Fox News commentator exits with a searing attack on Fox News

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Wow! This guy roasts FOX:

"Commentator and author Ralph Peters isn’t just closing the door on his career at Fox News Channel. He’s slamming it right off the hinges.

In a blistering goodbye email, Peters, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who commented on military affairs, called Fox “a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” He described President Trump as being “terrified” of Russian president Vladimir Putin.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer,” wrote Peters on Tuesday to his Fox colleagues, in an email first obtained by BuzzFeed News. “That oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox is assaulting our constitutional order and rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

He added: “When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies."

Instead, he said he wrote the email because Fox’s hosts — whom he did not single out by name — are “hurting the country.”

“It’s not complicated,” he said. “It’s not. It may sound corny to say I took an oath as an officer, but it’s true. I just feel for their selfish reasons, they’re doing damage to the country.”

In a statement in reply to Peters, Fox said, “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

To which Peters replied: “If I’m seeking attention why the [expletive] did I just quit Fox and the chance to speak to millions every day?”

GOOD to see and hear . 'ralph peters' reminds me of 'mrobamas' admiral john kirby so to the sh1tcan with both of them . Thank you EEFleegle !!

Clearly he's stuck in the past... He singles out Fox as if this is not the 'new way' of cable media across the board...

They're /all/ political propaganda boards these days.

"Commentator and author Ralph Peters isn’t just closing the door on his career at Fox News Channel. He’s slamming it right off the hinges.

In a blistering goodbye email, Peters, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who commented on military affairs, called Fox “a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” He described President Trump as being “terrified” of Russian president Vladimir Putin.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer,” wrote Peters on Tuesday to his Fox colleagues, in an email first obtained by BuzzFeed News. “That oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox is assaulting our constitutional order and rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

He added: “When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

In an interview, Peters, 65, who lives in Warrenton, Va., said he never intended his email to become public and that he wasn’t trying to “grandstand” about his differences with the network, which he joined as a contributor in 2008. But he offered no apologies."

Instead, he said he wrote the email because Fox’s hosts — whom he did not single out by name — are “hurting the country.”

“It’s not complicated,” he said. “It’s not. It may sound corny to say I took an oath as an officer, but it’s true. I just feel for their selfish reasons, they’re doing damage to the country.”

In a statement in reply to Peters, Fox said, “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention. We are extremely proud of our top-rated prime-time hosts and all of our opinion programing.”

To which Peters replied: “If I’m seeking attention why the [expletive] did I just quit Fox and the chance to speak to millions every day?”

You're late. :laugh:

You're late. :laugh:

Yeah..just noticed..sorry.

here is a little of 'ralphs' opinion . --- Ralph Peters: Clinton is a Safer Bet Than Trump --- course YOU probably agree with 'ralph' eh EEFleegle .
In your link Ralph said,
“I detest Hillary Clinton, I find her despicable. But I still think she’s a safer bet for President than Donald Trump. His attacks on NATO, crazy statements on Aleppo and Syria about Iran, his insistence that he knows more about ISIS than the generals… I just can’t swallow that,” ...
Seems to be one of those "hate the least" statements.

well , we won't be hearing any more of wussy 'ralph peters' on FOX at least and thats a good thing in my opinion Wuwei

In #5, we can understand the duped and dumbed-down eye-gouger who takes the Clinton mafia bait.

Interesting that yesterday Chrissy Matthews was breathlessly giving the stats on what percent of Reps and DEMs believe in a 'deep state' Matthews reads: "Seventy nine percent of REPs believe in the deep state. Then Chrissy almost wet his pants when the percent of DEMs who believe in the deep state came on the screen:..........SEVENTY TWO PERCENT!!!!!
Crissy exclaimed "WOW" and then never mentioned the poll again all night.

The deep state poll isn't that simple.

"A majority of Americans believes a faction of unelected officials is orchestrating policy in Washington, D.C., according to a new poll.

The Monmouth University Polling Institute found that 74 percent of respondents believe in a “deep state” when it is described as a collection of unelected officials running policy. Twenty-one percent said they do not believe this kind of group exists.

The poll notes that more than 7 in 10 Americans polled in each political group, Republican, Democrat and independent, believe in a deep state. Thirty-one percent of Republicans and 33 percent of independents say they believe a deep state “definitely exists,” while 19 percent of Democrats believe this.

Pollsters also found that a majority of those polled, 63 percent, said they were “not familiar” with the term deep state, however. Thirteen percent said they were “very familiar,” while 24 percent said they were “somewhat familiar.”

“We usually expect opinions on the operation of government to shift depending on which party is in charge,” Monmouth University Polling Institute Director Patrick Murray said in a statement. “But there’s an ominous feeling by Democrats and Republicans alike that a ‘Deep State’ of unelected operatives are pulling the levers of power.”

The survey of 803 adults was conduced from March 2 to 5. It has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points."
Xiaomi Yeelight Lámpara de Techo Inteligente LED -€61.24 La Tienda en Línea | GearBest.com

-- 63% of those polled had never heard of the term.

-- Only 803 people polled.

Say, who left CNN in disgust after they gave Hillary the debate questions before the debate with Trump?

No self respecting retired officer can support Fox.

Ralph is an interesting and smart guy, but for the past year, he has become increasingly unhinged.

here is a little of 'ralphs' opinion . --- Ralph Peters: Clinton is a Safer Bet Than Trump --- course YOU probably agree with 'ralph' eh EEFleegle .
I agree with the substance of the article I posted...and his opinions expressed in that article. The rest doesn't matter.

Hahahahaha...... this guy is hated by the left for a lot of good reasons...and now he says something you like, and he is quotable. Hilarious.
If this guy was President, we would not only have had WW III by now...but working on WW IIII

Forum List

Back