck succeeds because he is willing to "take it five steps further than I do."

At the heart of Beck's technique of amplifying fringe theories is his obsession with Nazism. For much of the past 70 years, there has been an unwritten rule in U.S. political debate: Avoid Hitler accusations. Once you liken your opponent to the Nazis, any form of rational discussion becomes impossible. But Beck, it seems, has a Nazi fetish. In his first 18 months on Fox News, from early 2009 through the middle of this year, he and his guests invoked Hitler 147 times. Nazis, an additional 202 times. Fascism or fascists, 193 times. The Holocaust got 76 mentions, and Joseph Goebbels got 24.

O'Reilly is a saint compared to this lying, phony warrior who grabs the attention of 14 million people every day bowing at his feet.

O'Reilly actually got someone killed. He should be in jail.

New Topics

Forum List

Back