Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

Discussion in 'Media' started by EvilEyeFleegle, Mar 21, 2018.

1. EvilEyeFleegle

EvilEyeFleegle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,049
    Wow! This guy roasts FOX:

Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

"Commentator and author Ralph Peters isn’t just closing the door on his career at Fox News Channel. He’s slamming it right off the hinges.

In a blistering goodbye email, Peters, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who commented on military affairs, called Fox “a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” He described President Trump as being “terrified” of Russian president Vladimir Putin.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer,” wrote Peters on Tuesday to his Fox colleagues, in an email first obtained by BuzzFeed News. “That oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox is assaulting our constitutional order and rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

He added: “When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies."

Instead, he said he wrote the email because Fox’s hosts — whom he did not single out by name — are “hurting the country.”

“It’s not complicated,” he said. “It’s not. It may sound corny to say I took an oath as an officer, but it’s true. I just feel for their selfish reasons, they’re doing damage to the country.”

In a statement in reply to Peters, Fox said, “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

To which Peters replied: “If I’m seeking attention why the [expletive] did I just quit Fox and the chance to speak to millions every day?”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,702
    GOOD to see and hear . 'ralph peters' reminds me of 'mrobamas' admiral john kirby so to the sh1tcan with both of them . Thank you EEFleegle !!

3. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,850
    Clearly he's stuck in the past... He singles out Fox as if this is not the 'new way' of cable media across the board...

They're /all/ political propaganda boards these days.

4. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,050
    You're late. :laugh:

5. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,702
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. EvilEyeFleegle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,049
    I agree with the substance of the article I posted...and his opinions expressed in that article. The rest doesn't matter.

7. EvilEyeFleegle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,049
    Yeah..just noticed..sorry.

8. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,702
    'ralph' is a wussy , glad that he is gone EEFleegle !!

9. Wuwei

Wuwei Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    In your link Ralph said,
    “I detest Hillary Clinton, I find her despicable. But I still think she’s a safer bet for President than Donald Trump. His attacks on NATO, crazy statements on Aleppo and Syria about Iran, his insistence that he knows more about ISIS than the generals… I just can’t swallow that,” ...
    Seems to be one of those "hate the least" statements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,702
    well , we won't be hearing any more of wussy 'ralph peters' on FOX at least and thats a good thing in my opinion Wuwei