Fox News co-owner funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ Imam

so bert, should a corp. be able to refuse to sell shares to someone based on nationality and/or religion?

Oh I'm not saying that at all. However, all those people who are calling the Imam a terrorist are suddenly silent about that in this thread. I wonder why. :eusa_think:

You can bet it would be noisy as hell if it had been the New York Times.

You're seriously quoting Huff Po as a credible source. :rolleyes:

Except neither thing I'm sourcing from the Huff is a opinion, both are facts.

You'd think by now everyone would know that Internet "news" outlets do not generate the news stories--they are reprinted from somewhere else. The only exception might be The Drudge Report, but NewsCorp feeds them talking points early every day which is why the right always gets to decide what will become MSM top stories du jour.

Here is some of the author, John Cook's other "journalistic" endeavors:
Credible sources please.

This guy is nothing but a political hack...not a journalist.

You need to be more diligent Robert.

This whole thread is rather stupid. But I do so love the hypocrisy by the right who think it's borderline criminal for someone from the left to dare to criticize the biggest lying piece of shit allowed air time at all, Glenn Beck. That First Amendment thingie only applies to Limbeckites, I guess.

You're seriously quoting Huff Po as a credible source. :rolleyes:

Except neither thing I'm sourcing from the Huff is a opinion, both are facts.

You'd think by now everyone would know that Internet "news" outlets do not generate the news stories--they are reprinted from somewhere else. The only exception might be The Drudge Report, but NewsCorp feeds them talking points early every day which is why the right always gets to decide what will become MSM top stories du jour.
Of course they know. It's their excuse not to accept facts [video tape].

You idiot liberals will make an issue out of anything. So what Alweed support the mosque, that's his right is it not? Besides no one is against the building of a mosque, just the location if this particular one.

Word of advice for all you liberal fucks.

GROW THE FUCK UP!

You idiot liberals will make an issue out of anything. So what Alweed support the mosque, that's his right is it not? Besides no one is against the building of a mosque, just the location if this particular one.

GROW THE FUCK UP!

You miss the point.

Since FoxNews claims that Alwaleed supports terrorism, and since Alwaleed profits off of FoxNews, if you watch FoxNews you are supporting terrorism.

Last edited:

GROW THE FUCK UP!

Tell us again how smart you are, ok?

(and remember, everyone....it is a "so what" as to who funds the "mosque")

Fox News co-owner funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report | Raw Story

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

Al-Waleed donated $500,000 to the Council on American-Islamic Relations — which has been repeatedly denounced on Fox News's air by Geller and others as a terror group — in 2002. Indeed, Rauf's "numerous ties to CAIR" alone have been cited by the mosque's opponents as a justification for imputing terrorist sympathies to him, yet few people seem to be asking whether Murdoch's extensive multi-billion business collaboration with the man who funds both Rauf and CAIR merits investigation or concern

:eusa_think:

What amazes me is Fox really thinks that people wont figure this shit out.

They are now on record calling their own owner a terrorist supporter who can be called an enemy combantant.

Watching Fox news puts money in the pockets of terrorists according to Fox itself.

Last edited:

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

Al-Waleed donated $500,000 to the Council on American-Islamic Relations — which has been repeatedly denounced on Fox News's air by Geller and others as a terror group — in 2002. Indeed, Rauf's "numerous ties to CAIR" alone have been cited by the mosque's opponents as a justification for imputing terrorist sympathies to him, yet few people seem to be asking whether Murdoch's extensive multi-billion business collaboration with the man who funds both Rauf and CAIR merits investigation or concern

They are now on record calling their own owner a terrorist supporter who can be called an enemy combantant.

Watching Fox news puts money in the pockets of terrorists according to Fox itself.

Well, as in the Stewart video...they're either really evil or really stupid.

What's really hysterical about this is the Fox and Friends were attacking the Alwadeed's charity, the Kingdom Foundation, the other day. Of course they failed to mention who ran the foundation.

If you watch FoxNews, you are supporting terrorists.

I don't watch Fox, but fuck off anyway.

Why does his saying that make you angry if you aren't a brainwashed FOX lover?

because he's comparing people who disagree with him to terrorists, you stupid fuck. I see you're as stupid as chris, so fuck you too.

GROW THE FUCK UP!

You miss the point.

Since FoxNews claims that Alwaleed supports terrorism, and since Alwaleed profits off of FoxNews, if you watch FoxNews you are supporting terrorism.

Oh we all got the point. You have hydrocephalus.

the fact this thread isnt on the stupid shit by stupid people or the conspiracy board is a pretty nice sample of proof that USMB has become run by corrupt cesspool of dumbfucks supporting the left wing agenda, and is why I still will never donate to this site.

GROW THE FUCK UP!

You miss the point.

Link? And nothing from a comedy show please.

Last edited:
Is the concern that Fox's reporting is wrong? Or that they have a terrorist funding them? Or what?

I don't see where they have called Rauf a terrorist, or a funder of terrorism.

If Fox opinion shows favored the Mosque, or whatever we're calling it today, at Ground Zero, would that be cool? Or would they then be in Rauf's pocket?

In other words, how could they possibly win here with the Fox haters?

The Prince is pretty well-fixed. He could fund the mosque 100% if he wanted. No problem. Why doesn't he?

Last edited:
I don't watch Fox, but fuck off anyway.

Why does his saying that make you angry if you aren't a brainwashed FOX lover?

because he's comparing people who disagree with him to terrorists, you stupid fuck. I see you're as stupid as chris, so fuck you too.

Hmmmm, which is the part of the whole thing you dont get.

FOX WAS DOING JUST WHAT YOU ARE PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT YOU CLOWN.

Is the concern that Fox's reporting is wrong? Or that they have a terrorist funding them? Or what?

If Fox opinion shows favored the Mosque, or whatever we're calling it today, at Ground Zero, would that be cool? Or would they then be in Rauf's pocket?

Rauf is pretty well-fixed. He could fund the mosque 100% if he wanted. No problem. Why doesn't he?

Fox is claiming this secret funder (who they refused to name) is funding terror so they can smear the prayer center.

They didnt mention his name because he is a Fox owner and they DONT WANT you using the same logic they are using to smear one man to then be used to smear them.

In other words they are as guilty as this Imam under their own standards.

Rauf is pretty well-fixed. He could fund the mosque 100% if he wanted. No problem. Why doesn't he?

Fox is claiming this secret funder (who they refused to name) is funding terror so they can smear the prayer center.

They didnt mention his name because he is a Fox owner and they DONT WANT you using the same logic they are using to smear one man to then be used to smear them.

In other words they are as guilty as this Imam under their own standards.

I don't get to watch FOX as often as I'd like, so I have seen only the Stewart clips, but it would be uncharacteristic of them not to identify Talal as a shareholder in News Corp.

But just so I can follow. The libs are cool with the mosque or what the hell ever it freaking is at Ground Zero; and they hate FOX for saying it shouldn't be at Ground Zero.

Here's where I'm getting lost: Are they angry at FOX for having Talal as a partner, or for criticizing the location of the mosque while Talal is a partner? Would identifying him as such change anything?

Cuz it seems like if they were silent on, or favorable to, the Ground Zero location, then they could be criticized for having Talal controlling their reportage.

As it is, they seem to be reporting against his interest - assuming he has all that much interest in the building, to which he has donated only indirectly and very little.

PS - In my prior posts I typed Rauf where I should have typed Talal. Sorry. (Damn foreigners....why can't they change their funky-ass names to something normal.)

Last edited:

What amazes ME is that FOX is right: they probably won't.

Which is pretty sad.

Forum List

Back