Fox News calls Michelle Obama "Obama's baby mama"

Okay smartass... you know that wasn't my point. I will try to remember this conversation the next time someone in the media does something you perceive to be sexist. Love you anyway.

LOL! I couldn't resist, but it is kind of valid, don't you think?

I have trouble with the entire racist/sexist thing and one day I'll get it all clear in my mind.

*smooch*

LOL! I couldn't resist, but it is kind of valid, don't you think?

I have trouble with the entire racist/sexist thing and one day I'll get it all clear in my mind.

*smooch*

No, I don't think it is that valid. Certain phrases and words have different connotations within different communities, although I think in this case, "baby mama" often has negative connotations even within the black community. That is why it is so often used in hip hop, which has its own sexist issues.

Don't you wish you could actually silence intelligent debate, so that your ignorant liberal whine can better be seen without distraction? You have already been shown by another as being completely wrong on this thread. Sorry to disappoint ya.

I don't wish to silence intelligent debate, but I don't think that issue is even relevant with respect to you.

Yet you posted a link that clearly disputes the very argument you want to make, ya that is bright as hell.

No, it doesn't. It merely says that the tabloids sometimes use the term to referred to married persons. Oh wait... Fox really is just a tabloid, isn't it? Perhaps you are right.

It doesn't say that at all. or perhaps you can quote it where it says that?

Originally, the term was used by the fathers of children born out of wedlock to describe the mothers of their children, but the term is now in general use to describe any single mother. Since entering currency in U.S. tabloids, the terms baby mama and baby daddy have even begun to be applied to married and engaged celebrities.
Baby mama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yet your quote does not say it only applies to tabloids anymore, now does it retard? Or is that one of those " we all know it where I live" moments? It states that the term now applies to celebrities.

To bad, so sad for you. Perhaps you should vet your sources better?

It says the term is in currency with tabloids, and that it has begun to refer to married and engaged celebrities. In tabloids. Keep up. Tabloids. Celebrities. Star. Britney Spears. That is what we are talking about.

How often have you seen the term on CNN, or in the NYT or WP? Do you really think it is regularly used in any of these media to refer to politicians and their wives?

You're point about FOX is valid, though I never consider it a serious news source, and while not quite lighthearted comedy it is in business, IMO, for shock value.

I did think about this, and wondered if I'd consider it sexist to call Hillary Bill's baby momma. It kind of made me laugh, really.

If you call a woman a momma, I don't see how it devalues her anymore than calling a man a daddy devalues him. Baby momma, sugar daddy...they aren't the total sum of someone, just a part of them. I can't imagine a man getting upset about being called a sugar daddy.

I think the real problem here is thinking being a momma is somehow a lacking trait.

But somehow being a boy is? :eusa_think:

I agree, Fox IS a tabloid. In this case, the "bat baby, bigfoot wed" stories are farcical takes on politics.

But, I guess i'd be FREAKING too if my station-wide president hopeful were about to fall down and go boom. And, to be honest, considering the last 3 republican first ladies, the masses are about to have a first lady that is sexier than The Joker, A fat withered piece of white haired leather, and a waspy stepford wife behemoth. Sounds like meGYN kendall is projecting her imminent chair-killing slugtrail and malkin her usual ugly hateful self.

and I do mean UGLY.

malkin.jpg

I wonder how many times DHS has been to this site already...

Forum List

Back